15| Exchange Program

A few weeks before you meet Kusou, you listed yourself to be a part of the Foreign Exchange Student Program. Now you didn't expect yourself to be picked, the chances were 1 out of 200 but your luck tested you a few days ago when you got the email saying "congratulations! you are chosen! your partner in this program is Miu Iruma!"

Now this would be good, great even. The opportunities in being an exchange student would look amazing in collage and job applications, knowing more languages gave you an advantage.

But you were worried about the physic boyfriend you were about to leave behind.

No this is your life, you shouldn't base it off a guy.

But you actually loved this guy

But you shouldn't reject an amazing opportunity because of him

But for fucks sake, you're reading a damn fanfic about him.

You didn't wanna break up with him, no that was the last think on your mind now, no actually it's that coffee you forgot to drink three weeks ago and you had to sadly throw away but breaking up with Kusuo is a close second.

You were just worried on how well the two of you would be able to handle long distance if he doesn't break up with you when you tell him.

You haven't told Kusuo nor brought up the topic and every time you think about it,you make sure your not within 200 meter radius of him. You knew you needed to tell him with graduation right around the corner but you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

Well until today, when Miu kidnapped you and shoved you into Kusuo's house, claiming she was being such a good friend and making you tell him so this wouldn't be some 2014 fanfic scenario where the two main characters don't tell each other and they don't talk for 4 years.

What kind of fanfics is the author reading?...

 don't know but she cried at how bad they were.

Anyways, you were right now sitting on Kusuo's bed while Kusuo was on his chair, leaning forward and looking at you with anticipation. He couldn't read your thoughts. You did master the art of focusing on your breathing in order for you to stop having excessive thoughts and right now, you were putting it to use.

You took a deep breath and finally spoke out. "I'm going to America."

Kusuo tilted his head in confusion, not remembering anytime you had planned to go.

"What do you mean?" He asked while you took another breath.

"I was chosen to be part of an exchange program and I'm going to be living in the USA for around three years." You looked up at him finally before speaking really fast. "Now I understand ifyouwanttobreakupbecauseofthisbut-"

You were cut off but Kusuo chuckling, or just laughing, you couldn't tell which one right now.

"You think I'm breaking up with you?" Kusuo asked and you nodded the tiniest bit but he caught it. "Y/n, I'm just a little shocked but I'm not going to break up with you. Plus, we can do long distance, I can teleport remember."

No you were not going to admit that you forgot that he had powers but you were glad.

"So, we're still together?"

"Yes, Y/n."

Somehow, you graduated with a 4.0 gpa and you were now shaking the hand of your principle. Kusuo was in the audience, smiling at you. His graduation was two days ago and you were there for him as well. Mom was crying into a handkerchief and Dad was giving you a thumbs up when you started walking back down to your seat. Grandma was waving at you and Grandma nodded proudly.

You felt as if you were flying, proud of yourself after all the hard work you put through all those years for this moment.

Mom hugged you tightly as you stood at the check in of the airport, you hugged her back. Grandma held your hand, asking if you brought everything while Grandpa patted your pack gently. Dad took lots of pictures.

You said all your goodbyes as you waited in line.

You checked you tickets and got your luggage check, Kusuo behind you as you were doing all the normal plane stuff. He was invisible to everyone except you and you were about to board the plane.

To say you were having second thoughts was an understatement. Scenarios after scenarios were running through your head, thinking about everything and you forgot you had a psychic boyfriend who could hear all of them.

"Calm down, nothing bad is going to happen and I'm not going to find anyone else. You're the only one I can tolerate here." Kusuo reassured you everything was going to be fine as he kissed your head reassuringly.

You smiled, reassuring yourself, knowing Saiki would probably be in disgust of everyone. You both had one last conversation before the speakers rang.

"Last call for gate B-24 flight to America."

You stood up, grappling your carryon as Miu already left to the plane, kissing Teruhashi and Aiura at the check in because they don't have powers like Kusuo.

Psychic privilege is real.

"3 years?" Kusuo asked as he kissed you one more time. You smile and kiss him again. "3 years." and with that, you walk to your flight, shouting an 'I love you' to him but you left before you could heard anything back. Kusuo looked out the big window on the planes, using his X-RAY vision to make sure you sat down safely.

You stepped on the plane and sat next to Miu after helping her out her giant luggage up, but it surprisingly felt light, though it was probably thanks to Kusuo.

You were looking out the window while the plane took flight.

It was quiet until you heard a small echo in your mind from the person you love, reaching out to you one more time with his powers and repeating the words you said to him earlier.

"I love you too."

(A/n: I mentioned the Exchanged Program in earlier chapters but only like one person noticed.)