17| 3 Years

You were finally back in Japan, walking off your plane. The steps walking through the tunnel were slow, waiting for people to move while they carried their carry-ons and grabbed their strollers for small children. You stayed behind to be one of the last ones off, thanking and expressing your gratitude to the attendants and pilots before waiting in line.

Once finally walking out of the tunnel, you started to walk to the exit, passing the overly priced fast food restaurants on the way there as you exited with your luggage from baggage claim.

"Y/N!" You heard behind you, Miu rushing over to hug your back. "I still can't believe that you left me, you little shit-"

You smacked her on the head before she could continue speaking.

"May I remind you that you were the one rushing out of the plane, without me, because you wanted to be first back in Japan?" You reminded her in a non reminding way.

Miu pouted. "Well you could have at least waited for me to find my luggage..."

You rolled your eyes before walking out of the airport, looking for your uber when Miu started speaking again.

"Three years. Three years in America." She said, looking around the airport's outside view. "Three years for me to become a lawyer, Three years for you to become a nurse. Three years away from Japan."

"Three years away from home." Miu finished, looking around one last time before she sniffed, wiping her eyes with her sleeve and smiling. "Get ready Japan..."

"CAUSE WE ARE BACK BABY!" Miu yelled at the top of her lungs, catching everyone's attention as they exited and entered their vehicles.

You slapped her again, though you did agree with her.

You grabbed her hand when you saw the license plate you memorized as your uber and pulled her in the car, the luggages set in the back. Once you sat down, the driver looked at you both and introduced themselves.

"Are you two L/n and Iruma?" The drive asked and you both nodded, Miu still catching her breathe from yelling at the top of her fucking lungs.

"Okay, I'm Sam, I use They/he pronouns and I'm really fucking gay, what about y'all?" Sam asked, holding up a small peace sign as he looked at the two of you before starting to drive.

"I use she/her pronouns and I am a lesbian in a polyamorous relationship" Miu said, being a social little bitch boy-

"Author shut the fuck up and just finish this stupid ass story so you can stop acting like The Watcher and being a creepy ass stalker." Miu said, looking out the window while the other two in the car looked confused at each other.

FIRST SAIKI AND NOW YOU, WHAT'S NEXT, TERUHASHI IS GOING TO HEAR ME?-

In the distance, Teruhashi sneezed and Aiura started freaking out if they were gonna die-

"Anywaysss... Now that Miu is done acting like a main character, I use She/They pronouns, and I'm (sexuality)."

(i'm a pan pan homosexual pan.)

Sam nodded. "So, two different addresses, are you guys going to your partners' houses?" They asked, almost at the first stop. You both nodded and Miu started talking about how amazing Teruhashi and Aiura were.

"What about you? Any significant others, Getting any?" Miu asked, repeatedly raising her eyebrows and Sam laughed while you were whispering to Miu to not make a sexual comment again though Sam heard you.

"Yes actually, My boyfriend and I actually just passed our two year anniversary and I'm asexual by the way." Sam said, as he grabbed one of those films you get on those cameras and stuff and showing the two of you.

"Noted, also congrats" Miu said, while you congratulated him as well when the car stopped.

"This is Y/n's stop, hope to see you around soon." Sam said, helping you get your luggage out of the trunk before going back inside the car. They waved at you, Miu leaning over his seat to wave at you too.

"BYE YA LOSER!" Miu yelled before flipping you off and you shook your head, forgetting that this was a 22 year old.You waved back before they drove off, being left alone to ring the doorbell.

You controlled your breath and focused on it, not letting any thoughts slip through your head as you rang the doorbell. A few moments later, the door was opened.

"Y/n?" You smiled, looking at the pink haired male while finally letting thoughts go through your head.

"Kusuo?" You mimicked and he flicked your forehead before leaning down and hugging you. You wrapped your arms around him and sighing, feeling safe in his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back today?" Kusuo asked, crossing his arms. You shrugged, muttering out a "surprise". Kusuo rolled his eyes and pulled you inside his house, holding your face and kissing you passionately, not letting go as you found a tear being slid down your cheek, happy to be back home.

home.

Why did that word feel so significant around Kusuo?

Home.

And Kusuo was your home. And you were his.

Kusuo pulled away, remembering about oxygen's homophobia and letting the two of you breathe.

"I just bought ice cream today. You planned this, didn't you?" Kusuo looked at you teasingly while you nodded your head sarcastically. "Ah yes, I'm only here for the ice cream and I will be taking my right after."

Kusuo flicked your head again, before grabbing two cartons of ice cream, two spoons, and a big blanket before dragging you to the couch and wrapping the blanket around the two of you, giving you a carton of (your favorite ice cream) and turning on the TV and scrolling to find a show.

"Criminal Minds or Grey's Anatomy?"

You fixed the blanket onto your shoulder and leaned close to Kusuo, snuggling into his chest.

"Grey's Anatomy I guess."

Right now, Right here. Everything was perfect.

And you wouldn't trade what you had for anything.

(a/n: get fed.)