Chapter 19

Gerard stood on the scales waiting for the the number to adjust, his head was down and his black hair hung covering his face. His posture was lazy. His shoulder were slouched and the top of his spine had a gentle curve. His arms dangling beside him. He looked like a lifeless doll.

I walked over to him hoping that he had gained weight in the week that I have been with him. I watched everything go into his mouth. He sighed and hook his hair behind his ear.

"I've gained weight, 2lbs" Gerard lifted up his head

"That's great baby!' I hugged him while he was still on the scales

Gerard climbed back into his bunk. He sat there scribbling away in his pj bottoms and faded black Star Wars T-shirt. He looked so peaceful when he was in his own world, just getting lost in drawing. For the past week Gerard and I would spend hours in silence, him drawing while I listened to music and played with his hair. We enjoyed sitting in silence with each other more than talking.

"We should go out and get some fresh air," I said looking out the window

"Nughh, do we have to ?" Gerard whined squinting down at me

"Yeah come on, we can go for a walk in the park"

"Ugh"

"Okay, how about we go to Starbucks?" I walked over to him

He smiled at me giving me a peck on the cheek and got up from bed.

We walked down the street as the wind hit us making our hair go wild.

"Hi, any chance I could get a picture with you?" A girl came up with brown hair. She held her phone in her hand waiting for Gerard's response

"Sure" Gerard smiled and brought his arm around her shoulder

They took a few photos and they talked for a couple of minutes before she said thanks and skipped away.

"She was nice" Gerard smiled and we continued walking.

As we sat there drinking our hot beverages we both gazed out the window lost in thought, I took and sip of my hot chocolate and felt the warmth spread down my throat to my stomach.

"Aren't you ever not in the mood to take photos with your fans or get pissed off with getting asked to smile for photos all the time or answering questions?" I asked

Gerard looked up at me in surprise not expecting the question that I just asked. "I don't know. I guess I'm used to it by now. It's automatic reaction it has nothing to so with what type of mood I'm in. It's like a job. It doesn't matter what is your mood, you still have to do it." Gerard replied leaning forward in his seat. "Why?"

"I was just wondering, curious. Remember I don't know what it like to be worldwide famous" I raised an eyebrow

Gerard giggled and blushed, hiding behind the cup.

****

We walked around the streets making our way to the park even through Gerard was resisting a little

"Why don't you want to go to the park with me?" I asked hooking my arm through Gerard's

"Because last time we came here Ray loved the park and we basically went here everyday. He's like a dog, love wide open places" Gerard looked over moving the strands of hair away from his face.

We walked around talking nonsense to each other but enjoying the fresh air. We watched kids run around and laughing. It was a happy moment for everyone in the park. The sun was beginning to set making everything look orange. We could feel the frost coming down for the night.

"Thank you for having me over" I said looking at the ground

"Why you saying thank you?" Gerard looked at me, smiling with the sparkle in his eye that he lost when I first came here. "I should be the one saying thank you. You make me feel so much better, mentally , physically, emotionally. I'm so stable when you're around me. I'm happy without knowing it." Gerard squinted at me trying to block the sun from his eyes.

I wrapped my arms around Gerard, making us stop walking. I felt his chin rest on my shoulder as we stood there liking each other's warmth.

"Gerard? Gerard Way?" A woman's voice called out. We broke apart to see a woman with big brown eyes, pale skin and black hair.

"Lynz? what you doing here?!" Gerard walked over and gave her a quick hug.

"I'm here for a little break with the family. I'm guessing you're on tour?" The woman smiled widely at him.

"Yeah, we are for a year" Lynz nodded in response

"Nhhhmm" I coughed lightly for Gerard to notice I was standing beside him

"Oh, this is my girlfriend, Lisa. Lisa, this is my old friend Lynz" Gerard introduced us.

She smiled at me and then looked at Gerard

"I better go but we should definitely meet up soon before you leave" Lynz hugged him and waved goodbye as she walked away.

"She's sounds nice" I said 

"Yeah, yeah she is" Gerard stared as she walked away.

"Are you coming?" I asked trying to get Gerard attention back to me

"Yeah, sorry baby" He smiled and we started walking back to the bus.

—————————————

I hope you enjoy this chapter it's kinda all over the place. Please comment!!! 

:D

Grace