Chapter 27

I woke up to a light knock on my door and it opening, it didn't register with me who it would be and I just turned over to cuddle into Gerard's chest.

"Morning Honey, what some breakfast?" My eyes shot open to when I realised that Mom was in my room, without thinking I sat up making Gerard wake up.

"Mom! Get out!" I whispered in a panic to her

"Oh wh-" She stopped when she saw Gerard sit up slowly still half asleep rubbing his eyes. I think my face turned bright red then. Mom looked at me and then at Gerard one more time before slowly closing my door.

"What's going on?" Gerard said in his morning voice with hair all over the place

"My mom just came in and realise your were in bed with me" I giggled to myself

"Oh well" Gerard yawned slumping back down onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me making him spoon me.

I felt him kiss my shoulder until I dosed off again.

****

"Lisa. Lisa, wake up. It's 1pm" Gerard shook me lightly

"What?" I moaned stretching my arms out

"Get dress I want to go somewhere" Gerard smiled pushing back his hair

"Ugh, okay" I dragged myself out of bed and dressed quickly.

"Where are we going?" I asked putting up my hair in a bun

"Just somewhere" Gerard leaned against the doorway looking at me

We walked down the hall and I saw Mom in the kitchen. I wasn't in the mood for the sex talk right now.

"Mom, Gerard and I are going out for awhile be back later" I shouted out running out of the apartment before Mom could tell me to stop.

We walked into town, I kept asking where we were going but Gerard kept it a secret.

We finally stopped at the entrance of the park.

"You're bringing me to the park?" I asked confused because he hates coming to the park

"Yeah, I thought we could talk" Gerard held my hand and leaned me to the bench.

We sat down and watched kids running around and people having picnics. I was worried in what Gerard wanted to talk about.

"Please tell me why we're here?" I turned towards him

"I know our relationship has been really difficult these last few months..." Gerard sighed and looked down "..mostly because of me. If I was with anyone else they would have left by now" Gerard squeezed my hand

"Where are you going with this Gerard?" I tried to look into his eyes but he looked away "You're starting to freak me out"

Gerard took out a brown envelope and stared at it. I was so tempted to just grab it out of his hand and run.

"I know you're not happy Lisa and it's not fair for you to be waiting for me when I'm touring. I want you to have this and please do it. It would mean the world to me" Gerard handed me the envelope, by now my hand was shaking when I reached out to get it.

I looked at Gerard and he kept staring at the envelope like his life depended on it. I slowly started opening the sticky flap and took out the single piece of paper that was in it.

"Oh my god" I gasped

"I hope you still want to go" Gerard smiled

In front of me, I was holding a receipt for me to start university. There was accommodation paid for and all other fees.

"G-Gerard I can't accept this. It's too much" I started to cry happy tears. After months and months of crying with sadness.

"What did I tell you? You have to do it" I knocked over Gerard hugging him as tightly as I could.

"ThankYouThankYouThankYou" I said in a rush

"Everything is organized for you." Gerard chuckled

I can't believe I have the chance to go to university and actually study science. It is so unexpected. I had accepted it that I wasn't going to university anytime soon. Even though I would still be away from Gerard while he was touring I  wouldn't be waiting alone at home. I would be busy doing my own thing. Gerard didn't realize but this opened up a whole new opportunity for me. I would be able to have a career that I would actually enjoy to be in. Mom would have Malcolm to come help in the shop. For once in my life I could see my life going according to plan, for now.

I wanted to go straight home and tell Mom about what Gerard has done and hoping she would totally forget about this morning. I grabbed Gerard's hand and literally ran all the home clutching the envelope in my hand so tight. When we reached the building both Gerard and I were wrecked and my throat was on fire but I was determined to see Mom reaction when I told her.

I ran up the stairs and opened the door that let me enter our apartment to see Mom on the couch talking to someone.

"Mom!" I shouted out running over to her

"What Honey?" She had a worried look on her face thinking that there was something wrong.

"Gerard, G-Gave me this" I breathed out handing her the envelope and bending over to catch my breath.

I analyzed Mom's face as she opened the brown, now crinkled, envolope and her eyes went wide.

"W-what?! Are you serious?!" Mom shouted with tearing building up in her eyes.

She looked at me and then looked at Gerard who was standing the doorway still trying to catch his breath. She ran over to him and hugged him, making him bend down to her short height,

"We- we can't take this Gerard" Mom sobbed as she let go of him

"You have to. I made Lisa promise me she would go before she opened the envelope." Gerard smiled down at her.

"Thank you so much, you don't know how much this helps me" Mom smiled and walked over and hugged me. 

I was overwhelmed with happiness and I was savouring it, soaking it all up. 

"Oh, sorry. We just had a family moment" Mom chuckled while wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand,

I turned around to see who she was talking to and noticed this tall strong built brown haired man smiling at me.

"Lisa, Gerard, this is Jeff. Jeff this is Lisa my daughter and her boyfriend, the one I was telling you about" Mom smiled and watch us

"Hi" Jeff smiled bringing his hand out for a handshake. 

"Hi" I smiled shyly back

"Hey" Jeff waved to Gerard was coming over to my side,

We stood there for a couple of seconds in awkward silence. Mom soon interrupted that by announcing that they have order a takeaway. Again.

"How about you and Gerard go and set the table?" Mom leaned us to the kitchen, giving us the hit to leave them alone.

"I think my mom is acting more of a teenager than I am" I said taking out the cutlery out the draw and handing it to Gerard.

"Tell me about it" Gerard chuckled nodding his head towards them. I leaned to the side to get a better view to see Mom on top if Jeff swapping saliva.

"Oh god" I pretended to make gagging noises,

That night after Mom have had enough of Jeff''s tongue we sat down and had a take away. We talked about what the future will be and laughed at Jeff's terrible jokes. It was a night to remember.

Okay guys!!! So we are getting kinda near to the end of the story but I was thinking that it's not really the end as I MIGHT DO A SEQUEL!? What you thinkof that!? PLEASE TELL ME i NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN START PLANING