Chapter 4

Lisa's POV

I woke up to my alarm going off. I squinted at the clock checking the time. I blindly tried to turn off the alarm but ended up forcefully disconnecting it.

"Shut the fuck up" I groaned into my pillow

I sat up rubbing my eyes. I picked up my phone and saw the selfie Gerard and I took last night as my wallpaper. I thought how his thumb rubbed my hip, making me feeling all warm inside. I got up looking in the mirror to see that I forgot to take off my eyeliner last night resulting in me looking like a panda. I went to the kitchen, mom was reading a book drinking coffee.

"Woah, want some coffee or bamboo?" Mom chuckled

"Bleh" I moaned opening in the fridge

"I'm going to open the shop, will you come down later" Mom asked shoving her book into her bag and putting on her coat

"Um, sure." I stuffed my mouth with ham

"I'm going to get some coffee with Sarah"

"I thought Sarah was a bitch?"

"She is but she texted me yesterday and we got talking again, bye honey" Mom said walking out of the house

I got dressed putting on my Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt and black skinny jeans with my purple converse. I put on eyeliner and brushed my messy hair.

"Wow, will I ever not look shit?" I mumbled flatting down my hair

I put in my earphones and made my way to the shop. I walked to the beat of "Holiday" by Green Day. I opened the shop door to see mom up on the chair behind the cash register staring at the ground with a rolled up paper in her hand .

"Mom, what the hell are you doing?" I asked taking out my earphones

"Good your here, there was a tarantula on the ground there a couple of minutes ago and I don't know where its gone" Mom said looking around her

"I really doubt it was a tarantula mom." I chuckled walking towards her

"Well it looked like a tor- there! There it is" Mom shouted pointing at the lower part of the wall behind the cash register.

I went over to see the "tarantula". I grabbed some paper and kneed down coasting the spider on to it. As I stood up mom got off the chair backing away from me as I walked towards her. Her eyes never leaving the spider on the page.

"Lisa go away" Mom said quietly

"Look it's only the size of my thumb" I said teasing her

"LISA! LI- FUUCCKK OOOFFFF" Mom screamed running away from me frantically as I ran after her around the shop.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. I'll bring him outside" I giggled going out the door

The day went slower than ever. After having my coffee, restocking all the products and cleaning, only 2 hours went by making it 12:30pm. Mom was in the back playing with her phone.

"What you doing?" I said leaning over her shoulder to see

"Just playing games" Mom said absentmindedly

"Mom, this has to be the longest most boring day of the year."

"You want to do something?" Mom said locking her phone and putting it in her pocket

"Yes!"

"Hmmm..How about you clean the toilet. That needs a good clean and I haven't got the time to do it yet" Mom smiled

"That's not what I meant, Why can't you clean the toilet instead of playing games on your phone?"

"Because I have to be out front in case any customers come. You can't do that because you're socially awkward"

"Thanks mom!" I said nudging her

"It's true! Anyway, I got more cleaning supplies, they're under the sink"

"Fine" I dragged myself to the bathroom.

I put on the pink bathroom cleaning gloves that have feathers on the end. I start cleaning the toilet pouring in tons of bleach and cleaning it with the toilet brush. There is always that one strand of hair that gets in the way. Using my arms to push it off my face, trying to blow the hair out of my face too but of course it keeps falling back. I empty last of the content of the bleach into the toilet.

"I need more" I say to myself scrunching up my face looking at the toilet.

"Mom, do we have anymore bleach?" I say walking out into the front looking at my gloves. I heard a deeper voice and I look up seeing a dyed red head talking to my mom facing away from me. They both turn around when I speak, making me freeze when I see the familiar face of Gerard staring back at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what Gerard is doing there! I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I would like to update more but it's coming near to Christmas so I'm kinda busy getting presents and shit so ... yeah. Anyway, please leave comments. I love reading them!

Grace