Chapter 8

I laughed as I watched my old childhood movie on tv, "The Simpsons Movie". I picked up my phone to see no messages or phone calls. I stared at my phone deciding whether to text Gerard or not. Since "our date" we haven't properly spoken. That was a week ago, everyday I was losing hope that Gerard would want to see me again. I got up and passed the hall mirror and caught a glimpse of myself. I haven't taken a shower in 5 days. My hair was stuck in a bun and my face looked revolting. Pimples started to break out on my chin. I breathed out and went to the toilet.

I sat on the toilet and hear the door bell ring

"Shit" I whispered to myself . "I'll be there in a minute" I shouted across the apartment. I pulled up my sweat pants, flushed and washed my hands quickly, wiping them dry on my hoodie. I ran to the door and looked through the peep hole.

"You got to be kidding me" I looked at Gerard who was staring down at the ground. I stepped back and smelt my armpits hoping that I didn't stink and opened the door.

"Hey" Gerard grinned looking me up and down.

"Hi" I smiled trying to hide myself behind the door.

"I was thinking that maybe we could have our first date again? But to make sure we don't get interrupted we could have it here" Gerard with those hazel eyes looked at me making my heart melt.

"Oh okay" a smile automatically creeped up on my face whether I wanted it there or not.

I opened the door to let him in still hiding myself.

"Go into the living room, I'll be back in a minute" I said rushing into the bathroom

"Lis-" Gerard got cut off when I slammed the bathroom door. I could hear his foot steps coming up the hall.
"What are you doing? When I asked to have a date with you I meant you to actually be there with me" Gerard said to the door

"I know, I know. But I have taken a shower in awhile plus I look horrible" I said undoing the bun on my head

"I don't care, I really don't mind. I just want to hug you. Please" Gerard said quietly to the door

"I'll only be 10 minutes" I said turning on the shower. I listened to the steps going down the hall and jumped into the shower.

I walked into the living room to see Gerard asleep on the couch. His head on the armrest. He lying on his stomach with his arm hanging off the couch.

"Gerard wake up" I shook him gently

He eyes opened up slowly, stretched and the cutest moan escaped his mouth

"Was I really that long?" I smiled looking down at him

He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Your couch is really comfy" he yawned standing up. He looked at me and then quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me.

"I missed you" He whispered into my neck

I was still trying to figure out what just happened. I smelt his scent and immediately relaxed.

"I missed you too" I smiled

We stayed like that for a few minutes just savouring each others company as we haven't seen each other in so long. When we release Gerard brushed my hair behind my ear and strokes my cheek. His gentle touch gave me shivers down my spine.

"I'm sorry" He whispered

"For what?"

"Not texting or ringing you" He looked down and sighed

"Gerard it's okay. Seriously why you getting so worked up about this?" I asked

"Because the last time I di- never mind" Gerard shook his head