Chapter 5- Reacquainted (Clary)

Clary's POV

I  was at my apartment, sitting in the living room with Juliet and Calder.  I  was reading the first book of one of my favorite series, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif. After finishing the chapter we were on,  I  got up to make lunch while Juliet turned on Disney channels " Girl Meets World" and Cal feed the fish in our aquarium.  I  was in the middle of warming up the fried rice  I  made yesterday when  I  heard a knock on the door. Juliet yelled "I'll get it!" then hopped off the couch to open the door.  I  was okay with them opening the door as long as they looked through the peep hole to make sure it wasn't a demon or a crazy person, and had a knife with them.  I heard Jewel (A/N: that's Juliet's nickname btw) open the door, then there were gasps and murmurs.  I was curious about what was going on, so I yelled "Hey Jewel, honey, What's going on? Who's there?" down the hall. In response, she yelled that their was a group of people here to talk to me. That it was 5 people about my age. After telling her I'd be there in a minute, I wiped my hands off on the towel hanging from the stove, then fixed my bun and straightened my dark green blouse and black skinny jeans so I looked okay.

I walked down the hall and what  I  saw at the door is the very last thing  I  expected to see. Jace standing there, gold hair, skin, and eyes making him look like some kind of sun god. He looked just like I remember him.  I  was so caught up for a moment that I didn't even notice Izzy, Simon, Alec, and Magnus standing there. I was in so much shock that I didn't say, didn't do, anything but stand there, wide eyed and frozen in shock. My eyes locked with Jace's. It seemed like the whole world was holding its breath as my old life came crashing into my new one and as memories of my friends and the man I thought was soul mate flew through my head at the speed of light, bringing a sea of emotions with them.

After what seemed like an infinity, it was probably only about 2 minutes, the silence was broken when Izzy asked "Clary, is that really you?". "Um... yeah, hey guys. What's up?"  I  asked lamely. Izzy laughed, then tackled me in a bear hug. Simon and Jace still seemed to be working through their shock, whereas Magnus, chuckled a little and said "Hey biscuit. Long time no see." and Alec came to hug me too after Izzy let go. Simon finally seemed to snap out of his shock and hugged me.  He was crying and I was to. Hell, I started crying when Izzy hugged me, but seeing Simon, me oldest and closest friend who I had known since I was barely a kid, made me sob full-blown-ly. Jace was still in shock, his wide eyes darting between Jewel and I. In all that, I had forgotten that she was standing there. She seemed really worried since I was crying and ran to get Cal. When they came back, Jace's eyes seemed to get even wider, which I thought was impossible. Juliet came up to me, reaching to be picked up and hugged, then when  I  picked her up, she buried her head in the crook of my neck. Cal, on the other hand, fierce as he is, stood in front of me as if trying to protect me. His fists were balled at his sides, he stood tall as he could, and he was glaring as fiercely as he could.  I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly, causing him to relax a bit and look up at me questioningly.
"Cal, Jewel, these are some old friends. I haven't seen them in quite a long time" I told the kids. I then looked up at my friends who I haven't seen in 6, nearly 7 years and said words that  I  only imagined i'd say to them again. "Hey guys, why don't you come in and sit down".

A/N: Hey everyone. CLIIIIFFFFF-HAAAANNNNGGGER :D. I'm hoping to have the next chapter up saturday night, maybe sunday. I'm also going to be making some changes to the previous chapters (Just one or two minor changes, only in Clary's life), but i'll put them in an author's note at the beginning of the next chapter so you don't have to go back and reread the chapter. I know this chapter was short, but  I  had to build up the tension for the next chapter. By the way, i'm thinking of posting a chart with all the characters and things like their personality traits and descriptions. Is that a good idea? Anyways,  I  hope you guys liked that chapter and like I said, the next chapter will be up on Saturday or Sunday.  My goal for this chapter is 5 votes and 3 comments so comment, vote, tell your friends, add to your libraries, and follow PLEASE!!!!!! :) thanks for all the reads and support so far!!! it's truly appreciated!!!!!

        ~holding_on_to_hope