Chapter 6- Reacquainted (Jace)

A/N (PLEASE READ) : Hey everyone, so  I  realized  I  haven't done much of Jace's pov and though  I  have plans for more of his POV soon,  I  decided to put the last chapter in Jace's POV to (which is this chapter). BTW the authors note at the end is also really important, so PLLLLEEEAASE read it at the end! Enjoy the story :)

Jace's pov:

It's 2 days after christmas and we are finally going to see Clary.  I  wanted to see her on christmas, but Maryse didn't want me to go on christmas, and convinced me to wait a couple of days and make some preparations such as telling Luke and Joycelyn, booking a hotel, because if Clay lived at the institute there, she might not want me to stay, letting my siblings and their spouses find somewhere to leave their kids for a while(they are at the institute with Maryse), and planning what i'm going to say so I wouldn't get there and make a total fool of myself. Anyways, Magnus is just finishing the portal. It starts swirling into existence, so we all grab the suitcases full of our clothes and weapon, then step through the portal.

We land in front of an apartment door, so  I  check to make sure it was the one I saw when I used the tracking rune. It was. That's when the true gravity of the situation hit me. I was going to see the girl I loved, the girl I have loved for years, but who I haven't been with because I broke her heart over some stupid mistake. I freeze for a moment. I can feel the others staring at me, probably trying to guess whether i'd do it, or chicken out. I steel my nerves and ring the doorbell.

We all wait a moment, shuffling around, waiting for the door to open. What seems like hours, but was probably only a minute passes when the door finally opens. What I see shocks me so much that rub my eyes to make sure I'm not hallucinating. A little girl stands at the door, and it's Clary, but not exactly. I had seen picture of Clary from her childhood when we were dating, and this little girl look just like her in those pictures, but with blond hair and tanned skin. Hair and skin that just so happened to be the same color as mine. I looked at my friends, who all seemed to be in various states of shock, especially Magnus and Simon, who knew her as a child.

We all stood in silence till the little girl said "Um... hi. Who are you?" she even had a similar voice to Clary. After a second, I gathered enough sense to say "Um... hi. Does Clary Fray or Fairchild live here?". "No...? My moms name is Danny Fairchild." she said matter-a-factly, putting emphasis on the name Danny. At that moment, all I could think of is my god, this is either the wrong person, or Clary is a mother. Calry can NOT be a mother. "Oh, well can we see her please?" Izzy asked nicely. "Why? Who are you and why do you want to see my mom?" the little girl asked suspiciously. "Please, little girl, just let us see your mom. We think we knew her awhile ago and if we did, then we need to know and need to talk to her. It's super important!"  I said, my patience running thin. After I said that, she seemed to get really mad, then snapped at me. "One, my name is Juliet, not little girl. DON'T call me little girl. Two, what do you mean you think you knew my mom? you either did or didn-" she started but then was cut off when someone yelled "Hey Jewel, honey, What's going on? Who's there?".  I  knew that voice. It was the voice of my dream, it had been for nearly 7 years now. It was Clary's voice. in response, this child, Juliet, yelled back "Mom, there's 5 people here who want to see you. They look about your age. They need to see you apparently". Clary yelled back that she'd be there in a minute and my heart started racing, my mouth went dry, and my palms were sweating enough to fill up a good sized kiddie pool (not literally of course).  I  wasn't sure what I was going to do when I saw her and the speech I had planned out vanished from my memory. I was considering running when she walked into view.

She looked so different, yet the same. She was wearing a dark green blouse, black skinny jeans, black, ankle-length socks, a necklace of large green opals, and matching earrings. Her hair was dyed a light, caramel-y brown, and was obviously straightened, even though it was in a bun. I got tunnel vision and all I could see was her. I couldn't help but take in every detail of her as if this would be the last time I see her, because it very well could be. She was still small and short, but she was more muscular now. I wasn't sure what to think.

After what seemed to be a forever of silence, Izzy asked "Clary, is that really you?".  "Um... yeah, hey guys. What's up?" she replied bashfully. Izzy laughed, then tackled Clary in a bear hug. I had no clue what to do and was 100% speechless. Magnus, chuckled a little and said "Hey biscuit. Long time no see." to Clary. Alec then hugged her too after Izzy let go.

Simon then hugged Clary, holding on to her like she had died, then came back, and if he let go she'd die again. I felt jealousy rising in my chest, but my brain told me that was ridiculous because he was married to Izzy. I mean honestly, Clary was like his sister. He was crying and she was to. I wanted nothing more than to wipe her tears away.

I was still frozen and couldn't do anything but look between Clary and her daughter with a million thoughts racing through my head. Then I realized that Juliet looked really upset. She suddenly bolted down the hall. A moment later she came back with a little boy who looked the same age as her. My eyes widened even further in a new wave of shock. He looked just like me, but with Clary' beautiful natural hair color that always reminded my of bright, burning flames.  The children ran up to Clary. Juliet was was upset and so Clary picked her up to comfort her, where as the little boy stood in front of her as if trying to defend her from attackers. She set her hand on his shoulder in a gesture of comfort, then said "Cal, Jewel, these are some old friends. I haven't seen them in quite a long time". She then looked at us and said on a voice that contained an assortment of emotions "Hey guys, why don't you come in and sit down.".

        A/N: Okay everyone, so how was the chapter. Now this is my first fanfic, so if I could get some feedback on what you likes or dislikes, that would be AMAZING!!! The next update will come somewhere between tonight-wednesday, depending on a few things but  I  promise i'll have it up as soon as I can. One last thing, i'm thinking about doing, either a "real world"  high school fanfic, but it would be only TMI, or a "real world"  high school fanfic fandom mash-up (the mash-up would include TMI, the greek and roman demigods, and the characters of divergent. maybe some other fandoms too. idk yet.). want do you guys think? Anyways,My goal for this chapter is 5 votes and 4 comments so comment, vote, tell your friends, add to your libraries, and follow PLEASE!!!!!! :) thanks for all the reads and support so far!!! it's truly appreciated!!!!! Love you guys :)

p.s. Last chapter, I mentioned that I was making a couple of changes to Clary's new life. It's nothing much, just that there is a guy in her life, but they aren't serious. She likes him, but she still isn't over Jace so it's pretty complicated.

~holding_on_to_hope