Chapter 1- Leaving

Key:

Thoughts:bold

Flashback-Italics

(This whole chapter is a flashback)

I walked into the institute, which seemed to be empty. Jace told me not to come for training today because he had a massive headache, which I had found strange since shadowhunters don't usually get sick, but didn't question, because why would I. It was 2 years since we defeated Sebastian last month. We've been through so much together and I trust him more than I trust anyone else. I love him and he loves me, so of course I didn't question it. I called Izzy to ask if she wanted to hang out, but she said that her and Alec were out hunting. That made me worry because I didn't want Jace all alone If he wan't well, so I stopped at a deli down the street, got some chicken soup, and went to the institute to check on him and bring him the soup.

I would have called, but didn't want him to feel like I was babying him or something, so decided to surprise him instead. I got to the institute and walked in without knocking because 1.) This place was practically my home, I didn't need to knock, and 2.) If Jace's head hurt, I doubted a large banging sound on gigantic wooden door would help that. Anyways, I walked down the halls looking for Jace and heard a noise coming from one of the many empty bedrooms of the institute. This scared me a bit because Robert wasn't home (as always), Maryse was in Idris because an old friend of hers was getting married (for the second time since her first husband had been murdered by a demon) that week and she was a brides maid in the wedding, and Izzy & Alec were out hunting.

I took a small blade out of my pocket and slowly crept towards the door. I listened for a moment and still heard weird sounds of mumbling and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. The curiosity overtook me so slowly opened the door, trying to be quite enough so whoever or whatever was in there wouldn't notice me coming in. The sight I saw in there will haunt my memories till the day I die. Jace and some shadowhunter girl that I recognize from the conclave were making out in a quite explicit way. Neither of them were wearing shirts and he was practically eating her damn neck while he seemed to be trying to undo the button on his jeans. I gasped sharply and dropped my blade and the soup I had brought him, causing the lid to pop of and chicken broth to seep into the plush carpets.

My hand flew to my mouth as a sob escaped my mouth. My eyes started to tear. They had both heard my gasp, stopped what they were doing, and turned to look at me quickly. The whole room seemed to be suspended in time, them staring in embarrassment, shock, and fear, me trying not to scream as my throat burned, my stomach churned, my eyes brimmed with tears, and my heart shattered into small shards that were too numerous to count. Then the moment broke and I screamed and fled as Jace called my name while he tried to get the shadowhunter girl off of him, re-button his pants, a get his shirt back on. I had left my stele at home, so instead of drawing a portal, I ran out of the institute as fast as I could, hot tear streaming down my face.

I ran into my house and put a locking rune on the door, then threw most of my things, including clothes, shadowhunter gear/weapons, My sketch pads and art supplies, some pictures, my savings, and some other assorted things, into 2 suitcases and a backpack. I went to the kitchen and wrote a few notes so everyone knew why I left, and not to look for me. I figured that if Jace found the note, he would throw it away, so I wrote a few of them and send them to most of my friends and family in fire message. Just as I was sending the last one, I heard a loud banging on my door. Then I heard Jace yell through the door, "Clary, please open the door and talk to me! I'm begging you!".

"Go away Jace! I never want to see you again!" I screamed back, bursting into a new round of tears at the sound of his voice.

"Please Clary, talk to me! I know I made a huge mistake! I know that I hurt you and I am so sorry just talk to me! We can work through this! PLEASE!" Jace sounded frantic and like he was trying not to cry. It broke my heart even more to hear him like that, but I resisted the urge to comfort him and instead yelled back "No Jace, you can' just do something like that, then apologize and make it all better! You broke my heart, and i'm done! WE ARE DONE! I will never see you again. I hate you!"

"Clary, I swear to the Raziel, if you don't open this door, i'm going to break it down!" Jace yelled, hysteria evident in his voice.

"Yeah, good luck with that. I put a locking rune on it Jace." I yelled back grabbing out my stele and walking over to a mostly empty wall to make a portal quickly, because though my runes are stronger than normal runes, they still can't hold forever.

I was just about to to finish the portal rune when the door flew off it's hinges. Jace stormed in the room, a mixture of fear, desperateness, guilt, and worry clouding his face. I turned to draw the last line of the rune on the wall and just as the portal started swirling open, Jace grabbed my wrist, spinning me around to face him. "Please Clary, don't leave me! I love you and I still want to be with you! I don't know what I was thinking, it was just happened. I never wanted to hurt you and I sure as hell don't want to lose you! We have been through so much together, Please don't leave me!" He begged. For a moment I almost caved, almost closed the portal and stayed here to talk to him and work things out. Then I remembered what he did to me. I steeled my nerves, put a fierce expression on my face, and hissed out in a voice that was cold as ice, and dripped with venom "No way Jace. I'm done with you, and we are over. You are dead to me Jace Herondale! Dead to me".
I then ripped my arm away and jumped through the portal, thinking 2 things. The first was "Please let me end up somewhere where they speak english.". The second thing I was thinking about, is that I never even told Jace he would be a father.

A/N (PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!): Hi everyone! This was the first chapter of my VERY first Fan-Fic, so what do you think? This chapter was just an flashback/introduction chapter and the next one will probably be another, but were clary is settling into her new life, and Jace deals with the aftermath of what he did, then we will get into the present tense :). Anyway, if you like my story, then please add it to your library, or star the chapter. Constructive criticism and compliments are greatly accepted. Hate and rude comments will be reported and/or deleted. Also, one last thing. I'm thinking of doing a mash up (probs of the TMI series and the PJO/HOO series) so tell me what you think of that idea. Thank you so much for reading and hopefully supporting my story! Bye :D!!!!

P.S. the next update will probably be tomorrow or tuesday, depending on how much homework I have

~ holding_on_to _hope