Chapter 9- Plans

Jace's POV

The last thing I had expected was for Izzy to open the door. I had expected one of clary's new friends like that Ro girl or that one Carter dude. Instead, I found my sister opening the door, Juliet drinking a juice box in her arms and looking at me curiously. Half of me wanted to simply walk in and just start to get to know my kids. The other half wanted to bolt down the street as if  I was being chased by a duck. The issue with those two options were
1.) Izzy was blocking the doorway and  I  have learned the hard way that pushing down Izzy is a BAD idea (I  don't wanna talk about it) and
2.) My whole body had pretty much frozen seeing Jewel
I'm not even sure I could run if I saw a duck at this point, So I  just stood there like an idiot till Izzy said "Clary isn't here Jace" and started closing the door. At this point,  I unfroze, sticking my foot in the door to stop it from closing and said "I  know.  I... I'm here to see my... Er... The kids"
At that, Izzy slowly opened the door, her dark eyes meeting mine with with a suspicious, closed off glare. Izzy held that glare for a good minute. She then set Jewel down, telling her to go find Simon, then turned to me and said "Why?"
"BECAUSE THEY'RE MY CHILDREN IZ!"  I  exploded.  I  then caught myself and in a much quieter tone said  "Come on Iz. I literally just found out I'm a father. I've missed so much of my children's lives already.  I  just want to properly meet them, talk to them, get to know them. I'm their father, and  I  want to be in their lives. Please just let me, even just for half an hour.  I  just want to see them for a little while"  I  practically begged her.

Izzy looked less guarded, and much more of a mix between unsure and sympathetic as she said "Sorry Jace, but Clary isn't here, and though I do somewhat agree that you should see the kids,  I don't think she'd be cool with me letting you in the house while she isn't here"

Just as Izzy finished, another girl came around the corner. I assume she must be one of Clary's friends. Lena I assume from the way Clary described her friends. This girl was obviously a shadowhunter, made obvious by the runes decorating her pale skin like black ink on paper. She was pretty, but not my type (though since I had meet Clary, "Clary" had been my only type). She was texting someone when she came around the corner saying "Hey Isabelle who's at the door?" Then she looked up and say me.  I  can only assume Clary showed Lena a picture of me or drew a picture because she seemed to recognize me.

You could see a few emotions flash in her eyes before she smiled sweetly and said "Oh, you must be Jace. You should come in. I've wanted to meet you for awhile now." The casual/pleasant tone of her voice made me want to decline her invitation in because it seemed like an odd tone to use under these particular circumstances, but at the same time I  really wanted to meet my kids and  I was also quite curious about Clary's new friends. Just as  I  was about to walk in, Izzy chimed in and said "Um, Lena, I'm not how good of an idea that is.  I feel like Clary will be pretty mad if we let him in while she isn't here."
Lena just shook her head and said "Oh nonsense. And if she is mad, I'll take full blame. She knows how curious I can be so i'll just say I wanted to meet Jace. Even if she is mad, she won't be for long." And with that she motioned me in and I followed her to the living room, Izzy right behind.

In the living room, Simon was listening to Juliet and Calder explain their video game called Disney infinity, which seemed to consist of little figurines that they put on a electronic plate which somehow made the characters appear on TV for them to play with. Izzy went over by Simon and the kids as Juliet showed them how her Rapunzel figurine could beat people up with a frying pan. Lena walked into the kitchen and I followed her, not completely sure what  I should do.

Once I was in the kitchen,  I sat down at the table across from where Lena had already sat. She then said "So... You are the infamous Jace, huh? Well, first off let me just say that you are a serious douche for breaking Danny's...  I  mean Clary's heart like that.  I  mean honestly, cheating? And while she was pregnant? C'mon man." At this I wasn't sure whether to be defensive or ashamed, so I did a bit of both, balling up my fists, but also avoiding eye contact and simply looking down at the table.
"Second," Lena started "and this'll probably sound bitchy or whatever, but thank you. Clary is an amazing shadowhunter and one of the best friends I  have ever had so I owe you a thanks."  I was starting to like this girl less and less by the minute.
"And third," she started "I  think you and Clary should get back together." At this,  I whipped my head up to meet her gaze, expecting her eyes to be filled with sarcasm or cruelty, but all  I  saw was sincerity and a bit of concern.

"But...  I  mean... Like... Why would you want that?"  I  asked

"Well jeez, if you don't want my help or something, that's fine. I'll just stay out of it  I  guess" she responded

"No, no,  I  mean....  I  do want your help, but why do you want to help me?"

"I want to help you because whether or not she knows it, Dan... Er... Clary is still in love with you. She hasn't stayed with anyone over a month and a half since you before Hadan, and whenever you're brought up in conversation she is so full of emotion. Much more emotion that someone who is over you would be. She still thinks about you, and draws you so often. I'm the only one of our friends who know, but she dreams of you sometimes. She dreams of you and her and the kids all together. It's usually doing simple stuff like having a picnic in the park, or watching movies at home, but in those dreams, you two are a couple, and she's happy. Now  I  could be wrong, but that hardly sounds like someone who is over their ex. I'm going to help you because I care about Danny or Clary or whatever name she wants to go by, but no matter what, she's one of my closest friends. I think you are what's best for her, that is, as long as you don't cheat on her again."

As she said that, I could feel my eyes widen to the point where they probably were about to pop out of my head "Um.... Of course... Or  I  mean.... Of course not, er....  I  won't cheat on her again is what  I  mean.

"Okay then, let's start with some kind of plan" Lena said, leaning forward slightly with her hands folded like she was striking a business deal.

A/N: hey everyone, sorry it's been so long since I updated (again). School has been stressful beyond belief, plus I just haven't felt much inspiration lately. I had meant to update Wednesday, but got super sick (sick over Christmas. Fun, right?). Anyways I hope you all like the chapter and I hope to update sooner than it took this time, but I don't want to promise anything just in case. Okay everyone, bye, love you all.   :*   :)