Chapter 10- Sleep Over

A/N: Hey Everyone! Thank you all for being so patient and understanding about updates.  I  know it's been forever, but  I  finally finished this chapter.  I  hope you all like it! Also,  i 've gone back and made some edits to the story. Nothing major, but if you want to know what all changed, then go back and re-read the story. Anyways, hope you lik this chapter. Thank you for reading and for all the support. Love y'all :D

~holding_on_to_hope

Clary's POV

When  I  got home, everything seemed perfectly normal. The house was quite aside from a bit of laughter coming from the living room.  I  walked in to see Lena, Izzy, and Simon all laughing and talking. The kids weren't around and it was 11 at night, so  I  assumed that they had gone to sleep without any issues.

"Hey guys"  I  said, walking further into the living room and sitting in the chair across from Lena. Izzy and Simon shared a somewhat worried, knowing glance, but Lena seemed perfectly casual so  I  ignored it.

"Hey Danny...er, um.... Clary... er,um, what do  I  call you now?"

"Whatever you feel comfortable calling me, though  I  was planing on going by Clary again  I  suppose. I mean, there really isn't a reason to go by Danny any more, is there?"  I  replied, somewhat surprised at the question

"Well I'm not sure just yet, but  I  think I'm going to call you both for now and slowly work into calling you Clary then, though it might not be an easy habit to break" Lena said, laughing a bit at the end of her sentence.

"Yeah  I  suppose not."  I said, chuckling a little too.

"Oh and one more thing." Lena started "Your ex, Jace, he came over he hung out for awhile, got to know the kids a bit. Pretty nice guy, I  can see why you liked him."

"Wait, what?"  I  asked expecting some kind of "just kidding" or "psych" to come out of one of their mouths. When it didn't come,  I  got pissed.  I  mean, how could they let my ex come into my house, play with my children, and all while I'm not even home! Without my knowledge!  I  started ranting, but before I could get far,  I  was stopped by Lena.  I  glared daggers at her as she explained that Jace had stopped by, and though Izzy and Simon had insisted it was a bad idea to let him in, Lena was curious about this boy whom she'd heard so much about and felt as though she NEEDED to meet him. She let him in, talked to him, and allowed him to meet and play with the children for awhile. She also pointed out how it was good that my kids meet Jace now so they don't wonder about part of who they are once they are older, and meeting him when they're older would be awkward and complicated. On one hand I knew she was right, but I was still upset, especially since I didn't eve get to be there when they meet him. Lena could tell how I felt and so she excused herself, claiming she was needed back at the institute, and with that she walked out of the house. I walked over to the nearest chair and sank into it, rubbing my temples and mumbling to myself about how everything was so complicated while Iz and Simon just sat there watching me with nearly Identical expressions of worry.

    After a moment of that, Izzy reached over, putting a hand on my knee and asking if I wanted them to leave. Though I considered that option for a brief moment, I decided against it since I really had missed them and felt as though we had to make up for lost time together.  I  made coffee for Simon and I and chamomile tea for Izzy since she was pregnant and therefore, not supposed to have caffeine. We then sat and started talking. We talked about everything from our families, to recent missions we've been on, to reminiscing about the past.  We talked about our kids a lot, deciding that we had to get our families together soon. We stayed up talking from about 10:30 till 2:00am, when Izzy said that she was to tired to stay up another minute since she was pregnant.