Chapter 8- Confrontation

Clary's pov:

I have a date with Hadan tonight, and after what just happened with Jace, I don't want to go, but know I should. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to Hadan, or if I even should. He really cares about me. and I really care about him, but our relationship is still pretty new, only 4 months, and i'm not sure it's ready for the "ex love of my life who is also the father of my children" showing up and proclaiming his love for me. On the other hand, if I don't tell him, it could seem like i'm hiding something, which would be pretty suspicious. I'm so confused. Just then I hear a knock on the door. I answer it, expecting Lena, who is babysitting for me tonight, but instead find Izzy.

"Hey Clary, mind if I come in?" She asks, smiling a little in the way she does when she is trying to cover up how nervous she is. It's the same smile she wore when I was helping her get ready for her 1st date with Simon after he started to remember us. 9 years ago. It was also the smile she wore while I was helping her get ready for a date after she found an engagement ring in Simon's room, along with a proposal speech he had written. Another time I remember her smiling like that was when she and I went to a roller coaster park together and I convinced her to go on the biggest, fastest ride there. It was a small shy smile that people who didn't know her could mistake as a little grin, but those who knew her would see the fear and mild panic it hid.

"Yeah, of course Izzy. I'm just getting ready for a date I have tonight." I said, motioning for her to come in. She smiled and signed, less nervous, yet still a slight bit timid. She walked in and I shut the door behind her, then motioned for her to follow me. Neither of us said anything, yet the silence wasn't awkward. It was almost like when I left, the pause button was hit on our friendship, and now the play button was pressed and we were picking up right where we left off. After I checked on Juliet and Cal, Izzy and I walked into my room.  I sat on the edge of my bed and she sat on the stool that was in front of my vanity.

"So what's up Iz?"  I ask, getting up to go over to my closet and pick out what to wear on my date.

"Oh, it's nothing important if you're busy. It's just, we haven't seen each other in a while and we talked when the others were around, but, I've missed you a lot and wanted to talk to you in private. Also, I needed to make sure you still want to be friends." She said hesitantly as if she was picking every word with care. Once the last sentence leaves her mouth, I turned around so fast I nearly got whiplash, and look at her as if she just asked me the stupidest question in the world.

"Of course we're still friends Iz, why would you think we wouldn't be?"  I ask.

"Well... I  mean... you left Clary. For a super long time. You were gone for almost 7 freakin years. We have missed quite a bit, plus you never even sent me a letter. I just don't really know who you are today because you have changed, and you don't know who  I  am because  I  have changed, but the one thing that hasn't changed is you're like my sister and if you still want to be my best friend,  I  still really want to be yours" Izzy poured out, hardly taking a breath the whole time. She was trying to hide it but  I  could see tears welling in her eyes.

"By the angel, Izzy! Of course I still want to be your best friend. Don't be stupid!"  I  say as I pull her into a hug.

She laughs a little then says "Thank the angel! I  finally have my sister back! Now, you said you have a date? Lets get you looking smokin' for the lucky guy." Causing us to both laugh as we got up and walked over to my closet.

............Time jump to just before Clary's date..............

Izzy had wanted to babysit during my date, and I agreed, but I was still having Lena come over because the kids know Lena and are comfortable with her. Also because if Izzy has any issues, Lena will know how to handle them since she has watched the kids since they were born.