Part 5

ALEX POV (continued)

"What the fuck was that? How did she do that? She- she poofed! She poofed like you guys do! And then-"

"Can someone tell her to zip it?"

Julie looks at me, more confused than she was before (if thats even possible).

"But how-"

"Look, Julie, Ari is Alex's sister." Reggie says, stepping forward.

"Yeah." Luke adds. "She's only year younger than us, so she must've died couple months after we did."

"If she's a ghost like you guys, then why can everyone see her?"

"Why can everyone see us?" I ask her, maybe a little too harshly.

"I don't know-"

"Exactly." I snap at her. Julie looks taken aback, but she doesn't say anything.

"Bro, calm down. I get it. You're pissed. We all are. We just gotta go find her." What do you know. Reggie said something smart.

"Then where is she, Reg? Where's my sister." I argue, whispering the last part.

"Where she always used to go when she was upset."Luke says grabbing mine and Reggie's shoulders.

"Hey Julie! Dinner's ready!" We all hear Carlos call from inside.

Luke looks at Julie. "You should go. We'll be back soon."

ARI POV

I've always found the beach so peaceful. The one where I'm at now is where we played our very first gig as a band, up on the pier.

Walking along the sand, my shoes in one hand, I look up at the setting sun.

I pass a group of kids playing with a beach ball, people with earphones in running along with their dogs, teenagers splashing around in the shallows.

It's just... calm.

Having reached the pier, I duck under one of the supporting beams and sit down on the sand, hugging me knees to my chest. From where I'm sat, no one else on the beach can see me, and I have a perfect view of the darkening sky.

I hear a poof behind me.

"Go. Away." I say, already knowing who it is.

I hear the guys whispering to each other, but one voice was louder than the others.

"Just go, I've got this."

After another poof, Luke comes over.

"Unfortunately for you, I'm not leaving until you tell me whats wrong. And don't even think about lying to me." He says, sitting down next to me on the sand.

After a couple minutes, I break the silence. No point keeping it in. Besides, its only Luke.

And he's one of my best friends.

"I'm not fine." I say, resting my head on his shoulder. He looks down at me. "I know I said I am, but I'm not."

Wrapping an arm around me, Luke pulls me into his chest.

I can't help the faint burning in my cheeks as I bury my face into his hoodie.

He still smells the same as he did 25 years ago.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

If I'd had water in my mouth right then, I probably would've choked on it. "What was that?"

Luke clears his throat, stumbling over his words a bit ."Uh, I said it's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess it is." Huh. I must've heard him wrong the first time.

I scoot away from him a little bit, looking up at the now black sky.

Nudging him with my elbow, I point up to a white streak.

"Shooting star. Make a wish."

He chuckles at me, before speaking. "I wish-"

"No! You can't say it out loud!" I shout at him, wide-eyed. "It won't come true."

Luke laughs even harder, falling back on the sand.

I lie back with him. "Stop laughing at me."

"I'm sorry. It's just, you act like such a little kid." I smack his arm with the back of my hand and- woah. There's no way that's real- I swear to god if this little hoe of a voice in my head doesn't shut up...

"No wonder you and Reg get on so well." he jokes.

"That's it, I'm leaving." I say, standing up, brushing the sand off my legs.

He gets up too. "Not without me you aren't."

Grabbing my hand, Luke poofs us both back to the studio.

A/N

I can't believe we're at 2k reads!!! I know everyone says this, but I really didn't think this book would do that well.

Thank you all so much!!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Anyways, y'all know the drill. Stay away from hotdogs, and you'll be good.

Peace ✌🏼