Part 24

No.

No.

That is NOT my colour.

When did I even get this?

No.

Oh my god, this looks like something I would've worn when I was 8.

Why does this top have two pieces, that's so weird- oh wait, that bit's kinda cute.

Ew, I think Julie's aunt got me that...

No, not that.

"Fucking hell..."

I can't find a single thing to wear. I have these black cargo pants, but I'm stuck on the top.

I keep digging through the overflowing drawers of clothes, trying to find something that catches my eye. I come across a cropped black cami. You know what, this could work.

I pull on the pants and top, before checking the mirror.

It still needs something... a jacket. A big, oversized jacket will fix everything.

After pulling half my hair up into two space buns and lacing my boots, I grab my phone and head across to Julie's room.

I walk in to find her standing there in a pretty blue dress, holding one of her mom's black vests.

"She'd want you to wear it."

She turns around to me, giving a small smile, before putting the jacket on.

"Damn, you look hot." She says, looking me up and down.

"I always do." I reply, rolling my eyes. "You look just like your mom."

"Thanks." She says, looking herself over in the mirror. After a short silence, Julie moves over to the window. "So, how are we getting out of here?"

I follow her, trying to find a way down. Luckily, it's just like me bedroom window, and we all know that I have some experience in sneaking out.

I climb down the side of the house, holding on to a small tree for balance, before reaching the bottom and looking back up at Julie. "Just do what I did."

She stood there, jaw dropped. "Sure. Just do what you did. Cause that doesn't seem too hard at all."

After spending at least five minutes trying to get Julie down to the ground, I just kinda poofed up and pushed her...

She was already halfway down anyways, it wasn't a big drop.

She's fine.

We start walking down the street, making our way to Eats&Beats café.

Julie pulls her phone out to check the time, and starts running. "Hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

"Just in case you've forgotten, I'm a ghost." She looks at me in a way as if to say 'So?'.

"I don't have to be here running with you."

"Well just speed it up a little. Let's go!" Then she starts running again.

I poof to the end of the road and wait for her to reach me.

"Did you hear about what happened to Carrie in science the other-" I begin to say as she runs straight past me. "Rude."

Eventually, we make it to the café, to find Flynn inside.

"Are we too late?" Julie asks her ask we enter.

"Too early." Flynn replies.

We watch as Carrie and her group of rainbow, braindead zombies take the stage.

"Dirty Candy? How'd she get on the list?" I ask

"Her daddy probably made a call." Flynn says as she crosses her arms.

I spot the guys sitting over on a counter with Dani and Kenley, so I make my way over.

"I didn't know you guys were coming tonight." I point out as I join them all.

"What do you mean? We were always gonna come."

"Oh no, not you Reg." I say, giving him a small smile.

We sit there for a few seconds, until I realise something. "Wait, where's Alex?"

We all look around before noticing him onstage, dancing with Carrie and her goons.

Why am I not surprised?

"What's he doing?" Julie asks as she comes over to where we were.

I cross my arms over my chest, noticing Luke do the same thing right after. "I have no idea."

"What's who doing?"

Oh, I forgot about Flynn. "Don't worry about it."

After a little while, he comes and joins us next to the counter. "You having fun out there?"

"It's not my fault, it's my, um... It's my feet." He says unsurely. "Yeah."

We all look at him at him, raised eyebrows, before he speaks again. "Put me back in coach."

He then reappears dancing next to Carrie.

When the song ends, he comes back over to us. "I was just... I was just doing that for you guys."

"Yeah, you can stop smiling now."

"I'm not gonna lie, that was kinda good." Flynn says from where she stands next to Julie.

I'm sorry, what?

"Yeah, I forgot why I hate her so much." Julie agrees.

Girl... you good? Did you hit your head when I pushed you out that window or something?

Well speak of the devil in pink. "Hi girls. Um, isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Now I remember." Flynn mutters under her breath.

Carrie takes a breath, before turning to Julie. "If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come."

"That's not why I'm here." She replies.

As if on cue, the announcer guy calls us out. Saving the best 'til last, I'm sure. "Okay, it looks like we're closing the night with one more group. 'Julie and the Phat Ones'."

"Really."

Luke makes a face. "Yeah man, my handwriting sucks."

We all make our way to the stage, the boys setting up their instruments as I sling my gitar strap across my shoulder and Julie takes her microphone. "Hi. It's actually 'Julie and the Phantoms'."

Nothing. Tough crowd.

"Okay..."

A/N

The next part will be in Ari's pov, like normal, but then it will be the same thing from Luke's pov.

I hope that made sense...