Part 25

(Julie, Ari, Luke, All)

"Hearts on fire, we're no liars. So we say what we wanna say. I'm awakened. No more faking. So we push all our fears away."

"Don't know if I'll make it 'cause I'm falling under. Close my eyes, and feel my chest beating like thunder."

"I wanna fly. Come alive. Watch me shine"

"I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see, And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now 'til eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long, and now we're finally free"

"We're all bright now. what a sight now. Coming out like we're fireworks. Marching on proud, turn it up loud. 'Cause now we know what we're worth."

We know we can make it we're not falling under
Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder

"I wanna fly. Come alive. Watch me shine."

"I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now 'til eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long, and now we're finally free."

"I got a spark in me."
"And you're a part of me."
"Now 'til eternity."
"Been so long, and now we're finally free."

"I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now 'til eternity. Hands up if you believe. Been so long, and now we're finally free."

"Finally free. Yeah."

Ari POV

Julie and I sing through the first part of the song, watching the crowd's eyes go wide when the guys appear.

The whole song seems to be going smoothly, Dani and not so much Kenley cheering the loudest by far. That is until we get to the bridge.

It's just like that time in school, when Julie was trying to get back into music class.

They're standing there, Julie moving her microphone between the two of them as Luke echoes her lines. The knot in my stomach tightens as my knuckles go white from my grip on the neck of my guitar. I focus on the chords I'm meant to be playing, trying to keep a straight face. I feel Reg coming up next to me, clearly noticing the difference.

Julie makes eye contact with me and gives a small nod. She doesn't mean... She nods again. She wants me to take the high note.

As they finish up the bridge, I move closer to my microphone stand, preparing to take the note.

I hit it with ease, earning a series of cheers from the crowd.

We move onto the last chorus, ending the song with a bow. The boys 'disappear', which only causes more applause.

As we head back over to where Flynn, Dani, and Kenley have kept our spot at the bench, I feel a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me outside.

Luke's POV

I'm just now realising as I sing the bridge with Julie how genuinely beautiful she is. She's nice to everyone, and she's insanely talented. I mean, You'd have to be crazy to not have at least a small crush on her.

Thing is, she's not Ari.

Ari's... perfect.

I know, it sounds cheesy and cliché, but she is to me. Alex already told me that she's off limits, but I don't know. Something about her is just so... I really have no clue how to describe it.

The sound of her voice- did I mention that her voice is incredible? I could listen to her sing for hours on end and never be bored of it.

Anyway, the sound of her voice draws me back to reality. This reality. The reality where it would never work out, as heartbreaking as that is.

Ari sings the highest note in the song, right before we kick back into the last chorus. The note that... that Julie was meant to sing.

Why would she take Julie's part? Did they have a fight or something? No, we would've known.

Could she be jealous? A small part of me gets kind of excited, in a way. Ari could be jealous. But that would mean she'd have to like me, and what would someone like her see in someone like me. A pathetic high school dropout who ran away from home just because he didn't get along with his mom sometimes.

Before I know it, the songs over and we're all headed back to where we'd been sitting before.

Come on Luke, get your shit together.

I need to figure this out. I mean, it's now or never I guess.

Without thinking, I grab Ari and bring her out the front door.

A/N

Welp, here comes the drama for your llama...

I know I've been really slow with the updates, but we're getting through.
Just over half way I think.

Anyways, I really do hope you've liked the book so far :)

peace ✌️