Part 26

The cold air hits me as we leave the café.

"Luke!"

No answer. Instead, he pulls me down the side of the building, out of sight.

"What's up with you?"

He finally stops and turns to look at me. "Are you jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous?"

"Because you're acting weird."

"No I'm not."

"You took Julie's part!"

So that's what this is about. "She let me sing that bit."

I can tell from the look on his face that he doesn't believe me. "Maybe you would've noticed if you hadn't been so caught up in staring at her."

"What? No, that was nothing." He pauses, before asking "Why do you care?"

This isn't gonna end well.

Why do I care? It's a good question. And I don't really have the answer. Maybe I kinda like him, but it's always just been this stupid little crush. Nothing else.

But then why did it hurt when he was singing with Julie? God, this is all so confusing.

"I'm not doing this right now."

"What?" He questions.

"Look, it's nothing."

"Riri.."

"You know what, let's just forget this whole thing ever happened, yeah?" I say, trying to end to conversation.

"No! Because I-"

"Just drop it!"

"Why won't you listen to me?!" He argues back.

"Shut up! Just... Shut up!" I shout at him, before turning to leave.

He grabs onto my arm, pulling me back. "Ari!"

I get a look at his face and he's mad. I can't exactly tell what he's mad at, but I think it might be me, and that's terrifying. His grip on my arm only tightens as I struggle to get free. "Let go of me."

Luke's POV

She looks scared. But not just scared in general, scared of me.

I quickly pull my hand back and look down at my feet, but not before I catch a glimpse of the red marks around her arm.

What have I done...

A voice, Julie's dad, calls out to us. "Ariana. We're leaving."

She wipes away the few tears that had built up before rushing over to Ray's car and getting in the backseat.

I watch as the car drives off in the direction of Julie's place.

"Ari's other friends left." Reggie says from behind me.

I turn around, seeing Alex just behind him.

"Dude... What happened?" Alex asks, given that I probably look broken.

"I fucked up." I say in a choked whisper. "That's what happened."

A/N

HAPPY 1D DAY!!!!! 💙💚🇨🇮💛❤️

I know this isn't a super long part and it took me forever to upload, but I really struggled to write this. Writer's block 🙄

Anyways, I hope everyone has an amazing day and stay safe!!

Peace, love, and plants✌️