Part 18

I stand there in the Wilson's driveway watching Julie and Flynn climb over the fence. This is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. Well, other than that one time Reggie fell out of a tree and landed on Luke. That was pretty good.

Julie and Flynn jump to they ground, brushing off their hands.

This seems like a slow clap moment. Does this seem like a slow clap moment to you? I think it does. I'mma slow clap them.

They both turn around to me, rolling their eyes. "You couldn't possibly have helped us?"

"I'm a ghost. What do you expect me to do?" I reply moving towards the front door. I wave at them as I walk backward, disappearing through the door.

First thing I hear is the laughing coming from upstairs.

Found 'em.

I walk up the glass stairs, turning a corner to face the guys when I get to the top. Alex is holding a door closing, and I'm gonna assume it's Bobby on the other side. Luke and Reggie are standing back a bit, egging him on. I come up behind them and slap them both on the back of the head before moving to pull Alex away from the door.

"Hey! What was that for?" Reggie asks, rubbing his head.

A very scared looking Bobby comes bursting through the door. "I'm sorry! Don't do this again!" He calls, running downstairs and outside.

Luke grabs my arm and the four of us poof to the backyard. We watch as his helicopter flies overhead.

Huh. He's gotten his face painted back on. I can't believe he managed to get rid of the... actually, nevermind. Just don't ask.

I turn back around to face the guys and what a surprise. They're mooning him. I swear to god, these boys are 5 years old.

"That is fucking disgusting." I mumble, covering my eyes.

"Oh, come on. It's not like you don't like the view." Luke says with a smirk.

"Ah, ah, ah. Nope. Not happening. Sis-ter."

"So, did you guys have fun in there?" Julie says as she walks outside.

I move next to her. "No. And how'd you get away from she-devil?"

She shrugs in response as Luke comes forward. "OK, you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs."

"But you have new songs. With me. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs."

"And tours. I know." Luke admits.

"I'll see you guys at the school. We go on at 9:00. Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there."

"We got it, all right? Don't worry."

Julie grabs my arm and pulls me back inside. Wait- grabs my arm... shit.

"Um, when did you get here? And how did you get in?" Carrie asks from where she sits on the couch with Flynn and Nick.

"Climbed over the back fence. Obviously." I must have accidently 'un-ghosted' at some point.

Julie interrupts before Carrie can ask anything else. "It doesn't matter, we're leaving now anyways."

Flynn jumps up and we all rush out the front door and back over the fence to where my car is sitting on the side of the road.

"Okay, who drove illegally."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we get back to Julie's place after dropping Flynn off at her house, we both head upstairs to her room.

"Okay, I know this is a huge, big, massive deal to you, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it tonight." I say to her as she digs through the chest at the foot of her bed for something to wear.

"You know what? It's fine I'll have the guys. And Flynn." She says standing up to look at me.

I pull her into a hug. "If you need anything at all you call me, and I will be there. Like, 'drop-everything-and-poof' be there."

"I'll keep that in mind." She laughs.

Pulling away from the hug, I bend down to grab something from the trunk. "You should wear this." I say, handing her the tie-die mesh shirt.

"Sweet." She says holding it up to get a better look. "See you later I guess."

I wave at her before poofing off to the club. Me and my girls have a show to put on tonight.