Part 16

Reggie's the first to reply when Julie and I break the news. "We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" He says, scanning Flynn's poster.

"It's not exactly the strip." Luke mumbles under his breath.

"And you're not exactly alive, so you should be happy we have our first gig." Damn. I have more of an influence on people than I thought...

Julie rolls her eyes at them. "I wasn't in love with the idea at first either-"

"Understatement" I interrupt. What? You can't tell me she didn't full on freak out.

"But it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" She continues.

"Yeah. Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can." Reggie says.

"No, you're right." Luke says, leaning on the piano. "Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs."

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie adds.

Luke looks at her funny before going on. "I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour."

"Then we release a bunch of hit albums." Okay, this is going a bit fast. I can't keep up.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." Reggie exclaims. "I shred on the banjo, so..."

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle." Julie laughs.

"And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame." Luke adds, grinning.

"But one of us isn't there." Reggie gasps. "Because we had a blowout in 2032. My moneys on Alex. He's just so sensitive." Reggie adds on. "Sorry Ari."

I look up from where I'm laying a cross the back of the couch. "Huh?"

"We all on the same page?" Luke asks.

"Page? I'm not even in the same library."

"I'm not surprised." Julie says, laughing at my remark.

Luke rolls his eyes. "What are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!"

"Uh... where is Alex?" Julie asks, looking around.

A/N

aight, so i know i've been kinda M.I.A these last 2 weeks, but i promise there's a good reason.

you see, i was abducted by aliens and i've only just managed to fight them off and steal one of their ufos to fly back here to earth and get this next part written for y'all.

uh huh. yep. that's totally it.

but for real tho, i have so many assignments due. it's actually insane.

also, you may have noticed that this chapter is pretty short, but i'm making up for it with a double update so ur welcome.

peace ✌🏼