Chapter 1

I have a bunch of comments saying I stole this story. That's absolutely not true!! Do not click on any of the links!!! I deleted most of the comments
___________________________________

Archie sighs. His head rests on his hands and his eyes wander from the clock on the wall to the picture of his four year old twins on his desk back to the clock on the wall.
It's 8 pm. He's tired and he wants to go home to his kids but there are still some things he has to do.
He's an attorney. Some days he's home early but when he works on a case he works a lot and long. He wants to spend more time with his kids but he can't.
At the moment he works on a really important case so he's basically never home.

Sometimes he wishes he would have a wife at home waiting for him. Someone he could kiss and cuddle with. He wishes he could have a family dinner and watch tv with her after they tucked in the kids but he doesn't have that, not anymore. He's a single father. He usually orders food and eats at work while his kids have dinner with his parents. Sometimes when he doesn't have to work super late he picks up the twins form kindergarten. They are always the last.
He tries his best to be a good dad but being a working single father of twins is really hard.

•••

It's past 9 o'clock when he knocks on the door of his parents' house.

His mom opens with a smile on her face.

"Hey honey"

"Hi mom, sorry I know it's late"

"It's alright Archie, come in, come in"

"Is dad home too?" he asks as he hugs his mom and kisses her cheek.

"No, he is out with friends today. He was really upset he couldn't spend some time with the kids though"

"If you want we can come over next weekend for lunch or dinner"

"Sounds great" Mary smiles.

"Then we will do that. So, where are my babies?" he asks.

"They are already asleep honey. I lay them down on the couch"

Archie sighs "I'm such a horrible father. I barely spend time with them"

"You're an amazing father love. Yes you're busy but everything you do, you do for them"

"I'd rather have a lot less money and more time with my kids but it's not possible. I thought about hiring a nanny. This won't give me more time with them but at least they are home then and they have one person then can focus on. What do you think?"

"It's a great idea Arch but tell the kids and I want to help you choose"

"Okay" he chuckles "can I see my kids now?"

Mary smiles. She steps aside and let's her son walk into the living room.

Archie sighs when he sees his kids cuddled up on his mom's couch. Ella holds a teddy bear in her arms and Ben is snuggled into his sister's side. He places his hands next to their heads and leans down so he can kiss their foreheads. "I'm sorry my little angels. Daddy loves you"

Ella shifts. Her eyes slowly flutter open. As soon as she recognizes her father a smiles grows on her face. She reaches her arms out to him. Her little fingers brush over his face in the process. "Daddy"

"Hi my sweet little girl. It's late, close your eyes again. Daddy is here now"

"Up" she whispers.

Archie carefully takes the little girl into his arms. He kisses the side of her head and holds her close. Almost immediately Ella falls back asleep in her father's arms.

"Mom" he says quietly and turns around to her. "Can you carry Ben to the car please?"

"Sure Archie" Mary picks up the teddy which Ella let fall to the floor and hands it to Archie before she picks up Ben and follows her son outside to the car.

•••

Archie falls into his bed exhausted when he suddenly hears a pair of little feet walk towards him.
"Daddy?" Ella sniffs. "Can I sleep here tonight?"

"Sweetheart I just tucked you in" he chuckles "You know I love you so so much but you're four years old. You're a big girl. You can sleep in your own bed"

"But I had a nightmare daddy. I'm scared"

Archie sighs. He pats the spot next to him and smiles at the little girl. "Come here"

Ella runs over to him and climbs on the bed quickly. She lies her head down on his chest. Her little hands cling on to his shirt.

"Do you want to tell me what happened in your nightmare?"

The little girl shakes her head and holds on even tighter to him. Archie wraps his arms around her body and softly kisses her head. "I'm here honey. It's okay"

"I missed you daddy" Ella whispers.

"I missed you too princess. I'm sorry I'm so busy. I promise I'll try to spend more time with you and Benny but right now I just have so much to do"
Archie whispers but Ella is already back asleep. Her grip on his shirt is loose now. He can hear her breath in and out quietly. He can feel a little spot of his shirt on his chest getting damped. He looks down to his daughter and chuckles. She's drooling. He doesn't mind at all though. He places one last soft, loving kiss on top of her head before he closes his eyes and falls asleep with his precious little girl in his arms.

___________________________________

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my new book ❤️✨

I know it was short but the next chapters will be longer and better 😂💕