Chapter 14

When Veronica wakes up in the morning, she still feels nauseous and tired. Her lower back hurts. Archie is home today but she wants to work and spend the day with the kids. She needs distraction. She sits up slowly and rubs her eyes. "Okay V, you got this" she mumbles to herself. She gets up and walks to her bathroom to get ready for the day. Her hands are on her stomach. When she stands in front of the mirror she turns sideways and pulls up her top. Her fingers slowly trace over her lower stomach.

"You're still very tiny huh? I can't even see you're in there yet" she giggles. "You're daddy doesn't know about you. I don't know how he will react but worse case scenario, it's just you and me. We can be happy alone, not that I want that but maybe we don't have a choice.

Veronica light taps her lower stomach before she pulls her top back down and ties her hair in a bun.  She washes her face and then goes to the living room in her pjs where the kids already run around.

"Morning Ronnie" Ella giggles as she runs behind her. She places her little hands on her back and looks at her brother. "You can't catch me!"

"Yes I can" he says. "Don't hide behind Ronnie though. That's unfair"

"No it's not" she giggles.

"Could you two leave Ronnie out of your little game? She didn't even have breakfast yet" Archie chuckles. He picks up Benny and holds him up side down. "Daddy no!" the little boy squeals "let me down!"

Archie smirks and carefully lies Ben down on the floor.

"Hungry?" he asks smiling at Veronica.

"Mhm"

He reaches his hand out to her. She takes it with a grin on her face.

"I know you like avocado toast so that's what I made you plus some tomatoes and scrambled eggs"

"Yummy" Veronica giggles and sits down at the table.

"Coffee?"

"Uhm no not today. Thank you though" Veronica says. She places her hand on her stomach for a second but removes it when Archie places the plate in front of her. "Enjoy. Take your time. I'll entertain the kids"

"It looks delicious. Thank you Archie, that's really sweet"

"Anything for you" he smirks.

Veronica rolls her eyes. Her cheeks blush but she looks down on her plate so he can't see it.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah" Veronica lies "I'm good. Thank you"

"Great. If you need anything, I'm outside with the kids"

"Thank you Archie, really"

Archie smiles. As he walks away from the table he yells "Everyone who's almost 5 or 26 into the backyard!"

Veronica giggles before she take a bite of her toast. It's really delicious. She looks outside the big window and watches Archie run around with the kids. She places her hand on her stomach and runs little circles. "Your daddy is really sweet. He made us toast. I love avocados so you do too now. We will have a lot of Avocado toast the next few months especially when your daddy makes them because this is probably the best Avocado toast I've ever had, very yummy"

•••

After she finished her breakfast she puts on a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt. She knows she's not showing yet but she doesn't want to risk anything. Plus she feels more comfortable like this.

She walks outside to the others and sits down in the grass.

"Ronnie!" Ella giggles. She runs towards her with a big smile on her face. She just got out of the pool so the water is dripping down her body. Ella wraps her arms around Veronica with such an energy that the raven haired woman falls backwards. Ella lies half on top of her.