3 | favor

V A U G H N

I first realized that I wanted Claire Hill in my bed when she made me steal a kiss on her eighteenth birthday. We made out under the stairs and it was a result of a drunken stupor.

We never talked about it again. I am glad she never asked because I didn't have an answer for her.

There was just the plain truth — I, Vaughn Jackson, could not control my hormones when I saw her in that sexy dress. The dress was made for her with the satin material wrapped tightly around her curves, the neckline dangerously low and displaying the creamy olive skin of her cleavage.

We were just talking but in the blink of a second, I had my lips on hers and we were kissing the life out of each other. She moaned against my lips, clutching my T-shirt in fists and I slid a hand under her hips, picking her up and pressing her against the basement door. I spoke dirty words in her ear as she rolled her hips against mine, her fingers pulling at my hair as my tongue traced hers. I could have had her that night but her brother caught us just in time.

That was four years back and as I genially follow Claire's perfect ass to her room, I am annoyed by the fact that she is still fucking sexy.

Her miniskirt falls just over her thighs and the smooth skin underneath is making my fingers itch to touch her. Like any sane person, I quietly tuck my hands into my pockets as we step into her room and she shuts the door behind us. I have been into the Hill household a thousand times but Claire's bedroom was strictly off-limits. Chris never allowed me to be within a foot's distance from his sister.

I stroll around the room, taking in the scarlet color of the walls and the queen-sized bed. The Hills spend exponentially well for people who are about to go bankrupt. Claire's room has its own chandelier and I bite my cheek to stop myself from throwing her an insult over her Dad. After four years of being treated like shit by Michael Hill, the insults just come and go like night and day.

"I need help."

I am startled by the words spoken behind me and turn to find Claire leaning against the door with her arms crossed over her chest and a glassy look in her eyes.

"Did you say something, nemesis?" I ask, not able to process that Claire just asked for my help.

Help

In her bedroom

"I said I need a favor," she says.

"I don't think those were your exact words. I liked 'help' more."

I plop myself down on her bed, the mattress sinking deep under my weight. It is too soft and for a second I visualize her in her bed, slipping a hand inside her underwear, sweat in her brows, and moans escaping her lips.

Not the right time, Jackson.

"I'm serious, Vaughn." She shrugs her shoulders and walks towards me, her long legs seductively striding to their rightful destination — aka me.

"Having trouble getting off? I can help with that." I smirk as she stands in front of me. My hands instinctively reach forward to touch her hips but she slaps them away. "Ouch!"

"Dad fixed my marriage."

Silence fills the room as my mouth pops open, all the excitement of being alone with Claire in her room disappearing into thin air, replaced by a sudden shock.

Claire's marriage?

Claire fucking Hill is getting married?

"What the hell?" I growl as I sit straight and run a hand through my hair, unable to register this new information.