58 | proposals

C L A I R E

Vaughn's office desk has three framed photos. One is of him and Chris on their graduation day with their arms around each other as they smile at the camera, their graduation caps half-sliding from their heads. I remember that picture because I was the one holding the camera.

The second one is of our family — me, him, Doris, and Rose. It was taken a month after he returned from the hospital. We wanted to have a moment to ourselves. In the picture, we are all dressed fashionably and sitting on the sofa in the hall, Doris in between me and Rose while Vaughn stands behind us as we all smile at the camera.

The third one, and the one he keeps at the front, is of him and me. It's a selfie we took while getting ready for a party. He is holding me to his side, both of us smiling at the phone in his outstretched hand. We didn't think the picture would come out that good but it did and it's Vaughn's favorite.

I trace a finger over the wooden frame holding the picture, feeling overwhelmed. I have never been to Vaughn's office before, didn't find the need to. It is my first time here today and I have to say, this place is nothing like I imagined it to be. His employees love him and they greeted me with huge grins when David guided me in, taking his time to show me around. I loved meeting all of them, not being able to believe that I was welcomed and not judged for suddenly appearing as a part of Vaughn's life. We were, after all, a little bit scandalous from the start.

I hear the knob on the door turn. I clasp my hands underneath my chin as it opens and my husband walks in. He is about to open his coat when he notices me, beautiful eyes coming to a standstill and a lopsided grin getting on his lips.

"There you are," he says, opening his coat and throwing it on one of the chairs opposite me.

He shuts the door behind him and locks it before he starts to walk toward me with his hands in his pockets.

"Here I am..." I smirk as he stops in front of me.

I am sitting in his chair with my feet above the ground. For someone who is over an above-average height, I am surely not tall enough for Vaughn. He looks down at me, the grin on his face growing as he cups my face between his hands, making me tilt my head up.

"I missed you," he murmurs as he leans down and places his lips on mine, his strong arms wrapping around my body.

Knowing that he will try to carry me and I am not okay with him doing that after his surgery, I stand up myself as we kiss.

He parts my lips with his tongue while his hands fumble for the zipper behind my back which holds my dress together. I let him have his way with my dress as I devour his mouth, tangling my tongue with his and moving my hands to his hair, gripping tight as my fingers graze his scalp. I moan when he responds with a husky intake of breath. He manages to tear through my zipper, sliding it down my dress.

I explore the rigid muscles of his chest, unbuttoning his shirt and moving it down his shoulders. He helps me get rid of it and it drops to the floor. I lay my hands flat on his chest, loving the feel of his hard ridges against my soft palms. He is so handsome. No wonder I always become a mush whenever he is nearby.

"You're so beautiful, Claire..." Vaughn groans in my ear, biting the crook of my neck and I lean my head back, relishing in his touch.

Without bothering to open my dress completely, he sneaks a rough hand up it, his skin warm against mine, and his fingers brush over the material of my underwear, pressing on my dripping slit and I moan, throwing my head on his shoulder.