Chapter Two

Chapter Two

AVERY

It was such a long day, longer for Sadie since she got a detention. I'm glad Justin's having a party tonight so we can blow off some steam. Sometimes assignments can really bring you down. I get home from school and decide to do my homework now, so I don't have to do it on the weekend. I finish it and then look at the time, seeing it's dinner time. I go to the dining table and take a seat. My Dad is already sitting at the head of the table and my Mum brings the food over to the table. I'm consumed with delicious smells.

"Mum, this smells amazing", I compliment. She is an amazing cook.

"Thank you darling". She smiles and sits down across from me. We pile our plates up with food and start eating. It's a peaceful silence until my Dad breaks it.

"Avery, got any plans for tonight?" my Dad asks as he brings his fork to his mouth.

"Yes I'm going to Justin's party", I say, knowing they won't mind. Most werewolf parents are laid back since everyone in the pack knows everyone.

After dinner I go to my room and open my closet. Sadie barges in, throws her bag on the floor and lies on my bed. My parents don't mind Sadie coming into the house without knocking.

"How was detention?" I tease, flicking through my dresses.

"Shit".

"What are you wearing to the party?" She gets up off my bed and goes over to get her bag, pulling out a tight maroon dress. "Nice. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to wear".

"Let me help".

Sadie comes over and flicks through my dresses. She pulls out a tight black dress that has lace sleeves and lace at the waist. This is one of my favourite dresses. I don't wear many dresses but once I saw this dress, I knew I had to have it.

"Okay let's get changed", I say, taking the dress out of her hands.

I start to undress and she does the same. She slips on her dress and positions it right while I put on my dress and smooth it out. Her dress sticks to her like a second skin but she looks gorgeous. She can pull off anything with her body. Both our dresses go to mid-thigh showing off a good amount of legs. We both look into the big mirror I have hanging from my wall. Since my hair is still straight from today I just leave it out. Sadie leaves her hair in her natural waves after running her fingers through it.

We do just a touch up to each other's makeup since we've already got some on. I choose a pair of low black heels so I don't have sore feet from walking in them all night. Sadie pulls out a pair of heels from her bag that matches her dress. We put them on and then we're ready to go, walking downstairs and past the living room.

"Have fun", Mum says.

"Thanks", I call, closing the door to the house.

We walk outside just as Cody's car pulls up. Sadie hops in the passenger side and I hop in the back. He starts driving to Justin's house. Along the way Sadie turns the volume up.

"Did I say you could touch my radio?" Cody teases.

"No but I did anyway". Sadie grins. Cody laughs and places his hand on her thigh.

I notice the whole ride to Justin's house he leaves his hand there and she doesn't move it either. A smile comes onto my face as I look between the two. They have to be mates. When we get to Justin's house, Cody parks his car in the garage. We always leave it in there because we always just stay the night at Justin's whenever he has a party. We usually all sleep in Justin's room. Since none of us have to drive, we go into the house and go to the kitchen to get a drink. The house isn't that crowded yet but there are people here.

An hour goes by and the party is in full swing. There are people everywhere. Some jumping in the pool, some relaxing in the spa, people in the backyard and people dancing in the living room. I walk through the house and see Cody talking to a group of girls. Sadie is standing next to me and I notice her face looks upset when she sees Cody talking to the girls. I knew she had feelings for him.

"Cody", I call out. His head spins around and he faces me. He totally ditches the group of girls and comes over to Sadie and me.

"Let's get a drink". Cody wraps his arms around Sadie and me. We head to the kitchen and each get a drink.

"Do you know where Justin is?" I ask Cody, wondering if he knows given I haven't seen him since the party started.

"He's probably having sex with some girl". Cody laughs.

"That's sounds like Justin", I say and we all laugh.

"I'm going to go dance", Sadie announces.

"I'll join you". Cody follows her like a puppy. I watch them dance as Cody puts his hands on her hips and she puts her hands on his shoulders, swaying their bodies together. They're adorable.

I go to the dance floor and dance on my own, swaying my hips to the rhythm of the music. I feel hands on my waist and they pull me to their chest. I spin around quickly seeing that it's Paul. Paul, my ex. Paul has dark brown hair with green eyes. His appearance is definitely what drew me in to date him. I take his hands off my hips and step away from him.

"What do you want Paul?" I ask, not having the time to talk to him.

"I want to talk". His eyes are serious.

"Well I don't", I say and walk away from him. I hear him calling my name but I don't turn around. I go into the kitchen to get another drink then turn around, but I bump into someone which spills my drink all over my dress

"Watch it". He steps back. I look up and see it's Trent Denver. Trent has black hair with blue eyes, a very defined figure and sharp features. His looks are what you would imagine the ultimate alpha to look like. He is also one of Paul's friends.

"You're the one who just spilt my drink on me". I scowl.

"You should have watched where you were going Avery", he lectures.

"I'm surprised you know my name with how big your head is", I spit. His eyes widen, maybe because I just insulted him. Usually I wouldn't insult the alpha but I'm pissed my dress is ruined.

"Of course I know your name. You're Paul's ex". He rolls his eyes then he walks away.

I'm surprised he didn't get angry about the insult. But still, he thinks he can do what he wants just because he's alpha. He was like this before he was alpha but when he became alpha, he became even more up himself, thinking he can get away with anything.

I go upstairs to wash the drink off me. I go into the bathroom and close the door pulling my dress over my head and turn on the sink. I run it under the sink and then grab atowel and scrub it. But I think the dress is ruined, especially at the lacy parts. The door opens making my eyes go wide. I forgot to lock the door.

***

Comment.
Vote.