Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

AVERY

After helping Trent I went home to spend the rest of the day relaxing. I messed around on my laptop for a few hours and then my mum calls me from downstairs, telling me that dinner is ready. I close my window and pull the curtains across, to prepare to sleep after dinner.

I go downstairs and have dinner with my parents. We sit in a comfortable silence, eating our food and just spending time together as a family. When we're done I load the dishwasher and then head back upstairs to have a shower. I grab my pyjamas and go into the bathroom. I strip out of my clothes and start the shower. After I wash my hair and body, I wrap towel around my body and brush my hair. I put on my blue shorts and singlet then walk back to my room. I go to get in my bed but a light breeze hits me. I look to the window and see it wide open. I'm pretty sure I shut it before. I mustn't have closed it properly.

I go over to the window and close it, making sure it's closed right this time. I pull the curtains across and turn the light off then get in bed. I close my eyes trying to go to sleep. My phone vibrates and I reach over to my bedside table and grab my phone.

'You look so cute in your blue shorts'.

It's a number I don't recognise. What it says creeps me out. My room is black. How can anyone see me with my window closed and the curtains shut? I use the torch on my phone and lean over and look under the bed. I'm holding my breath but when I see no one's there, I let out a sigh of relief. I get out of bed and go over to the window. I make sure it's closed and look out and try to see if anyone's out there. My phone vibrates again.

'I'm not out there'.

Okay, this is really creeping me out now. Who the hell is this? I text the number back.

'Who is this?'

I send the message and hear a ringtone coming from my closet. Oh my gosh. Someone is in my closet. The ringtone stops and my eyes are glued to my closet. My mind is brought back to all the horror movies I've ever watched. The one where the girl gets creepy phone calls and then it turns out the killer is in the house with her. The one where the girl gets a phone call and the killer is outside her house taunting her of which door he's at.

I'm consumed with fear. This is how I'm going to die. Someone is going to kill me in my closet.  I use my werewolf senses to sniff the area and I catch a werewolf scent. But living in a pack, scents are constantly flooding through my nose so it's near impossible to pinpoint a certain scent. Maybe it's just Justin being an ass. No, it can't be. I know his scent. I make slow steps to my closet and when I'm in front of it, I stop. My hand is shaking as I reach out and grab the doorknob. Wait, what if it's a rogue? Trent did say rogues are trying to get into the lands. No, they wouldn't have been able to make it this far. They wouldn't have my number either.

I pull my hand back too scared to open the door. I take a deep breath in then let it out trying to work myself up enough to open the door. I open the door and shine my torch in. No one's there. I walk into my closet and look around. I turn around and then feel someone's hands press down on my shoulders.

"Ahh", I scream out and turn around to see who it is.

"Gotcha". He pops out between my racks of clothing and scares the shit out of me. I look at him and he is laughing his head off.

"Trent". He doesn't stop laughing. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"That... was so... funny... I told you I was going to get you back", he says in between laughs.

"Get out". I throw him out of my closet and close the door then I hear footsteps rushing to my room. "Quick, hide". I push Trent to the floor behind my bed so my parents won't see him. He lands with a thud. My door swings open and my parents are standing there.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mum asks with my dad standing next to her.

"Ugh nothing... I saw a bug", I lie. What the fuck? I'm a werewolf. Why would I be scared of a bug?

"Okay, we were just making sure you're okay". They leave my room and shut the door.

"I saw a bug", Trent mimics me in a girly voice. He gets up off the floor.

"Fuck you", I bite and Trent smirks.

"I would love to". Trent walks over to me. He's too close to me.

"You're in my personal space".

"I'd love to be in your personal space". Trent winks implying something dirty.

"Get out". I point to the window.

"You know most girls tell me to get in". Trent steps closer to me making me want to step back but I don't want him to know that his aura is overwhelming me. Curse those blue eyes.

"You're so up yourself", I say.

"You know you want me". He leans closer.

"In your dreams". I place my hands on his chest to push him away.

"You just can't keep your hands off me can you?" Trent smirks.

"Fuck off already", I raise my voice, but then cover my mouth quickly, hoping my parents didn't hear. Instead of being offended that I told him to fuck off, he smirks.

"Fine. Bye Avery". Trent goes over to my window and opens it. He climbs out and smiles at me before he jumps.

I find myself smiling and I don't know why. Ugh. I don't like Trent. These pranks are just fun and might be starting a friendship with us.

***

Comment.
Vote.