Chapter Six

Chapter Six

AVERY

I'm in gym class now and we're out on the oval. Sadie, Cody and Trent are in my class.

"Okay class, I want you to partner up", the teacher says. Just as I'm about to grab Sadie, the teacher says, "preferably a girl with a boy".

I see her and Cody together. She gives me an apologetic look. Of course they would pick each other. If only Justin was in this class.

"I've found my partner". Trent wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"I don't think so". I knock his arm off.

"Look around, everyone's partnered up so I do think so". He smirks. I look around and he's right. Everyone's partnered up. "This should be fun". I scoff and walk away from him. The class sits down on the grass as the teacher explains what we have to do.

"We are doing gymnastic techniques so this means you will rely heavily on your partner to do these exercises", the teacher says.

I can't rely on Trent. He will drop me. Why does the school insist on teaching the basics of nearly every sport? Why can't we just play a soccer game and be done with it? At least that's a way to move our bodies. The teacher comes around and hands us a piece of paper with different positions on it.

"Class, I want you to try each exercise", the teacher says. We have mats on the ground to cushion if we fall. I look at the paper at the first position. It's holding a plank for ten seconds. I get in the plank position and so does Trent. We hold our position until ten seconds is up. Second position is me holding on to my partners arms and my feet are on their thighs. We're both leaning back. My partner will be holding my weight. I hate sports that involve flexibility.

"Come on, let's do it", Trent says impatiently. I grab onto his arms and make sure I have a steady grip then he leans back. I lift one of my legs and put my foot on his thigh. I lift my other leg and plant it on his thigh. We're supposed to hold the position for ten seconds. After about five seconds, Trent smirks at me and before I can ask why, he lets go of my arms causing me to fall back and land flat on my back.

"Oops slipped", he says sarcastically, looking like he's trying to contain his laughter.

"Let's just get this over with". I grab the paper to see what the next exercise is. We go through exercise after exercise. We come to the last one. It's an airplane one. "You better not drop me on this one".

"I won't". He raises his hands as if to say he surrenders. Trent lies on his back on the mat and his hands hold onto my hands. His feet goes to my abdomen and he pushes his legs up so I'm flying like an airplane.

"Okay class we're finishing up". While we're both distracted by the teacher, I notice Trent's hands slightly slide down mine. Before I know it, I fall on top of him and my knee hits him in his family jewels. He groans out and pushes me off him, clutching his area. Seeing this makes me laugh. He glares at me.

"You fucking kneed me in my balls". He groans in pain.

"You dropped me", I say, putting the blame on him.

"No I didn't". He's still on the ground but he sits up.

"Well I didn't make myself fall on top of you", I defend.

"Doubt that. All the girls would". He smirks. I push him over and he lands back.

"You are so not as hot as you think you are", I say, standing up.

"Oh so you think I'm hot?" He stands up as well with a grin on his face, his pained balls clearly forgotten.

"Ugh you are so conceited". I wrap the mat up.

The bell rings and the class starts to leave because it's lunch time. Everyone heads to the eating area but I go to my locker and grab some money and then go to the canteen. I buy my lunch and then head outside and walk over to our usual table. Cody and Sadie are already sitting at it. I sit down.

"How was gym with Trent?" Cody asks with a grin.

"I hate you guys. Since you paired up together, I had to go with Trent", I complain.

"What's with that anyway? First you prank him then you pair up with him. You don't usually associate with him", Sadie says.

"Yeah what was with the prank?" Cody takes a bite of his lunch.

"At Justin's party, he pissed me off so I was getting him back and as for gym class I didn't have anyone else as my partner".

We continue to eat our lunch and then Justin comes over to the table. He sits down next to me and Cody and Sadie are sitting across from us.

"By the way Avery, Trent is looking for you". Justin eats his lunch.

"Why?" I ask.

"He told me he's going to get you back for kneeing him in the balls", Justin says causing me to laugh. Whatever he has planned, it was so worth it. I hope his balls are bruised.

"You kicked him in the balls?" Cody asks shocked but laughing at the same time.

"It wasn't my fault". I decide to change the subject off Trent and me. "Anyway, what's going on with you two?" Cody and Sadie both look at each other but they don't say anything. Justin looks to me and smiles.

"What do you mean?" Sadie asks like she doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"You two totally have something going on between you".

I don't want to put them on the spot but when their cheeks both redden, I'm happy I said it. It confirms my theory of them getting romantically close. I don't think anything has really happened between them but you can see that they have feelings for each other.

"Why don't you guys just bang and call it a day", Justin says causing Sadie to spit out her drink.

"Why don't you guys mind your own business", Sadie says.

I think we hit a nerve. I know Justin's comment bothered her. Sadie is a virgin. She wants her first time to be special. She's waiting for her mate. I was waiting for my mate too but then I got drunk and slept with Justin. Things happen, the way we think changes. I don't regret sleeping with Justin. I don't regret sleeping with Paul either when I dated him. I don't see them as mistakes. I know most people believe in waiting for their mates but no one actually goes through with it. Except Sadie. I don't get it though. Cody and Sadie are obviously mates. She should sleep with him anyway.

***

Comment.
Vote.