Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

AVERY

I'm finally at home and can relax. I lie on my back staring up at the ceiling. It's relaxing to just lie in silence and do nothing. But then Mike mind links me.

'Meet me at the pack house'.

Mind link can be infuriating at times considering any member of the pack can just pop into your head.

I get up and make my way to the pack house since it's in walking distance. The pack house is surrounded by smaller houses that families of the pack live in. Some teenagers choose to live in the pack house instead of with their families but I don't want to live in the pack house. Too much drama. The pack house and houses are like a little cottage surrounded by the forests.

I get to the pack house and walk in. I see a bunch of people from the pack in the living room watching tv. Some are in the kitchen eating. I make my way up to Mike's bedroom. I knock on the door and hear a come in. I open the door and Mike is sitting at his desk on his computer.

"What did you call me here for?" I sit on his bed.

"Please make yourself comfortable", he says sarcastically but with a smile. "Trent told me to tell you to go to his office. He wants to talk to you".

"About..." I draw out.

"Go find him and see", Mike says.

Is it a prank? Maybe that's why he mind linked Mike to tell me. I don't want to go and find out. I leave Mike's room and leave the pack house, walking for a few minutes until I get to Trent's house. I knock on the door, even though I'm nervous this is a prank. The door opens and I see Tiffany standing there. Ugh. She is Trent's number one booty call. She thinks that she is his girlfriend but everyone knows all he does is fuck her. I don't know how she doesn't know that Trent sleeps with heaps of girls. Her eyes lock with mine and she glares at me.

"What are you doing in here?" she snarls. Fuck she's annoying.

"None of your business. Where's Trent?" I ask, making her eyes go wide.

"That's alpha to you and I'm sure he doesn't want to see you". She smirks.

"Well he asked for me personally so I'd say he does want to see me". I smirk and she frowns.

"I'm his girlfriend so why don't you just leave", she screeches.

"No you're not. Everyone knows that you are just his little whore".

"That's not true". Tiffany stares daggers at me. Trent walks up beside her. "Trent, tell her that's not true", Tiffany demands.

I look to him in amusement, wondering how he's going to answer the question since she put him on the spot.

"Tiff, leave us". Trent dismissed the question completely.

"What?" She looks upset.

"Don't make me repeat myself".

Tiffany leaves but she gives me a dirty look on the way out. I flip her off and she huffs.

"Come to my office", Trent commands. I follow him through his house and then into his office. "Take a seat Avery". I take a seat. He seems a lot more serious, him sitting behind his desk makes him look more intimidating. I guess he's in his alpha mode.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, wondering what he could possibly want considering he doesn't seem like he's in his usual jerk mood.

"I want your opinion on some pack stuff", he says which surprises me.

"Why would you want my opinion? You hate me", I say and he laughs.

"I don't hate you. I don't like you either though. I don't know why but you're the only one who doesn't listen to what I say. I want your opinion because you will tell me the truth and not just agree with me". He flips through papers on his desk.

"Okay so what do you want my opinion on?" I ask, kind of nervous that he wants my opinion on pack stuff.

"Come here". Trent gestures for me to come around his desk. I go and stand next to him. "It has come to my attention that rogues crossed my land in the north-side. I put more guards on that area but then the rogues were lingering around the west-side. I think I should put more patrols in those areas. What do you think I should do?" He has a map drawn out on his desk and it shows where the rogues have entered our lands.

"Well I think that you should put more guards on the south and east area", I start off.

"Why would I do that?" he interrupts.

"Let me finish. You should put more guards in the south and east area because that's where they would most likely enter in next. They first entered in the north, then you put more guards there, then they entered west. It seems they're testing the areas to see how they can get in". I give him my best opinion on the information I was given.

"You're right. I didn't think of that". He writes down on the map where he is going to put more guards.

"Is that all you needed?" I ask.

"Yes, thank you".

Damn. I didn't think he knew the words thank you. He is serious when it comes to pack stuff.

"We aren't in danger, right? The rogues", I say softly. Trent looks up at me, his eyes softening.

"Avery, I'll protect my pack. It's just rogues being assholes. Most packs deal with their shit", Trent assures me.

I nod and turn to walk to the door but just as I open it, he speaks.

"Oh and Avery?" he calls.

"What?" I ask looking back.

"Just because you helped me with this, doesn't mean it changed anything between us. I'm still going to get you back". He finishes with a smirk.

"Can't wait". I grin thinking of what he could possibly come up with to get back at me.

I leave his office and head down the hallway. I'm surprised when I spot Tiffany in the kitchen. Didn't he ask her to leave? She just walked back in. I decide to have some fun with her. I run my fingers through my hair to make it look messed up and undo the top couple of buttons on my shirt showing my bra.

I walk further into the room and she notices me. She takes in my appearance and then her face scrunches up. She must be realising what I'm implying. Before she can say anything I walk out of the kitchen and hear her stomp up down the hallway while I laugh to myself.

***

Comment.
Vote.