Chapter Four

Chapter Four

AVERY

I walk down the hallway and hear the music blasting throughout the house. There are people talking in the hall and some making out. I walk down and hear noises coming from one of the bedrooms I pass. Being the curious being I am, I open the door and see Trent on top of a girl kissing her. They both stop when I open the door and stare at me.

"Use protection". I laugh.

"Get out Avery", Trent says looking pissed off. Now I can get him back for spilling a drink on me earlier.

"But honestly Zoe, you should reconsider sleeping with him especially since he has a STD", I say with a straight face. She shrieks and pushes him off her.

"Zoe wait", Trent calls but she rushes out the room and slams the door. I laugh but then I look to Trent and he's glaring at me. He walks over and stands in front of me. "What the fuck was that?"

"Paybacks a bitch". I smile and walk out.

"You're going to pay for this Avery", he yells since I closed the door.

"Bring it", I shout. Antagonising the alpha isn't smart but he started it by not apologising when he spilt my drink on me.

I walk downstairs and the party's still going. I get my phone to check what time it is and see it's around midnight. It's really crowded inside so I go outside for some air. The backyard is just as crowded as inside. I notice Justin in the spa making out with some girl. I shake my head in disbelief of how much of a slut he is. We just hooked up yet he still has the stamina to get with another girl. He locks eyes with me, winks and I laugh to myself.

"What's so funny?" a voice says from behind me.

"None of your business", I state as Trent stands next to me. "So did you get another girl to deal with your needs?"

"No I didn't". I try to hold in my laugh. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "I'm going to get you back for that".

"Oh really? How are you going to do that?" I cross my arms.

"Avery, you just started a war you can't win", Trent says. Ooh, Mr. Alpha doesn't like being messed with.

"Who says I can't win it?" I say, getting offended. I don't like being underestimated.

"I did". He's so full of himself. "You know you can back out now if you're scared".

That lights my fuse. I'm competitive and I hate when people act as if they're better than me. I turn to face him, putting my hands on his shoulders so I can get what I'm about to say through his thick skull.

"Listen alpha, you might scare everyone and get everyone else to do whatever you want but not me, so why don't you take your pathetic ass elsewhere".

Shit. Where did that come from? I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Ugh, I've definitely had too much to drink to talk to the alpha like that. Trent looks shocked, his mouth hanging open. He looks like no one has ever told him straight before. I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"Don't you dare walk away from me", he seethes.

"Or what?"

"Or else you'll regret it". His face is dangerously close to mine. I've never had such a close encounter with Trent.

"Is that all you got?" I pull my arm out of his grip.

"What's going on over here?" Justin walks over to us.

"Nothing Justin, just having a little conversation with Avery here", Trent says as he stares down at me, trying to intimidate me. I don't know why but it doesn't work. It works on everyone.

"All right man". Justin gives me one last look before walking away. I know he'll ask me about this later. Justin and Trent are friends which I can't believe, the only reason being is because Justin is Trent's beta. They don't hang out often, just with pack stuff.

"This isn't over", Trent says.

"Whatever". I walk away from him and stand at the edge of the pool, debating if I should go in. Nah, it's a bit chilly to go into the pool.

Next thing I know I'm surrounded in water. I rise to the surface and look around sputtering, seeing Trent standing by the pools edge with a smirk on his face. He pushed me in the pool. He is going to get it. First a drink on my dress, and now pushed in the pool. This dress is ruined now.

"Told you Avery". Trent walks away.

I swim to the edge and pull myself up. I'm soaking wet and I'm getting tired anyway so I go back upstairs and into Justin's room so I can go to sleep and get changed out of these wet clothes. I see Cody and Sadie in Justin's bed, snuggling up to each other asleep. Cody has his arm wrapped around Sadie's waist. Cody doesn't have a shirt on. Sadie's wearing it.

I go to Justin's dresser and pull out a t-shirt. I slip the dress over my head and take my bra off. I put the shirt on, walking over to the bed. I pull up the blanket and get in on Sadie's side. I try falling asleep but the music is too loud. I turn over and lie on my back. I must lie there for hours until the music dies down and the doorknob turns with Justin walking in.

Justin lifts his shirt up and over his head then unzips his jeans and pulls them off. He gets in the bed beside me. I love that Justin's bed is so big, it fits all of us.

"What was going on between you and Trent? I saw him push you into the pool", Justin asks.

"He was just being an asshole", I say. Justin wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me to his chest. "You know you are such a slut".

"Oh, are you insulting my modesty?" His voice is high which makes me laugh.

"Yes", I say making both of us laugh. "You have to help me get Trent back".

"Don't tell me you both are having a prank war?"

"Yes why? I need to get him back".

"This isn't going to end well". He shakes his head.

"No, it's going to end very well. For me". I smirk thinking of ideas on how I can get Trent back for pushing me in the pool. He doesn't know what he's starting and I'm going to make sure of it. Now I just have to come up with a way to get him back.

***

Comment.
Vote.