Chapter Five

Chapter Five

AVERY

The weekend is over and it's back to school. I decide to get there early so I can accomplish my plan on getting Trent back. I've been thinking of something to prank him with all weekend. I grab a bar to eat for breakfast and then get in my car and drive to school. There are only a few people straggling around outside. There's barely anyone here.

I walk inside the building and go over to my locker. There is no one in the hallways. I try and pinpoint which locker is Trent's. I always see him further up the hall so I walk down. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99. 100. I'm pretty sure 100 is the number. Of course that's his number. I go over seeing that it has a lock on it. I twist the numbers until they land on 1 2 3 because that's the most likely code it will be. Everyone uses simple codes so they don't forget it. The lock clicks open and I smile to myself. Could his code be any more simple?

I open his locker, just to make sure it's his and see a picture with Trent and his friends on it. I got the right locker. I close the locker and quickly walk to the girls bathroom to follow through with my plan. I get a roll of toilet paper and rip it up into pieces and soak them with water. I get several more rolls making sure it's a soft wet papery mess. I pile it in my bag and walk back to his locker quickly piling it in. I fill it up to the top and then close the locker, spinning the numbers so the code is locked. I go back to my locker and get my things ready for class. People start filing in, filling the halls. Spotting my friends, they walk over to me.

"What are you doing here so early Avery?" Justin asks.

"Just had some stuff to do", I say smiling mischievously.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Cody asks.

"Just excited". I close my locker.

"You didn't actually do it, did you?" Justin has a hint of a smile.

"Yes". Justin laughs while shaking his head.

"Do what?" Cody and Sadie both ask. I notice Trent and his friends walk inside.

"You're just about to find out". I smirk.

My eyes follow Trent's movements. He heads toward his locker and I can't stop the smile from stretching on my face. He unlocks his locker and then opens it. Dozens of pieces of wet toilet paper fall out onto him. They stick to him because they're soaked. Everyone laughs at him. I laugh at him too. Serves him right. But the moment he turns his head, looking at everyone, it goes silent. Of course it has. He's the alpha. He grabs the paper stuck to him and rips it off him.

"Which one of you did this?" Trent demands in a stern voice. No one speaks a word.

I look to Cody and Sadie. They are both trying to hide their smiles. Sadie points to Trent discreetly and I nod my head. The bell rings and people try and move to class.

"No one's going to class until I find out who did this", Trent warns. Anger is radiating off his body. Everyone stops and no one says nothing. I better own up to it so he doesn't take his wrath out on someone else. "Now I'm going to ask again. Who did this?" he says running his eyes along the crowd. I step out into the middle of the hallway so he can see me.

"It was me". I smirk. His eyes darken. Everyone is looking at me in shock. Clearly because no one else has the balls to prank the alpha. Trent stalks toward me, looking furious as he comes very close to me.

"You're going to fucking pay for this Avery". Trent stares intently into my eyes. Everyone stays where they are, watching our encounter.

"Am I Trent?" I smile. I know I'm getting on his nerves but it's fun.

"I can make your life miserable Avery". He looks like he means every word. "Everyone get to class".

He walks back to his locker and slams it shut and everyone scurries off to class. My friends head one way to class and I go the other way. I don't have any of my friends in my class. Everyone piles in and takes their seats then the teacher starts the lesson. Five minutes into the lesson, the door opens and Trent walks in. The teacher looks at him.

"Trent, why are you late?" the teacher scolds.

"I was in the bathroom". Trent walks to his seat. He must have been cleaning the paper off him. All throughout class, he stares at me. He burns a whole through my head with his piercing gaze. I look at him, meeting his gaze. I smirk at him and he glares even harder if that's possible.

Once class is over, I head to my next one. Throughout class, I get high fives from the guys because of the prank I pulled on Trent but from the girls, I get glares. They've been talking about what a bitch I am for pranking their alpha. Of course all the girls are acting like that. They all have a crush on him. I'm sitting in class and the guy besides me leans over.

"That was an awesome prank you pulled this morning", Trent's friend Mike says, holding his knuckles out. Mike is Trent's third in command.

"Thanks", I say and do knuckles with him.

"You know he isn't going to let that go".

"Yeah well let's see what he's got", I say and Mike laughs.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into".

"Neither does he".

***

Comment.
Vote.