Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

TRENT

I'm hanging out with the guys, Mike, Dave, Paul and Ben. We're at the park just chilling. Justin was hanging out with us earlier but he left and I'm glad he did, that way I can get help on getting an idea for a prank to get back at Avery. The marker was stuck on my forehead for a whole day before my mum gave me some weird polish remover shit to scrub it off. I can't believe I didn't wake up. Avery was in my room and I slept through it.

"Guys, I need help with a prank on Avery", I say, wanting to see if they know of anything to do.

"Why are you even pranking her in the first place?" Paul takes a drag of his cigarette.

"It's a long story", I say, not wanting to dive into the details right now. Paul rolls his eyes. I know it bothers him that I'm spending time with her for the pranks. He's still hung up on her.

"What were you thinking of doing?" Ben asks.

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking". I look to Paul and then I get an idea. "Paul, you dated her. Do you have any dirt on her that I can use?"

"No". He looks bored.

"Come on, you got to know something. Other then you cheating on her, what else happened?" I say and he glares at me.

"She hates surprises and she's competitive", he says. That's no help.

"Come on, she doesn't have any secrets?" I push and notice his eyes drift to his phone on the table which catches my attention. He shakes his head and goes back to smoking his cigarette. There's something on that phone. "Paul".

"She's fucking Justin. Why don't you ask him?" Paul says bitterly.

Wow, Justin and Avery. I always knew they were way too close to just be friends. I want to laugh at the fact that Paul and Justin still talk despite Justin fucking Paul's ex.

"Damn, lucky Justin. Avery is fucking hot", Dave says.

"Yeah I would tap that", Ben says.

"Can we stop talking about her?" Paul spits, looking irritated that we're talking about her.

"Seriously what do you love about her? She's a bitch", I say. Avery's humorous and has more balls than guys in my pack but she is too bitchy for my liking.

"No she's not. She's sweet and cheating on her was the biggest mistake I ever made".

"Dude get over it. You're going to find your mate one day", I say.

"It could be her".

"Keep dreaming", Dave says.

"She hasn't turned eighteen yet so who knows", Paul looks like he has hope.

"Well whoever her mate is, poor guy". I laugh.

"I need to go to the bathroom". Paul gets up and walks away. I feel he just left because of the conversation.

The guys start another conversation. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Paul left his phone on the table. I shouldn't invade his privacy but I need to know what the secret it. Being an alpha, I need to know everything otherwise I'll go crazy. I grab his phone and unlock it. We all know each other's passcodes. We pretty much all have the same one so we don't forget. I don't know what I'm looking for so I go to messages to see if I find anything. He doesn't even have a conversation with Avery though. I go through his photos and come across a video. I watch a few seconds and realise what it is. Avery's in the camera view and she's undoing Paul's pants. Fuck, that's wild. I send it to my phone, definitely wanting to watch the rest of it later. I notice Paul coming back so I quickly put his phone back where it was.