Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

AVERY

Once Trent left, I look at the time and it's only 10:30. I need to get him back for this. My heart felt like it stopped for a second when he pressed his hands on my shoulders in my closet. He wouldn't think I'd retaliate with a prank so soon so I'm going to do something now. I think about what I can do while walking around my room until an idea pops into my mind. I look on my desk and see a permanent marker; an idea springing to mind. I grab the marker and wait until after midnight. He should be asleep by now.

I put on a pair of black track pants and a black hoodie and sneak out. Instead of taking my car I walk to Trent's house. I know I'm safe walking in the pack's area. Rogues wouldn't be able to make it in this far without someone noticing. I sigh in content, the starry sky, the light breeze, the silence, it's calming. When I get to Trent's house, I try the front door but it's locked. I could break it but I don't want him to wake up before I do my prank. I walk around the side of the house and see a window open. I climb through and step into the bathroom. I sniff out his scent to find his room. The scent all over his house is the one that was in my closet. I need to remember his scent in the future incase of pranks.

I slowly turn the doorknob and go into his room. It's dark but I can make out his figure sprawled out on the four-poster king size bed. The walls are dark blue and there are brown timbre bedside tables on either side of the bed. I sneak over to his bed and stand over him. He is on his back and the blanket is bunched up at his waist. He is shirtless giving me a good view of his defined pecs and chiseled abs. I would be lying if I said I'm not checking him out. I lean over with my arm and softly drag the marker across his forehead. I write something that will piss him off immensely. I finish my artwork and then leave the room, going back to my house and going to sleep.

-

I'm at school right now standing by my locker, waiting for the magic to happen. I see Mike and his friends walking towards me.

"You are so dead". Mike laughs.

"High five Avery. That's the best", Dave says, holding his hand up.

I high five him and all his friends laugh except Paul. Trent's group of friends is him, Mike, Paul, Dave and Ben. I use to be friendly with them when I was dating Paul but when that ended, I didn't really talk to them anymore. Paul and I ended about two months ago.

The doors to the school opens and Trent walks in. The hallway parts for him. His friends step aside. He's wearing a hoodie over his school shirt, probably to cover up what I wrote. Trent stalks down the hallway and as soon as he sees me he comes over. I see that the words are smudged. He must have tried to rub it off but you can still clearly see what it says.

Avery's bitch

Trent grabs me by the collar of my shirt and leans me against the lockers, not in a rough way, but a way to show he's the alpha and I shouldn't be messing with him.

"I'm going to kill you Avery", he seethes.

"Aww don't be like that Trent". I smirk.

"Don't you mean Avery's bitch". Mike laughs. Trent glares at him and he shuts up.

"I'm your alpha Avery. Are you trying to piss me off?" Trent looks like he's about to blow.

"Why? Is it working?" I smile.

"Yes". He clenches his teeth together.

"Then yes I am". I smile to myself, proud that it worked.

"Avery, you're fucking pushing it".

If he was a cartoon, he would have steam coming out of his ears. I notice that everyone is watching us. Some of the guys look like they're trying to hold in their laughter, some look shocked, some scared and some girls staring at me like I'm being a bitch to their poor alpha.

"I'm pushing it? You're the one who sneaked into my room last night and scared the shit out of me", I accuse and notice a smile tugging at his lips.

"I will get you back for this", he says and lets me go. He walks away and everyone heads off to class except for Paul. He grabs my arm.

"Ave, can I talk to you?"

"No". I pull my arm out of his hold. He pulls me by the arm and into the janitors closet. "What do you want Paul?"

"Look, I have had time to think about how everything went down with us. I'm sorry for what I did. I still love you. Give me another chance". My mind is brought back to the day he broke my heart.

-

I have just gotten to Paul's place. I go inside and walk up to his room, opening the door and see Paul on top of a girl thrusting into her. I'm stuck there. Frozen. Just watching him having sex with another girl. How could he do this to me? We've been together for six months. I love him and I thought he loved me. Guess not. They notice that I'm standing there and he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He pulls out of the girl and stands up wrapping the blanket around his waist.

"Ave I... Look this isn't...", he fumbles for words to use.

"Is she your mate?" I ask. If it's his mate, that would be understandable. When he doesn't say anything, I know she's just some random girl. "This is over".

I walk out of his room. I hear his footsteps running after me and I speed up not wanting the tears to fall out of my eyes with him seeing. He pulls my arm back to turn me around and I react by punching him square in the jaw. He stumbles back and holds his face. I run out of there. When I'm alone I let the tears fall freely. I'm so stupid. Why did I ever get into a relationship when wolves have mates? Sleeping with Justin was always fine because that was just about sex and not feelings. But now, I feel fucking stupid to ever have dated someone given we're werewolves.

-

"I don't believe you. You hurt me". I take a step away from him not wanting to be in such close proximity with him.

"I know but I'm sorry". Paul sounds like he means it but I don't care. I'm done with him. It'll be my eighteenth birthday soon so even if I gave him another chance, we would break up when I find my mate anyway.

"No Paul, if you were sorry you wouldn't have done what you did in the first place". He looks angry that I said no to him. He never liked being told no. I notice no chaos in the hall so everyone must have went to class. "I need to go to class".

***

Comment.
Vote.