< XIV >

Neveah Aurora North:

The sun is already rising by the time I can finally close my eyes. Cataleya has been panicking ever since we got to our room, so I tried to calm her down. 

Now that she's finally sleeping, I'm unable to because of the sun. The fucking sun. 

I slowly get out of bed and decide to take a shower. Maybe it will wash away the images of Estelle's dead body. The way she was laying on the floor- Fuck. 

My hands start shaking like crazy. The scene is replaying in my head again. Just like a few hours ago, I don't see Estelle. I see my mother. I see my father. I see my little cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandpa. I see their dead bodies on the ground. 

The cold water has a soothing effect, calming down my nerves from the images that are replaying in my head. Showers usually help. Usually. 

There is nothing usual about any of this. The Curzio's abducted us, forced us to work for them, and Rio killed someone right in front of us! 

Marco came to our room last night to tell us that we don't have to go to work today. But to be honest, I would much rather be at work, keeping myself busy, than stay in this house. 

I walk back into the room, wearing the oversized hoodie I bought when we went shopping with Brandon and some black Adidas sweatpants. I am dressed for cold weather, even though the sun will be out all day, because I can. Because I want to. 

 Cataleya is still asleep and I watch her carefully, not trying to wake her up by making too many sounds, as I walk towards my side of the bed. I look at the clock and sigh. It's almost six am. 

I decide to go to the kitchen, grab something to eat, and chill there for a while since I'll probably wake Cataleya if I stay in the room.

Since it's way too early for anyone to be up, I'm alone in the kitchen. I take a deep breath before climbing into one of the barstools and look at my hands. They stopped shaking, but the image still plays. As if it's some kind of record stuck on the same beat. 

'Goodmorning!' Celine says before yawning and walking over to the fridge. 'Why are you up so early?' I ask since I thought no one would be up at this time. 

She's wearing a total black outfit, jeans, and shirt, with matching black shoes. 

'I should ask you,' She snorts, before turning around and placing a cup of yogurt and blueberries on the counter. 'Normally it's just me and sometimes Rio joins me, but since they left to fix some shit, it's just me,' She walks around the kitchen swiftly, not making any sounds at all, and grabs all the things she needs for her breakfast. 

'But to answer your question, I have to get to work in thirty minutes.' Work? 'What is it you do exactly.' Her lips curl up into a smile and she pours some yogurt into a bowl. 

'I help people who need it. Mostly gang-related people, but also people who are willing to pay a lot of money for surgeries they normally have to get in line for.' 

I nod, taking in all the information, and watch as she throws some berries into the bowl. 'Do you want some?' 

'No thanks, not really hungry.' She sighs deeply, grabs a spoon, and walks over to the chair next to me. 'I heard what happened last night. What were you two thinking?' 

'I don't know, maybe we didn't want to be held against our will?' I ask sneeringly. What type of question is that? 

'Okay, I guess. But let's be honest.' She turns towards me and I notice the spoon in her hand, 'It's not that bad, right?'