< LXII >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

Rio races through the busted gates. It looks like someone drove straight through them, and they probably did. 

There are a bunch of cars in front of the house, but the Curzio's don't seem to bother, so neither do I. 

They're probably the backup Rio send to help them. 

The vehicle hasn't even completely stopped yet before Leon and I jump out of the car, but he instantly runs towards the door, while I stare at the marks on the ground.

The door is almost falling out of its hinges and I freeze as we both walk up the steps. I stare at the door, trying to catch something, anything that might give us a hint on what exactly happened here. 

But there's too much going on. The door is broken, splintering a little, while almost falling off the hinge. They must've rammed something against it for it to break like this. 

'Shit.' Rio mumbles as he rushes after Leon. I follow them inside and stare at the broken door for another second. 

Rio moves like a fucking wolve, stealthy and ready to fight. Beside him, a man with dark blond hair starts explaining what happened. Or at least what he thinks happens. 

Whatever they did, almost broke the entire door down. But there's nothing to actually see what they used. At least not for me. They probably know exactly what happened. 

I look at the hall, which looks perfectly fine, except for a few pieces of the door laying around. Nothing else seems touched. 

As if they didn't even go deeper into the house. 

'They're not here!' Leon shouts as he runs down the stairs. 

Shit. I look at him as he rushes towards Rio's office. No. 

It took us longer to get back here because we weren't allowed to fly. There were too many planes in the air. As if they made sure of that too. 

So instead of two hours to get back here, it took us four. And when we got to the ground, they found out something was wrong with our car, so we had to wait for a new one to get there. Which also took at least an hour. 

Five hours. They've been gone for five hours. 

I snap out of the panic that's trying to consume me and run towards Rio's office. He's tapping on his phone for dear life. 'That chip-' 'What the fuck do you think I'm doing?' He sneers, not looking at me at all. 

I lean against the wall, needing its support since my legs feel weak. 'What happened?' 

'Kai went behind our backs.' Leon sneers, anger clear in his voice. He looks like he's about to explode. 

Kai. He went behind our backs. He told Hunter we would be gone. He told them all of it and led them to the house while we were away. 

'Is there any way we can talk to him?' All heads turn to me and the new guy starts laughing hysterically. I glare at him but wait for the others to answer my question. 'Do you think that he'll talk?' 

Even Rio, who surely doesn't mind Neveah being gone, looks tense. But I think it's more because of the fact that Celine is gone as well. Because he cares about Celine. 

'Have you tried?' I ask, slowly stepping away from the wall. Now is not the time to panic. We'll get her back. We just need to know where they are. 

'Anything?' Leon asks, turning towards his cousin. 

It looks like he's about to rip Rio's phone out of his hands and try to find it himself, but he somehow contains himself while Rio continues to search for the right things.