< XLIII >

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

Neveah Aurora North:

It's about eleven in the morning when Cataleya rushes through the door again. This morning she woke everyone up around eight so we could start packing for our trip. 

'What is it now, little one?' Tiago smirks as he walks over to the fridge. She rolls her eyes at him and rushes to me, smiling like crazy. 'Why are you so happy today?' 

She's been too busy studying and barely smiled for the past weeks. But now suddenly she's smiling again? Not that I'm going to complain. 

Leya definitely needs to loosen up when it comes to the test next month. She has been learning almost the whole time, with almost no breaks at all. 

'We're going to Spain!' She chimes as she steals one of my cherries. 'I forgot how much you love Spain.' 

'Why do you love Spain so much, little one?' We both turn to Tiago, who's waiting for us to answer. 

'My mother is from Spain.' I listen as the two of them talk about Leya's origin, while I finish my bowl of fruits. Tiago made it for me since he insisted I should eat something before we leave. Idiot.

'Cool, but what about your father?' My eyes shoot to him and he realized he hit a nerve. I slowly look at Leya who's not smiling anymore. 

Yet, she's not on the verge of crying either. 

She's simply staring at him, with no emotion on her face. 

'He left when I was little.' She says monotone. 'How about you tell her about your family.' 

Leya looks at me and smiles, before turning back to Tiago. 'Yes, tell me about your parents. I would love to know about them.' 

She jumps into the seat next to me and waits for Tiago to explain, making him smile at her excitement. 

'Well, it's very funny actually.' He mumbles as he grabs a glass of water from the sink. It really is... 

'Stop being so secretive! I told you about my parents, so tell me about yours.' I nod and keep my eyes on Tiago, who slightly starts blushing. 

'So you know Adriano and I are cousins, right?' I roll my eyes and get up so that I can put my bowl into the dishwasher. 

Tiago's ashamed to tell her the story of how their parents met. It's a very interesting story, almost makes me believe in true love again. 

If only it didn't end the way it did. 

'Well, no shit.' Leya jokes and I laugh a little as I head back to the seat next to her. 'Continue.' 

'Well, our fathers are twins. Identical twins, that's why we look so much alike. I'm the more attractive one though.' Leya starts laughing and looks at me, making me smile a little. Even Tiago himself smiles at us before he takes a big sip from his water. 

'But our mothers, on the other hand, are entirely different.' I look at Leya, wanting to see her reaction to every word coming out of Tiago's mouth. 'She was like you.' 

And there it is. Her brows furrow at his words, but quickly go up when she realizes what he's saying. 'Wait so-' 

'Esmeralda, Adriano's mother, and my mother,' Maria... 'were best friends, like you.' He smiles, leaning on the counter in front of him. He looks at his glass and takes a deep breath. 

I always enjoyed listening to their story. Maria loved to tell it every time I came by six years ago. All before the fear took over. All before everything got fucked. All before she was killed.