< XXXII >

Celine Elloise Dufort:

I drop myself into the leather chair and stare at all the papers on my desk. Instead of working yesterday, I decided that it would be fun to take a day off. 

Even though I had enough to fucking do. And the fact that my head is pounding right now isn't really helping! 

I could really use a few more hours of sleep before I check on Kai, but I have to take care of all these papers as well. 

Where the hell did they even come from? 

'Fuck it.' I groan, grabbing the first and scanning the front of the paper real quick. 

Micheal Navaro-  shot in the chest with a 45 ACP. Once in the head and another one in the chest. Police found his body near a river, just outside of London. He had a burn on his forehead. A burn that seems harmless. 

I stare at the picture again and sigh deeply. The fact that the British police didn't consider it yet. 

The mark on his face is obviously a skull. How did they not see yet? It's not the first murder with a skull burned into someone's skin, but it's the first to ever be this close to town. 

I scan the files, trying to find something to work with. The police clearly don't think much of it, but we know better. Way better. 

This has something to do with a British gang. If they keep killing people, innocent people, the police might have to interfere, meaning we have to stop trading with them for a while. 

If only we could find out who is behind all of this. Who is behind the murder of innocent men? 

Someone knocks on the door, making me sigh deeply before getting up from the chair. I open the door and look into Neveah's bright eyes. She seems happier than usual. 

'Goodmorning! I hope you slept alright.' Leya chimes before stepping into my office. I shake my head and walk back to my desk before falling into my chair again. 'You have a headache, don't you?' 

I nod and grab onto my cup of tea, before looking up at them. 'Did you take some Advil yet?' Neveah asks and I nod, before sipping on my tea. 'But this works best.' I groan, swallowing the disgusting tea. 

I absolutely hate this tea, but it usually helps when I'm hungover. This way I should be fine in a few hours. 

'How can I help you?' I ask, shoving the papers to the side. I would much rather spend time with them, than work on this stupid mystery. 

I notice Neveah staring at the papers, trying to read what it says. 'Not much.' She mumbles, raising a brow at the picture of the dead Navaro. 'We just wanted to ask if you need anything before we go tomorrow morning.' 

'Tomorrow morning?' Leya nods and takes a seat across from me, sighing deeply. 'You know before Rio drags us to Italy again.' She groans. What is she- Oh. Right. 

'You forgot about it, didn't you?' I nod and take another sip, shivering at the bitter taste going down my throat. 'I don't need anything, thank you.' I smile before staring at Neveah again. 

She's still trying to read what the papers say. 'It's French.' 

Her eyes shoot to mine, she's ashamed that I caught her snooping. But I don't mind. He's dead anyway. 

'What happened to him?' 'His name is Micheal Navaro. His body was found just outside of London and Rio wanted me to see if I found any new hints. The police report doesn't say much about him, just that he might've been involved with some dark people.' I inform, watching her reaction carefully.