< XV >

Celine Elloise Dufort:

'Miss Dufort!' I look at Celeste who can barely catch her breath. 'Yes?' She follows me through the halls, entering the room of mister De Luca right after me. 

'There is someone for you at the desk.' His blood pressure seems normal... I tap against the bag of liquid hanging beside his bed. 'Can you tell Claud to get mister De Luca his food?' She nods before following me out of the room again. 

'What were you saying?' She sighs and tries to keep up since I have longer legs than her. I idle my pace and smile at her. 'Someone called Marco Barsetti is at the desk for you.' What? 

'Did he say what he wanted to talk about?' Celeste shakes her head and looks right at me, almost tripping over her own feet as we continue walking through the hall. 'He said it was urgent.' 

I sigh and turn the other way, back to the front desk to see what the fuck is going on. They normally text me when they need something, so I'm curious about what is going on. And why, out of all people, did they send Marco? 

'Took you long enough!' Marco sighs before I drag him into my office. 'Hey, be careful!' 'What the fuck are you doing here?' 

He sighs again, before dropping into one of the chairs in my office. My chair. 'That's not how you talk to me now, is it?' He asks slyly, before propping his arms behind his head, looking at me as if he owns the place. 

Ever since Rio promoted him he acts all though. As if he's the boss now. 

'Look, I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but get your head out of your ass and tell me why the fuck you're here.' 

He rolls his eyes and looks me dead in the eye, bending forward on the chair a little. 'Rio wants you to place those trackers in the girls.' 

'I told him I won't do it until we have their consent.' He gets up and walks around my office, touching everything without my permission. He's doing it on purpose, to get a reaction out of me. 

'Stop that and get out.' 'Look, Celine,' He turns towards me and sighs deeply, 'I'm just here to get you. If you want to talk about it with Rio, come with me and talk to him about it.' 

'Well, Rio knows I have to work till the end of my shift, so he can wait.' I state, before turning towards the door. 'Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my patients.' 

He steps in front of me, blocking my way out of my office, and stares me down. Just like all the other men I work with, he's taller than me. Not as tall as Rio or Leon, but tall. 

'Rio won't allow that.' I raise my eyebrow at him and giggle at the words coming out of his mouth.

'Rio is the one who gave me this job.' I point my finger in his chest and push him back a little, 'Rio is the one who needs me to do what I do, to help these patients. I think Rio won't mind letting me finish my fucking job.' 

Marco gulps and steps aside, letting me through since he knows I'm right. 'Make it quick, he doesn't like waiting.' 'You don't need to remind me of that.' And I don't fucking give a shit... 

I walk back so I can finish my shift. After two hours, I make my way back to my office, smiling at the annoyed Marco sitting in my chair again. 

'You should smile a little more, maybe Cataleya will give you a chance.' He rolls his eyes and jumps out of the chair, slowly walking my way. 'Now why would I want that?' 

'I've seen the way you look at her.' I state, looking him directly in his gorgeous blue eyes. 

I must give it to him, Marco Barsetti is a very handsome man. Normally I hate it when men grow out their hair, but he seems to be able to pull it off. It suits him, the little waves fit his face perfectly. If only he wasn't such an asshole...