< XXIII >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

Today's the day. The day we fly over to America. Tomorrow is the mysterious party Rio told us about. He simply forced us to accompany them and didn't say anything else about it. 

I look over at Neveah who is still peacefully sleeping in the ginormous bed. This bed is not as comfortable as the one in Paris or Rome, but it's bigger. It's way bigger and grants both of us enough room to roll over a million times. 

A soft knock on the door turns my attention to it. I silently jump out of the bed and rush to the door, hoping to not wake Neveah. She needs her hours of sleep since she barely slept the past few days. 

Her sleeping schedule has always been fucked up. But ever since she and Leon kept talking till late in the night, she's been sleeping even worse than ever. 

'Goodmorning, are you coming to eat breakfast before we leave?' Celine asks softly. She knows Neveah is still sleeping and tries not to wake her as well. 

It's weird that she's here this early, it's not even seven am, but I think I know why she came here. 

Ever since our last night in Paris, the one where she lashed out on Rio, she's been avoiding him. Celine is pissed over things that I'll probably never understand. But so far, I know that she has every reason to be mad at him. He's a monster. 

Rafael said that he needed to get up early today, so he's probably in the kitchen eating his simple breakfast. Celine being Celine, doesn't want to eat with him. She doesn't want to be alone with him in the same room. 

The fact that Rio doesn't seem bothered by Celine's anger shocks me a little. She could leave him, give him to the police or maybe even his enemies, but he doesn't seem to care. I think deep down he thinks she'll turn around at some point. 

'Sure, just let me get ready.' I whisper and move to the side so that she can enter the room. Brandon picked out our outfits last night. He wanted us to go to San Diego in style. 

He picked out a cute white top with puffy sleeves and light blue, distressed denim jeans. It's the most summery shit ever for the beginning of fall. 

'Do you have a jacket to match with that?' Celine jokes, slowly sitting on the bed. I shrug and quickly brush my teeth. When I'm done for today, I walk back into the room and notice that Neveah is slowly waking up. 

'Come on, let's go before she wakes up!' I joke, pulling Celine with me through the door. The hallway is dark since the sun hasn't arisen yet. It's cold and dark, like every other morning. 

This is my least favorite house so far. It's too modern and doesn't have a homey feeling at all. It feels like a museum, where you're not allowed to touch anything. Every hall is filled with abstract paintings. Stripes and dots everywhere. 

No one seems to like this house, which is weird since they own it. 

'Goodmorning.' Celine groans as we enter the little kitchen. This house has a small kitchen. Bigger than the kitchen Neveah and I had, but smaller than the other ones. 

Rio, who is seated in one of the chairs, looks up and smiles at Celine, before turning to me. 'Goodmorning ladies.' 

I nod and walk over to the fridge as Celine grabs a few bowls for us. I notice she grabbed an extra bowl, probably for Neveah. 

'When are we leaving?' I ask as I hand Celine her yogurt. She always eats the same thing, every morning. Yogurt with some type of berries. Today it's raspberries. 'In two hours.' Rio answers directly.