Business

Her eyes fluttered open, as if summoned by the morning light seeping in through the window, and the scent of sweet syrup flooding her senses. Her body felt strangely light, like a weight had been lifted from her over the night. She turned to see that she was alone in the bed, the mess of sheets and an indent on the pillow where another body had laid. She smiled faintly to herself, reaching her arm out and feeling the surface of the bed with the palm of her hand; it was still warm.

"Good morning," a deep voice drawled out. Her eyes drifted to the doorway where a tall body was leaning against it, almost naked except for the black pair of briefs hugging his hips. A tray of food was in his hands, which she figured to be the source of the delicious aroma lingering in the air.

"Morning," she replied, her voice slightly lagged by tiredness. As she started to sit up slowly, leaning her back against the pillows, she noticed that her body was still a bit sore, a gentle ache between her thighs to remind her of the night before.

Harry came over to the bed, setting the tray of food on her lap before getting in and sitting beside her. A stack of pancakes, a small dish filled with syrup, and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice; Carmen's eyes lit up at the rose petals used for decor around the plates.

"You really went all out here," she hummed, picking up the fork and knife, beginning to cut the pancakes into miniscule pieces. She poured the slightst bit of syrup over it, before taking a bite, moaning quietly at the taste.

"You really made this all?" she inquired after swallowing, grabbing the napkin fron the tray and patting it against her lips, which were stained from last night's red lipstick. Harry nodded, biting back a smug grin.

"Yes, of course. I told you I was good." He reached his hand out and took a strand of her hair between his fingers, playing with it idly as he took in her appearance. He had never been graced by her beauty in the morning, and he decided in that moment that he wanted to be able to see her like this every day he woke up. Her hair was a beautiful mess, partly from the sex and partly from her sleep; her natural curls were starting to show through the straightness. Her makeup was smudged, but yet she looked like utter perfection, her eyelashes still long and framing her dark orbs in the most hauntingly alluring way. He couldn't help but notice that there was a light blush to her cheeks, perhaps from just waking up, but Harry wanted to believe it was from him.

Carmen could feel his eyes on her as she ate. It was silent, besides the dainty sound of her chewing, and every now and then a quiet gulp of her orange juice. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence; they were both peacefully in thought, and still soaking in the night before. Harry had pushed away the frightening ideas that had found their way into his mind, like snakes with their fangs out and ready to sink them into his heart.

Love.

Harry Styles had never loved anyone. But as he watched the girl beside him silently eat her plate of pancakes, her soft jaw moving up and down, and her small hands reaching up to tuck a strand of her ravenous hair that had fallen over her face every few minutes; the snakes' fangs were resurfacing, hissing at him.

You love her. You know you do.

"No, I don't," he mumbled in annoyance to himself, too lost in his thoughts to realize he had spoken the words aloud.

"Excuse me?" Carmen questioned, glancing at him in confusion. He swallowed hard and shook his head, giving her an uneasy smile.

"Nothing, love. Keep eating," he cooed, scooting closer to her and wrapping his thick arm around her petite frame. It was funny how so much power and personality could fit in such a small girl. She was like a fox, Harry thought, cute and dainty yet ready to bite. The thought of it made him smile.