Leather

She tasted like sour cherry, he concluded as his tongue swiped over her bottom lip. He could feel the smooth layer of her waxy lipstick under his tastebuds, a taste too familiar to him after the multitude of lips he had felt against his. Her lips were plump, full- they were pressed softly to his own lips, but moved feverishly. The humming vibration in his chest demanded more, so his hand found its way to the back of her neck, fisting her ravenous curls in his hand and pushing her mouth harder against his.

He hadn't expected her to kiss him. He was expecting to have to play his way to this moment, but it seemed she was already a step ahead of him, her mind and body ticking just a bit faster. Though unexpected, it was very much enjoyed. Styles figured he could just sit back and let her do the work, since she had done most of it up until this point. He didn't have to exchange very many words with her, even, and yet she was already straddling his lap, her frail hands fisting the silky fabric of his shirt.

Her knees shifted aginst the leather couch, moving so her wide hips fit snugly in place with his. It was almost too much- the intoxicating scent of her perfume, the soft curtain of her hair draping over their faces, her thighs pressing against his, and the sweet cavern of her mouth, given to him to explore all he wanted.

He felt like his thick skin and walls of arrogance were dissolving under her touch.

And that is just what Carmen wanted.

She smirked against his lips, pulling away abruptly and detangling herself from his lap. Her expression hid the racing of her heart and the deep pull within her to press her lips back to his, but she resisted for the sake of her game, since that's all this was really. A game in which she would win, as always.

"Thank you for the drink, Mr. Styles." Her hands flattened against the skirt of her dress as she straightened her posture, seemingly unaffected by the short moment of intamcy they had just shared.

He licked his lips, narrowing his eyes at her as he remained leaning against the cushion of the couch, he right leg resting over his other. "Is that your version of 'goodbye'?" he questioned, the slightest bit of irritation in his voice. "I thought we were just getting started, Ms. Avalos."

They were being so formal, so casual. It was such an odd way for two people to converse with each other when both of their insides were burning to touch one another.

"Do you want this to be goodbye?" Her perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised challengingly.

Styles flicked his tongue over the roof of his mouth. This woman, he huffed to himself. Goddamn.

It was silent for a moment, their gazes holding each other tightly, both too stubborn to let go. Without a word, Styles lifted himself from the couch, striding slowly over to where the alluring beauty stood. As he stood, towering over her small frame, it seemed that he was reminding her of who was holding the situation in the palm of their hand. His eyes glared down at her, blaring with an emotion she couldn't decipher.

"Do you want to know what I want, Carmen?" he gritted out. His voice was hard, yet silky at the same time. The thickest, richest honey and she wanted it to slither down her throat.

Her silence was enough of a response for him. He leaned down to brush his lips to her ear, which were still red and slightly swollen from her unexpected attack, and breathed hotly over her flushed skin.

"I want you in my bed," he breathed lowly.

She smirked.

"I want to hear you screaming- begging- for me."

She nearly rolled her eyes.

"That's a pretty ambitious request, Mr. Styles," she murmured, drawing back away from his close proximity. She brought her hand to her ear, playing thoughtlessly with the single pearl earring in it as she studied him with an unwavering gaze. He really was beautiful.

"That wasn't a request, love." He grinned crookedly, the corners of his rosy lips curling up.

"Well, I know you aren't the kind of man to demand such a thing from a woman, so what was it?"

Styles pursed his lips, his eyebrows lowered. "How do you know I'm not that kind of man?" he challenged, taking a firm step closer to her. She didn't back away. "How do you know that drink I gave you wasn't spiked, huh?"

"You wouldn't," she gasped quietly, her heart beating the slightest bit faster in panic. He wouldn't.

"You're right," he muttered, shrugging indifferently. "I wouldn't. But you don't know that.. you don't know me, Ms. Avalos."

"You sound like a teenage girl," she laughed lightly, her dark eyes glistening under the dim lighting in the room. "You don't know me. You don't understand."

That was it. He cupped the side of her face firmly with his hand, and gave her no time to react before pressing his lips to hers. His movements were harsh, forceful- fulfilling every threat he had in his hard green eyes. He felt her face relax under his finger tips, her body losing its confident posture as she arched her back, causing her chest to meet his.

And, just like that, he pulled away, his lips tugging up into a triumphant smirk as he took in her slightly flustered appearance. Carmen blinked a few times, still unsure of what had just happened.

"Come on," he murmured, his voice laced with even more arroagnce than usual. "My- our limo awaits."

"Fucking bastard," she breathed lowly to herself, but his hearty laugh that followed meant he heard her loud and clear. She huffed in exasperation, but didn't protest when she felt his coarse hand consume hers, and be brought to his lips. He kissed her knuckles softly, his eyes gazing into hers with amusement.

------

"Impressive," she hummed, glancing over the fine leather seats, her frail hands feeling at them as she crossed her ankles casually.

"I have far more impressive things than this," he remarked, his digits tapping away at his thigh. Styles forced his eyes to look anywhere but her. His blood was coursing rapidly through his veins, and his mind was racing to figure out why. Something about her presence, about the anticipation of what he knew, or was hoping would happen by the end of the night.

Carmen quirked an eyebrow, sensing the sudden tension as the limo started to cruise down the lit streets of London, a thick silence settling between their anxious bodies. It was getting to the kind of hours in the night where the streets started to die down with their buzz of life

"Do you mind if I have a smoke?" she muttered, already reaching into her clutch for the pack of Malbero. She flicked it open, running her fingertip over the ends of the cigarettes as she awaited his answer.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Styles nearly groaned in response. He grabbed the pack from her hand before she had time to react, and rolled down the window of the limo, tossing it out thoughtlessly.

"Why the hell did you do that?" she shrieked angrily, her eyebrows raised in shock. "I just bought that today, you asshole."

"I could care less."

Her lips pressed together in annoyance, mustering up her hardest glare. "You're fucking mental if you think I'm going anywhere with you after that."

"After what?" he scoffed, clearly amused as he quirked an eyebrow. "After I just got rid of those sticks of death? You're welcome, Miss Avalos. I just saved your life, really."

She huffed, desperate to respond snidely but failed to as she reminded herself of her business with the man beside her.