Ruby Red

"Can I get you something to drink, miss?"

She turned her head to see the bartender, his elbows leaning against the table and an exaggerated smile on his face. Her lips, painted in a thick layer of ruby red, twitched up into a flirtatious smirk, her body leaning forward, the already visible cleavage enhancing as her elbows pressed her breasts together, as if on accident. But none of her movements were accidental, they all had a purpose.

Her eyelashes, long and thick and casting spidery shadows down the planes of her face, batted up and down at him. His smile faltered, a lump visibly forming in his throat. Keeping her gaze on him, she dug her hand into the small clutch resting on the counter, a small frown replacing her smirk as her expression feigned sorrow.

"Goodness," she gasped, bringing her freshly manicured nails to her forehead. Her voice was sweet and melodic, and the bartender found himself almost swaying to the precious sound in his ears. "I think I left my credit card at home. I don't have any cash either." Her hands skillfully hid the contents of the clutch from him, only her eyes able to see the crisp stack of pounds. Her bottom lip stuck out in a pout, her dark eyes, nearly as black as the suede heels adorning her feet, looking up to him. He swallowed hard, and she found herself refraining from laughing at the way his eyes would stray from her face every so often, to an area just a bit lower.

His eyes made their way back to hers, the smile finding its way back to his lips as he regained his smooth composure. "This can be on me, gorgeous."

Before she could respond, he turned from her, his slightly shaking hands working right away to get her the best drink he could concoct. Sighing, she swiveled in the bar stool, her gaze returning to what it had been so interested in for the past hour. Her eyes widened slightly as she took in the scene before her, the relaxed poker game she had been eyeing from her seat at the bar now a gaze-catching sight.

Her eyes stayed on the man that had caught her attention from the start. Her spine straightened, gaining her an inch or two in height so she could get a better view. Her previously flirtatious expression was now calm with focus, watching as a glass of wine was brought to a pair of rosy lips.

"What is this?" she heard his hoarse voice say calmly, the rim of a glass brushing against his rosy lips. Even from her seat at the bar, she could feel the rawness of his voice, her inner thighs suddenly pushing together and the grin on her face widening.

"It's-uh, Muscat," the guy cowering beneath him spoke, his voice quavering. Her eyes caught the arrogance in his emeralds eyes that seemed to be glowing brighter with every nervous tremble of the man before him.

Playing mindlessly with ends of her ravenous curls, she watched as the glass was brought to his lips and he took a small taste of the wine. He pulled the glass back, an unfazed expression on his angular features. She eyed the strength of his jaw, which was set stiffly, and then roamed the length of his body. His build screamed regal, from the broadness of his shoulders to the leanness of his legs. Her tongue peeped out, gliding slowly against her bottom lips as thoughts of what his body looked like without a suit on threatened to ruin her cool stature.

"Here's your drink, babe," came a voice to silence the deafening images running through her mind. She averted her eyes back to the bartender as he slid a fruity drink her way, a hopeful twitch in his smile. She rolled her eyes, grasping the glass and returning her attention to where it belonged. She didn't come to the finest club in London to settle for the bartender. The role she was seeking could only be played by someone like Green Eyes; someone powerful, wealthy, and enticing.

"Get the fuck out of my club," she heard him growl at the man before him, her lips brushing against the glass as the fruit drink slid down her throat. She pulled the glass away, a faint stain from her lipstick imprinted on it, just as the trembling man Green Eyes had been glowering at, fled from the scene, disappearing in the crowd of dancing bodies.