ℰ𝓂ℴ𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃

Request: OfficialNoratubeHD

- Steven x Reader

Steven isn't like the other kids, he's different, unique.

But other kids found him scary, every time Steven wanted to play with them, they ran away in fear and some even cried when Steven was approaching.

Steven didn't get it, Steven didn't know what he did wrong that made him so different from others.

But when he became more observant, he noticed one thing that he never showed.

Emotions.

Steven noticed that he never had those and kept them quiet, he knew that his family knows about his condition and silently trying to give him pills that can make him at least show something but the dull and monotonous expression and yet they didn't even come up close; Steven knew their plan all along but he just goes with the flow since he is curious too of having emotions like others.

At the age of 7, Steven intentionally killed a cat to test his emotions, triggered or guilty, anything that can make something out of him; but nothing sparks.

At the age of 9, he intentionally pushed a kid down the stairs in school when no one was around, -he's in hospital for a couple of weeks- Steven tried and tried again to feel guilty, but he couldn't.

So when he reached the age of 12, he gave up, the only thing he could felt the least; he didn't feel frustrated or sad, he just felt like giving up; he had tried everything, injuring animals and friends are included and he's still having no emotions towards anything.

Everyone in school knew that Steven was the one who pushed his friend down the stairs and the kid spread the rumours all over the school; the teachers and students began to treat him poorly and badly but he could care less, he assumed the more pain he feels, the more reaction he could get.

But yet, still nothing.

He gave up, after all those years of injuring people, he finally decided for it to come to a stop.

He was taught to always be kind and all to others, but it doesn't seem like others have taught the same; he could care less anyway and he's not really fond of people so it didn't really matter to him.

Once he had reached the age of 16, his heart was pounding heavily, the feeling he had never experienced in his entire life, it was as if his heart lived again even though it had kept him living for the past 16 years.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry for bumping into you." a girl spoke as she held out her hand gently to Steven who was on the ground with his books splattered around.

Steven thought he was dead at the time for seeing an angel talking to him with such a beautiful worried face, he could feel his cheeks burning in embarrassment as he grabbed the angel's hand; you easily hoisted Steven back on his feet and huffed.