𝒰𝓃𝒹𝓎𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ

-Steven Universe x Reader

Where Steven tried so hard to move on from the death of his wife.

Steven woke up one day on his bed, an arm hovering your space, patting it to notice that you weren't on your bed as it was neat and tidy folded.

Steven sat up, starring at your empty space on the bed, trying to figure out where you went in the early of one morning, his gears slowly processing but nothing came to his mind, luckily, a sound of humming was heard in the bathroom, soft and beautiful.

Steven grinned at your silliness, probably still mesmerizing your bump on your stomach, and yes, you're pregnant of his child and never once in his year of marrying you got regretted, never.

Steven pushed away from the thick blanket, walked towards the bathroom lazily with the same enjoyable grin on his lips, seeing the bathroom's door was wide open which revealed you in front of the body-sized mirror, softly rubbing your stomach that had been 9 months like that, anytime the child will be given birth and alive, turn Steven and you to parents, a proud one too.

Steven leaned on the doorway, hands were stuffed in his pockets as he was smirking to your silliness as you kept on mumbling silly things out of your lips, face flushed and hands ran in circles on your belly, prepared to be a parent soon.

"Now what are you doing?" Steven asked, already knew the answer but still ask away.

You yelped in surprise, jumped a bit to the sudden appearance of your husband but soon recovered with a bright smile on your face, squealing happily while stroking your abdomen softly and lovingly.

"It kicks again. Come here" you said, hands motioned for him to come forward to you.

Steven didn't question and walked towards you, still held the small smile on his lips and just kept staring at your happy gesture figure, as you took his larger hand and set it onto your stomach, starred back to the brown orbs of Steven's, smiling widely.

Steven got your excitement when he felt his child kicks softly, rubbing his thumb in small circles on your stomach as he looked at you lovingly.

For these past few years of marrying you, he still couldn't believe that his first crush will turn to his first and only wife into his life, he never actually thought he will have a crush or taken a like on someone, and he also never expected that you were impregnated his child right now, for 9 months straight, without any arguments or issues between the two of you, he knew everything was perfect, he knew this was his happily ever after, seeing you stood in front of him while staring back at him with those beautiful color of (E/C) of yours, he just knew that you were the one for him and no one else could replace you, you will always be the one who he loved and nothing can change that.

The baby kicks again onto Steven's larger palm, made his grin grew wider.

"We're going to be parents, Steven! Aren't you excited?" you cheered loudly, jump cutely at the scene.

Steven chuckled to your childish behaviour, the child will be having the most fun and incredible mother they will ever get, if anything comes to you, he instantly figured that everything will be passed by flawlessly because of you, he can't wait to have a child with you.

Steven nodded to your question, leaned forward and captured his lips perfectly onto yours, moved to an invisible rhythm he created as both of yours and his eyes fluttered close, enjoying each other's presents.

This is his happily ever after.

Like he once told Spinel, happily ever after never existed, he will always have something going that he needed to be fixed with, but he never actually thought that you weren't going to be a part of the happily ever after he had been dreaming of.