𝒮ℴ𝓇𝓇ℴ𝓌

Request from ThiccThirdReich

Steven x Depressed Reader

The rain was pouring downwards violently and roughly, skies were crying to the loss of a friend, a dear friend.

Annoying music was playing when each droplet met the plastic umbrella, but no one seems to be bothered by that, no one appears to even care about it.

The sky was grey, dark grey, as the tears of it poured down and let all of the emotions met the empty looking ground.

You were standing alone, beside a muddy grave, your tears were mixed with the rain, so no one could actually tell either you were crying or just stared at the grave blankly.

A bouquet was in your hand, putting it onto the grave as a present for it.

You kneeled down to the level of the grave and graced your hand onto it, brushing it softly like you were petting a cat.

Tears roughly poured out of your eyeballs, slowly making it stings and change its colours to red.

"Hey, mama. I'm here again. I bought you your favourite flower, roses, right? What a coincidence. I like roses too..." your voice cracked.

You gripped on the mud, letting it go through your fingers, made your hand was full of dirt and mud.

Your hair got wet, the umbrella was far from your reach, didn't care about it at the moment.

Your mother had died recently, because of an accident, a car crash.

You blamed it all to yourself.

It was you who did it.

You were careless, you were dumb, you were stupid, you were every bad word in the whole wide world.

You killed your own mother.

How could you?

It went like this.

You were driving with your mother beside you, sit in the passenger seat.

You and your mom had just got into a fight, something that you couldn't remember which made you super regret.

And at the time, you were too focusing on arguing with your mother that you had not noticed the car in front of you, made the two of the cars met and caused an accident.

You woke up after that, still in the car.

You looked over to your right, saw that your mother had her right parts got crashed due to the car crashed earlier, made you cried your balls out and hugged your mom tightly as you apologised repeatedly to her, but you knew, it won't make a change.

You a murderer.

You killed your own mother.

Why can't you remember what the fight was about?

Was it important?

Oh, how you wish it was super important that you had to argue about it.

A sudden of umbrella noise was heard, making you looked upwards to see Steven smiling softly at you while holding to umbrellas, one for him and another was yours.

You teared up again as you stood up and hugged him tightly in your embrace, he couldn't exactly hug back since he was holding two umbrellas in his hands.

"Let's go home," Steven said, kissing your forehead.

You nodded and bid your goodbye to your mother's grave, taking the umbrella of yours and holding Steven's free and tightly.

Your eyes were found reddish as it still welling up some of your salty tears but no one actually bothered about it.

𝒯𝒾𝓂ℯ 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓅

Both of you and Steven had taken a peaceful bath together, made you all freshened up away from the sticky rains.

You were lying on the bed, staring off at the ceiling as you can't sleep well at the night, tears rolling down your face which you had not noticed it yet.

Steven wasn't sleeping either.

He just put his back to you and looked to the wall, then slowly dragged his eyes to the nightstand of his, looking at his golden ring.

It had been 4 years you both got into marriage and you were both still loved each other till the day, but ever since your mother died, the spark has gone and made you such a depressed person about it.

Everyone kept telling you that it wasn't your fault that you caused her death, and it was also not your fault that she couldn't be in peace.

It just made you more depressed so everyone kept their mouth to themselves and not to speak a word.

Steven still remembered what the fight was about, you had told him when the first day your mother in the hospital, you were also kept on mumbling in your sleep, which concerned him the most, it was weird that you couldn't remember what it was about.

Steven was there beside you and comfort you, whisper nothing except goods, but you weren't feeling much better.

He then took his courage and told you what happened at the time, which made you cried harder.

You said that the argument was about your marriage with Steven, which the mother didn't approve, but you had confirmed it with your dad and he gave you his blessing.

But your mother disagrees to let Steven marry you because she said he is weird and not normal and rich like other guys out there, and how he was not that handsome to her eyes.

That set you off.

The way your mother described Steven was like she describing trash, garbages.

That's when the argument started, and the aftermath.

You didn't actually regret marrying Steven and got pregnant for 3 months with him, but you regretted of how you screamed and yelled at her mean things right before she died, made it to last words coming from you.

You hated to think that you are the reason for your mother's death, but it's the truth, the painful truth, you couldn't object it, it's the truth after all.

You then looked towards Steven who had his back to you, made your eyes went all teary as it released a couple of salty and warm tears, you then scootched to him and hugged him from behind, tightly around your arms and in your embrace.

Steven was shocked at the sudden action of yours, made his head tilted towards you who had your face deep onto his back, made his back was wet with your tears.

"I'm sorry if I annoyed you or make you felt useless and unloved..." you spoke, sobbing afterwards.

Steven's eyes softened as he twirled his body and hugged you from the front, kissing your forehead with love.

"No. I'm sorry for not being there when you need me. I know that you're in pain, but I still didn't do anything to help you get through it. I'm sorry, love" Steven said, deepening his forehead onto your head as your embrace tightened around him.

"Steven..."

"Hm?"

"You know that I love you right?"

Steven chuckled and nodded as your answer, covering both of yours and his body under the blanket, slowly drifting to slumber.

Thank you, Steven.