Chapter 1

Smita POV

A/N - I remember most of the memories of me and my husband, and so, I decided to open  the cover of this book to you all.

I kept walking through the hallways of Jayshree Periwal High School Jaipur, calling the name of my best friend - and secretly - I was crushing on - him.

"Dhruv?" I asked.

The Yellow house captain ran into me, the Green House Captain Council Member of the 11th Grade.

"Dhruv has not come today, Smita." Naina said, the Yellow House Captain, and - My closest friend.

"Why?" 

"Idiot, didn't you hear the news? He's caught up with high fever." She said, and I got lost.

"Hello? I see." She smirked, snapping fingers in front of me.

"Missing him already,  huh?" She asked.

"Missing who already?" A deep voice from my back, which made blood rush to my cheeks.

"Keep yourself normal." I thought to myself, turning around.

"Smita - what happened?" He asked.

"H - hi. What're you doing here?" I asked.

He looked at me, confusion smashing through his head.

"I can't come to school now or what? And why on Earth are you acting - so different?" He chuckled.

"Dhruv - Me? Different? You've really lost your mind. Here I am, asking you how your fever is, and you say I'm acting different?" I said, really annoyed, storming off.

A/N - Our first fight 😂

Dhruv POV

I - what just happened?

I looked at Naina - who was making a guilty face.

Aha.

"Kya tum wajah ho Smita ke gusse ki? (Are you behind Smita's outburst?)" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She did not answer, but I understood.

"Damn it, Naina!" I said, rushing off, to find my love - I'm sorry - crush.

I'm 100% certain she does not like me that way.

A/N - Little did he know at that time. Right, guys?

I looked for Smita everywhere - but did not find her.

Wait - I've got it.

I rushed to the gardens, only to find Smita sitting there, weeping.

I walked to her, keeping a hand on her shoulder.

"Smita?" I said.

"Oh, hi." She said, getting up with a light blush.

"Hi, and I'm sorry. It was Naina who fooled you into the fact that I had fever. I was just a little late." I said.

"Never mind." She hugged me.

"I just want us to be best friends forever." We both said, at the same time.

We broke apart and looked away.

"Di - Di!" I heard a voice. Arnav.

He was rushing through the hallways, looking for Smita, of course, a year younger than her.

"Chhote - Main thik hoon (Chhote, I'm fine)" She replied.

He looked towards the gardens, and came running, hugging Smita.

"Di - I was so worried - Why are you here?" He asked.

"I'm okay." She smiled.

"Hello to you too." I cleared my throat.

He instantly smirked.

"Hello, Dhruv jij - " I blocked his mouth.

"Dhruv - what was that for?" Smita asked.

The three siblings, Smita, Samita Di, and Arnav are very protective of each other.

"I'm fine, Di." Arnav said, still smirking.

"Aur Chhote - tum Dhruv ko kya bulane wale the? (And, Chhote, what were you just about to call Dhruv as?)" Smita asked, confused.

"N - nothing. He likes to tease me calling me Dhruv Ji, I don't know why." I fakely chuckled.

How idiotic I was to tell Arnav about my crush on Smita.

"Okay - " He said, unsurely, and went into the campus.

I looked at Arnav.

"Chhote ji, ab aapko kaun bachayga?" (Chhote ji, who'll save you know?) I told him.

"Main bas apne kisi Di ka naam chilla lunga." (I'll just yell out one of my sisters' name) He said.

"Fine, but please don't do this." I said.

"Just confess, yaar. She does like you back." He urged.

"No, thank you." I said, walking away.

"Life may not offer you another chance. Do as you think best now." Arnav said, walking away too.

For the entire day, Arnav's voice echoed in my head 'Life may not offer you another chance'

But, the school hours were now over.

We walked over to our buses but I stopped Smita.

"Smita." I held her hand.

"Huh. Dhruv, what happened?" She asked.

"I needed to say something." I stuttered.

"What?" She asked.

I looked at her chocolate brown eyes. Plain as always.

"Di! Tum aaj ghar nahi aana chahti kya?" (Di, don't you wanna come home today?) Arnav yelled from the bus.

"Sorry, Dhruv. I have to go. We'll talk tomorrow." She said, and rushed off.

I went home, and slopped down on the sofa.

"Dhruv?" I saw my elder sister.

Meet my elder sister, Anjali.

"Hi, Di." I said.

"Huh. Kuchh to hua hai. Kya chupa rahe ho tum?" (Huh. Something's happened for sure. What're you hiding from me?) She asked.

I looked at her.

"Tum jante ho tum mere upar vishwas kar sakte ho." (You know that you can trust me) She said.

"Life may not offer you another chance. Arnav's words." I said.

"Kya? Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha, saaf saaf batao." (What? I can't understand, tell me clearly what's wrong.) She said, scrunching her eyebrows.

I gave her a look that said 'Di, samjho. Uska problem hai' (Di, try to understand. It's her problem) as our parents were around.

Di looked at me, and got it.

"Oh." She said.

"Dhruv, kal hi samjhaya tha. Bol de, use aisa feel nahi hota hoga to wo tujhe bol degi." (Dhruv, I told you yesterday. Just tell her. If she doesn't feel the same for you, then she'll tell you)

"Okay, Di. Kal pakka." (Okay, Di. I'll surely do it tomorrow)

 I hugged her.

Soon, it was night, so we had dinner, and went off to our rooms.

"Tomorrow's a big day" I told myself.