Chapter 5

Smita POV

"Uncle?" I asked.

"Hello, everyone, long time!" He greeted.

Me, Chhote and Di touched his feet while he hugged Mom and Dad lightly.

Everyone saw I was almost at the verge of breaking into tears, but I controlled myself well.

"Uncle, Assam se Jaipur, pleasant surprise!" I said.

It was Dhruv's father.

"Ha - beta. Had some business here, so I came to visit also." He said.

"Come in." Mom said.

We all sat down on the couch.

"Smita, I'd like to talk to you a little. You can bring Arnav with you, but I do." Uncle said.

"Okay, Uncle. Please come." I said.

I lead him to Samita Di's room on the ground floor, with Chhote right behind me.

We reached there.

"Smita." Uncle said.

"Mujhe pata hai aap kya bolne ki koshish kar rahe hai. It's okay, nevermind." (I know what you're trying to say.) I said.

"Aur, hamare door jaane ke baad Dhruv ki bhi halaate acchi nahi hai." (And after we shifted, Dhruv's also not keeping well) He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He still loves you Smita. A lot. That's what I wanted to say." Uncle said, walking out. 

I didn't understand that, but I decided not to ask him anymore.

The day passed. And soon a month passed to - Samita Di's wedding.

It was the wedding day, and she was to leave to her in - laws now, in Delhi. We exchanged a lot of last hugs, but we'd promised we won't cry.

"So, now you're Mrs. Samita Sharma?" I asked.

She nodded in refusal.

"Mrs. Samita Madhu Sharma." She smiled.

We exchanged one last hug, but we saw our little brother was miserable.

"Di, you're only 22. Why are you leaving me to Delhi?" He asked.

Samita Di hugged him.

"Koi baat nahi, Chhote. Smita abhi bhi tere paas hi hai. Aur - main hamesha call karungi." (It's okay, Chhote. Smita's still with you only. And - I'll always call home.) She said.

They hugged and she and Kunal jiju drove off to the airport.

We all went home too.

I was 21 right now, Arnav was 20, and Di was 22, in the year 2016.

We went home, and I saw two wrapped boxes on the table.

"Whoa." I said.

I unwrapped the two boxes, one for Chhote, and one for me.

"Chhote!" I said.

He came rushing.

"Di. What happened?" 

"Samita Di left us - whoa." I said.

She'd left Arnav a small pocket watch, and me a thin bracelet.

I dialled up her number.

"The number you're trying to reach is either switched off or unreachable at the moment. Please try again later." I heard from the other line.

"She must be in the flight, Di." Arnav laughed.

"Oh, yeah." I said.

The day passed soon enough, Me and Chhote were missing Di, so he slept over in my room.

Let's see where my future takes me now.

The next morning!

"Di. Di. Di!" Arnav shouting near my ear.

"Chhote! Let me sleep!" I turned away.

"Acha. Kam par nahi jaana hai tumhe? (Oh. You don't wanna go to work, then?) " He asked.

I shot up.

"Kya? Chhote! Kitne baj rahe hai? (What? Chhote, what time is it?) " I asked.

"Gyara. (Eleven) " 

"Oh no!!! Arnav, get out! I need to get ready!" I yelled.

"Arnav kaun hai? Main to Chhote hu. Aur abhi to 7 hi baje hai." (Who's Arnav? I'm Chhote. And it's striking 7 a.m.!) He said.

"What?!" I asked.

"Mm Hmm." He smirked.

"Chhote - main maar dalungi tujhe." (Chhote, I'll kill you) I said.

"Pakad ke to dikha." (Catch me if you can) He smirked, and ran off.

We ran till the ground floor, and eventually reached the main door. I bumped into someone.

"Hey, baby. Morning. I just came." He said.

"Dh - " I started.

"Ankit." Chhote whispered.

I looked up. It was not him.

"Hi, Ankit." I hugged him.

"Smi - what happened?" He asked.

I trembled in rage as he called me that.

"Never call me that again." I growled, walking off.

"Bye, bye Ankit. I'll tell her to call you later." I saw Arnav rushed Ankit away.

Then he came rushing after me. I had exploded into tears.

"Di, it's okay." He came, hugging me.

"I can't suffer more. His memories haunt me everyday, Chhote. By something or the other." I cried in his arms.

Everything suddenly spun, and I cut to black.

Arnav POV

A/N - Hey guys! This is Arnav. Di's given me her laptop today, I'm in her and Dhruv jiju's house, and I'll write this incident. I'll tell you when Di starts writing again. See ya! 

"Di!" I yelled.

Mom and Dad came rushing upstairs.

"Arnav - kya hua? Oh no!" (What happened?)  Mom said.

"Smita? Madhu? Wake up." Dad said.

I picked Di up, and made her lie on the bed.

"Arnav - hua kya that?" (What actually happened?) Mom asked.

"Ankit called Di as 'Smi'.... So, you can understand..." I said.

"Dhruv bulata tha use 'Smi.' (Dhruv used to call her 'Smi') Mom nodded, having understood.

"Woh bahut gussa ho gayi Ankit par, wo chala gaya, aur yaha yeh ro rahi thi. Usne kaha ki Dhruv ki memories se haunt hona wo ab aur nahi seh pa rahi hai." (She got very angry on Ankit, and he left, and she was crying in here. She told me that Dhruv's memories always haunted her, which she can't bear anymore.) I said.

Dad had just called the Doctor.

In about ten minutes, A Doctor was here, checking up Di.