Chapter 4

Smita POV

"Bua, please sorry mat boliye. Aapko pata kaise hi padta? Maine aur kisi ko bataya hi nahi tha family main." (Bua, please don't apologise. How would you even know? I had not told anyone else in the family.) I said.

Bua nodded, and Di came up to me.

"Promise me you're okay, Smita." She said.

I nodded.

We all went and sat down again.

Bua left in a few hours.

I lay in my bed, many thoughts smashing through my head, and I buried my face in a pillow, screaming lightly.

There was an instant knock on the door.

"Andar aa jao, Chhote." (Come in, Chhote.) I said.

"Di. What happened?" He asked, entering.

Samita Di and my parents also came in.

I rushed to my mother. Yes, even if you have really close and soft siblings, the best shoulder to cry on is always Mum's.

"Shh - Madhu." Dad said, patting my head, as I had wrapped Mum in my arms, crying.

A/N - Yes, for the readers who are not aware, my full name is Shreelakshmi Madhu. Smita is what everyone calls me though.

My mother sat down on the bed, and I was crying on her lap.

Dhruv POV

I'm here in Assam right now, totally helpless and sad.

Yes, my father does own that designer company, but he'd taken up a part time job in Maruti Suzuki (A car sales company) too.

But, it's been five years since I heard her voice.

But, as I was seeing her instagram pages, she had her 'relationship mode' on, with another guy.

I know I also was dating another girl - Tanya, but - still. 

And, the biggest fact - No one ever stole my heart like she did.

Di knocked on the door, and came in.

"Hey. Kya kar rahe ho tum?" (Hey. What're you doing?) She asked, clearly bored.

"Kuch nahi. (Nothing)." I said.

She totally recognized the look on my face.

"Smita ke baare main soch raha hai na?" (You're thinking about Smita, right?) She asked.

I looked at her but slowly nodded.

"To tu papa se chhuti mang kar Jaipur jakar dekh aa use." (Then ask for a holiday from Dad and go to Jaipur and see her) She suggested, sitting on the bed.

I kept  my head on her lap.

"No, Di. She already has another boyfriend." I said.

"So? You also have another girlfriend, but you still love only her!" She said.

This was true.

"I know, Di. But, what can I do? Samita Di is also getting married next month." I said.

Di looked up in excitement and surprise.

"Tujhe kaise pata? Aur iska matlab tum dono abhi bhi atleast baat karte ho?" (How do you know? And does this mean you two atleast talk to each other till now?) She squealed. 

"No, Di. I was missing her - so, Instagram page. I'd once told her that she was my adorable girl, and that's her instagram username since 6 years, but -" I said.

"Dhruv, kya pata ki woh bhi abhi tak tujhse pyaar karti ho?" Di said. (Who knows? Maybe she also still loves you.)

"Nahi, Di. Waise bhi, koi nahi. Maybe we are not the match for each other." (No problem) I said, trying very hard to cheer up.

"Bhagvan sab decide karta hai, Dhruv. Ab aage tumhare zindagi main kya hai, kaun hai, voh tum bhagvan ke upar chod do." (God decides everything, Dhruv. Now, just leave all your future fate to God.)

"Acha, bahut hua. Vanilla ice cream main M & M 's dalkar khaye kya?" (Okay, enough now. Wanna join me for Vanilla Ice Cream with M & M 's on it?) I asked.

A/N - My husband does love that combination a lot 😂

"Ugh. You and your weird combinations. No thank you." Di said, and walked out of the room.

"Waise suno, Di." (Btw, listen, Di.) I stopped her.

"What?" She asked.

"Where's Papa?" I asked.

"Business trip. Anyways, enjoy your ice cream - geez." She said, and walked out.

I laughed and went downstairs to the kitchen to get some of that.

Smita POV

"Mujhe hamesha lagta hai ki tum dono kitne door ho phir bhi kitne paas ho." (I always feel that you two are far away, but very near each other.) Arnav said, trying to cheer me up, as I still lay on Mum's lap, with a sad face.

"What on Earth was that?" Samita Di asked, looking at Chhote weirdly.

I chuckled a little.

"There we go. Happy now." He said.

"Chhote - tujhe pata hai teri wo line kitni cheesy thi?" (Chhote - do you even realise how cheesy that line was?) I smiled.

"Jo bhi hai. Atleast you're smiling now. I can't bear to see my sisters cry, even if it is at the cost of me cracking cheesy lines." (Whatever.) He said, chuckling.

"You're not cracking cheesy lines, Chhote. You yourself are cheesy." I said.

"Hey - " He started.

We stopped at the sound of the doorbell downstairs.

We all went downstairs to open the door - and saw -