Chapter 12

Smita POV

Me and Dhruv both looked on to my siblings, alarmed.

Everyone else in our family was alarmed too.

"Come on, hone wale jiju, woh to acche se karna padega na? C'mon up to the stage and show'em!" Chhote cheered. (Come on, to - be jiju, you have to do that properly right?)

Dhruv raised an eyebrow at Arnav and I sent him a death glare.

Chhote looked around at that, at everyone's alarmed faces.

"Arey, nahi! Woh ka matlab propose. Propose!" He said. (Oh, no. 'That' means - )

I heaved a sigh of relief as Dhruv looked at me.

"Tumne bhi wohi socha tha na?" We asked at the same time. (You also thought about that, right?)

I blushed at that.

"Is blush ke bare me abhi baat karenge, lekin usse pehle, mujhe kuch karna hai." He winked. (We'll talk about this blush later. Right now, I have some work to do.)

I smiled as he performed on a song, and then he came down to me, pulling me on stage.

He knelt down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

I pulled him up, and kissed him tight, earning a loud applause from the crowd.

We hugged each other as our family clapped and circled around us.

Now all we have to do is wait for a week to pass.

The next morning! (7 a.m.)

I entered the living room to see Jiju, Chhote and Dhruv talking.

"Kya baate ho rahi hai?" I asked, sitting down beside Dhruv, and him snaking an arm around my waist. (What are you talking about?)

"Kuch nahi. Rasmo ka record bana rahe the hum." Arnav replied. (Nothing, we were just making a record of all the functions.)

"Roka aur Haldi?" Jiju asked. (Engagement and turmeric function?)

"Check." Arnav said.

"Mehendi?" Jiju asked. (Henna?)

"Arey, jiju, rang to itna gehra chada - Aur sangeet?" Arnav smirked. (Hey, Jiju, the colour is soo dark! And sangeet?)

"Bhai, nach nach kar abhi tak pair dard kar rahe hai!" Jiju smirked. (Bro, my legs are still hurting from all that dance.)

"Hogaya!" Arnav said. (Done!)

"Nah. Phere bache hai." Dhruv chimed in. (Nope. Seven nuptial rounds remain.)

"Aur tumhara favourite bhi."I smirked. (And your favourite function too.)

"Konsa favourite?" Jiju asked, confused. (Which favourite?)

"Suhagrat." Chhote blurted out, earning a deadly glare from me.

They smirked at me and Dhruv.

"Chup raho tum dono. Aur khas karke tum, Chhote." I said. (Keep quiet, you two. Especially you, Chhote.)

"Waise baki ke log kaha hai?" Dhruv asked. (Btw, where are the others?)

"Vaidruthi mandir main Smita ki shaadi wali lehenga ko touch kara ne gaye hai." Jiju said. (They've all gone to Vaidruthi temple to give blessings to Smita's wedding lehenga.)

It just came up yesterday.

"Aur ek achi news bhi hai, jaisa Samita Di ne kaha, lekin Jiju aur woh abhi nahi bata rahe hai." Chhote groaned. (And Samita Di told us there's some good news, but Jiju and she won't tell us.)

"Uske aane ke baad bata denge hum." Jiju smiled. (After she comes, we'll tell you.)

"Kiske aane ke baad?" We heard Di. (After who arrives?)

"Yeh lo. Aa bhi gayi." Dhruv said. (There. She's arrived.)

"Di. Ab tum sara kam chodo aur batao. Kya hai?" Chhote said. (Okay, Di, now leave all your work and tell us what it is.)

"Kuch nahi, bas Kriti ko ek aur dost milne wala hai." Di said. (Nothing, just that Kriti's gonna get another friend.)

Everyone was delighted except for Chhote.

"Kriti ka ek aur dost ghar aa raha hai to isme kya badi baat hai?" Chhote asked. (If Kriti's another friend is coming home so what's the big deal?)

I playfully hit his head.

"Di ka matlab tha ki - " Dhruv and I started at the same time, and looked at each other. (Di meant that - )

"She's pregnant." Jiju completed, smiling.

"Acha." Chhote said. (Oh.)

We all laughed at him.

We congratulated them, and we all sat down.

"Sirf 6 din aur, Smi." Dhruv smiled, as we had locked hands.(Just six days more.)

"Hmm." I said.

"Waise abhi bata de kya?" Dhruv whispered, unnoticed by anyone else. (Shall we tell them now?)

"Okay." I blushed.

"You remember, Mom, Dad, Chhote, Samita Di, I had vowed I'd marry the person who I'll totally trust, and only break my virginity with him?" I asked.

They nodded, not getting the point.

"Well, it was Dhruv, after all." I smiled.

Everyone looked a bit shocked.

"You don't mean - " Chhote started, and I nodded.

"Kab?" Dad asked, smirking at us though. (When?)

"Oh, long time back. When we were still in twelfth grade." I said.

"Aur ab?" Samita Di asked.

"Nahi, that was two times,  and last." Dhruv said.

"And, Dhruv and my in - laws, I wanted to share something with you all too." I said.

"Well, after Dhruv, I had two boyfriends, Ankit and Kabir. Ankit and I never had a physical relationship, and we broke up rough, because he'd once called me Smi, and I missed Dhruv so much at that time that I couldn't bear it, and we broke up." I said.

"And this guy, Kabir - " I snarled.

"I thought he was perfect for me, and after a year of dating, I gave myself to him. But, what I got to know after another half year, he was having - no, he actually raped Naina. And I caught him saying to her that he only used me for my body. So, I broke up with him." I said.

Dhruv looked at me.

"He did that to her?" He asked.

"Yeah - " I started, interrupted by the bell.

I opened the door, Naina, and her husband, Gautam.

"Hi!" I hugged her.

"Careful there." She pointed to her baby bump, laughing.

She was 6 months pregnant, and had been married for a year and three months now.

"Naina!" I heard Dhruv.

"Hi!" They hugged lightly.

"Andar aao ab. C'mon." I said. (Come in.)

I made Naina sit on the sofa.

Everyone smiled at her, and they greeted each other.

"To akhir main tum dono fix ho hi gaye." Naina laughed. (So, you both eventually got fixed in the end.)

"Yeah." We smiled.

"How was the journey?" I asked, signalling one of the servants to take their luggage to the second floor guest room.

They lived in Gujarat.

"Good, bad." Naina said.

We smiled.

A/N - Well, see you a little in the future. Next update - Wedding! On 27th March, 2021. Stay tuned! I'm gonna update the HugFia stories in the meantime.

Engaged - My love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें