The Right Kind of Wrong (5)

Chapter Five 

"Or maybe she was fed up with your egotistical, full of yourself manner and pointlessly annoying her all the time. Everyone has a point where they're fed up at some time." Albus said, shrugging. 

He certainly would have walked away, especially if someone instigated something and just dropped it suddenly. 

Lily's smirk grew bigger, this was clearly amusing her. She merely shrugged back. 

"I don't have too...you will eventually prove it yourself, Malfoy." Lily said in a singsong voice. 

* * * * * 

"Is that so?" asked Scorpius. "Oh, I see. So, your brother was fed up when we beat you in Quidditch last year?" he asked innocently. "Anyway, I'm getting rather bored with this conversation -- or as you might say, fed up with your....." he paused as he looked at Albus from head to toe, thinking for the word to describe him. He shrugged. "There isn't even a word to describe it." 

He turned to Lily Potter. This little redhead is irritating him. How can something as little as her be so troublesome? How can she even irritate him more than anyone in his life? But he kept a straight face to hide it. He's quite good at that. 

Before Scorpius could speak, though, Damon and Goyle were already a feet behind him. 

"Prove what?" asked Goyle curiously. 

Damon just looked expressionless at Albus, then Lily, and finally at Scorpius. 

Scorpius seemed bored, but deep inside he's clenching his teeth. The little redhead might say something. But then again, so what? Scorpius can get out of anything. Hopefully, he can get out of this one, too. 

"Prove that we'll beat them again at Quidditch this year," lied Scorpius smoothly, smirking. 

Damon stared at Scorpius. Scorpius knows it, too. His answer doesn't fit what Lily just said. Obviously, why would Lily believe that Scorpius would definitely prove that the Slytherins will win when she's on the Gryffindor's side? But Goyle seemed to have bought it because he smirked as well. 

Scorpius turned to the Potters. Inside his pockets, his hands were on fists as he waited for them to say something opposite of what he said. They might tell what the argument was really about. 

Oh, well. He'll just wait and see. 

* * * * * 

Albus' face began to turn red at the mention of Quidditch. He himself had been quiet peeved over the loss last year for Quidditch is serious business. A smirk ran across his features as Scorpius couldn't come up with a word. 

"That's ok, Malfoy. You're just losing your touch. Happens to the best of us." He said, nonchalantly. 

Albus turned to the new comers, slightly annoyed. More of Malfoy's drones? 

Lily rolled her eyes at Scorpius, flipping her auburn hair over her shoulder. 

"Oh, you're playing a game alright..." She said under her breath, as she looked away as if she hadn't said anything. 

* * * * * 

When they didn't say anything, Scorpius let a sigh of relief under his breath. 

"I hope we're done here," Scorpius told the Potters. "Because, frankly, I have better things to do than talk to people like you." 

He glanced over his shoulder and nodded at Damon and Goyle. Signalling them to follow him, and telling them with his eyes that they're finished there. Then, he walked passed Lily and Albus Potter. 

"Oh, give my regards to James Potter," Scorpius called over. "We'll be seeing you in the field." 

After the last word, they went on their way. When they turned at the corner, Scorpius heard Goyle say, "Filthy blood traitors." Scorpius suddenly stopped. He turned to Goyle with a deadly aura. 

"That kind of thinking made our families have an awful reputation in the Wizarding world," Scorpius said in a low voice. "I have worked hard to restore my family's status. If you keep thinking that way, I'll not be surprised if you end up like your father." 

Goyle scowled. But he cannot do anything about it. What Scorpius said were all true. Scorpius knew that Goyle hated his father, but he grew up with the kind of his father's thinking. He's just misguided. Scorpius cannot blame him. 

"Keep that thoughts to yourself," continued Scorpius. "Understand?" 

Goyle kept quiet. So Damon said, "Scorpius is right. We live in a world where almost everybody loves muggles, as well as muggle-borns." 

"I got it," growled Goyle. 

Scorpius nodded. "I'm gonna go," he told them, "I haven't finished what I wanted to do." 

Which is sleep, he thought. 

He left them there. 

Merlin's beard. He feared the way Goyle thinks. The Dark times are over. There's no point in showing the world that there's still some pure-bloods who supports the Dark Lords ideas. Of course, many of the Wizarding families still think that the Dark Lord's ideas were inhumanly great. But you don't see them blabbering about it. You keep it to yourself. It's not that Scorpius likes Muggles. It's not that he hates them either. In the past, you need to choose which side you're going to be. But today, is there really any need to choose sides when it's all over? 

He sighed and shook his head. He walked a little faster so no one would see him. And at last, he made it to the place where no one could bother him: The Library. 

End of Chapter Five 

_________________________________________

Please Comment, Vote, and fan!! :)