The Right Kind of Wrong (16)

Chapter Sixteen

The moment Scorpius heard the name, his eyes automatically looked at the Gryffindor table to where the Potters usually sat. He scanned it for Lily Potter. But he didn't found a red head. Then, he saw Rose. She was looking down on her plate. But he didn't see her face.

"I'm impressed," said Lestrange, nodding in amazement.

Frankly, the news doesn't bother Scorpius so much. But thinking that it was a girl they hexed, makes him a bit irritated.

"Can you tell me the point of hexing her?" asked Scorpius tonelessly.

Goyle shrugged. "She annoyed us."

Scorpius opened his mouth to argue, but he stopped. He can't tell them off when he's doing the same thing. He jinxes people who annoys him, too. Even though he doesn't do it to girls or wizards with lower rank than him. He knows that it's unreasonable to let the matter go just because she's a Potter. But it's also unfair for him to scold his friends to do something that he occasionally does, too.

He sighed. "Do what pleases you," said Scorpius, shrugging as though the matter was nothing. He picked up his fork and began to eat. After he swallowed, he turned to the others again. "Just don't get caught with your mischief. The last thing I need is trouble with their lot," he added coldly.

The thing he doesn't like about falling in love with Rose Weasley is the company she keeps -- the Potters. But he can't do anything about it. They're her family.

"Sure, sure," said Marcus. "Don't worry about it."

Scorpius and Damon cannot help exchanging skeptical glances. Then, Scorpius stole a quick glance at Rose before continuing his dinner.

* * * * *

Rose tried to eat the mashed potatoes in front of her, but for the first time in a long time, her appetite had failed her. She took to just making sculptures out of her food, taking an occasional sip of water here and there. The Potters and Weasleys were relative silent for most of the meal, this earned numerous glances and normally they were a loud and boisterous crowd. Rose clenched and unclenched her jaw as she looked up periodically at the Slytherin table. She looked to Al and Hugo, placing her fork on the plate and sliding out of the bench, picking up her crutches.

"I'm going to go to the Hospital Wing...See Lily since I was...MIA today...You guys should get some rest. I'll come if there is a change." Rose said quietly before making her way out of the Great Hall, not looking back at either her family or Scorpius.

Something just didn't sit right with her about all this. She knew it hadn't been Scorpius, he had been with her after all. But what about the company he keeps? The lot tried to pummel her into the ground the other day and now her cousin? After what seemed like forever, Rose finally arrived at the Hospital Wing. A curtain was drawn around a bed that she assumed contained Lily. Madame Pomfrey came from around the curtain and upon noticing Rose, ushered her into a seat beside the bed.

"Since you are already here, I'll just take a look at your leg and you could well be on your way without those crutches...You Weasleys and Potters, no matter what generation, you make this place your second home." Madame Pomfrey said, as she bustled away to replace the many bottles she had in her arms.

Rose watched her go and she finally looked down at her cousin, who laid before her unconscious. Her porcelain skin was covered in red blotches that looked like burns. Rose felt fury course through her veins at the people who did this to her family and they were lucky she did not know their identities...But that would change as soon as Lily came around.

* * * * *

Scorpius was half way through finishing his meal when out of the corner of his eye, he saw Rose leave the Gryffindor table and headed out. He watched her go, as did everybody else. He glanced around the Hall. Looks like everyone's talking about the Potter girl.

He shook his head by the way the people are acting. They never made a big deal whenever he jinxes someone. They never cared to that person at all. But now, just because she's a Potter, they're all talking about it. They're all concerned to how she's doing. Yeah, he curses people who annoys him. But the whole school only talks about how skilled he was. Not about the person who annoyed him. They never cared for a nobody. They only cared to those whose family names are in the legends, like those Potter's kids and Weasley's large family. And when your father used to be in the Dark Side, they will condemn you. They will hate you as soon as hearing what your family name is. They wouldn't care if you're different. Or whether your father have changed. The only thing they'll care about is to keep a good name in the Wizarding World -- good and famous.

This natural behavior quite disgusts Scorpius. Damon seemed to read Scorpius' mind -- like he always does.

"We cannot change the way people think, Scorp," said Damon, shrugging.

"No, we can't," agreed Scorpius, frowning. "But I can change their perspective on matters. I've changed it once. And look where that brought my family -- to a higher status, as it always have been since ancient times. I can do it again."

"What are you getting at?" asked Damon, a little bit confused.

Scorpius didn't answer. He just took his time as he grabbed his goblet and drank from it. Getting the hint, Damon nodded and said, "Well, for as long as I've known you, when you want something done, you get it done -- no matter what the cost."

Scorpius cannot help but smile crookedly. Damon does know him well. He never doubted it.

"Do you remember that one time, when we were in our first year and a group of sixth year Slytherins bullied you?" asked Damon. Scorpius winced, remembering. It's odd hearing someone say that. "They spoke nastily about your father and grandparents. Well, do you remember what you did to them?"

Scorpius grinned. "I took revenge," he answered simply. He remembered casting a spell for losing bones, even though it was advanced magic. The sixth years spent a month in the infirmary making their bones grow back. It was painful. But they deserved it. People knew it was Scorpius -- alone -- that cast the spell. But they have no evident proof. Since then, nobody dared to cross Scorpius Malfoy. But nothing like that ever happened again. Because he matured and learned to control his rage -- at least, on some parts. He also gained a good reputation, despite that little incident when he was a first year. People liked him now. All is good. Until he got infatuated with Rose Weasley, that is.

"But of course you won't do that again," said Damon, grinning. "I'm just saying what you're capable of."

"Damon, thank you for reminding me," said Scorpius, raising an eyebrow. "But I'm well aware of what I'm capable of doing," he added a bit darkly.

"Good. Because I'm tired. I wanna go rest in my chambers."

The others heard Damon's last words and decided to go, as well. Scorpius was about to say that he'll stay a little longer when Damon interrupted him.

"You better come with us, mate," said Damon, suddenly serious. "Trust me, now is not the time to wander off around the castle -- even if it is your patrol tonight."

Scorpius was taken aback by what Damon said. In both of their terms, the words 'wander off' means visiting of following the Weasley girl. Scorpius frowned in confusion.

"What?"

"The issue with the Potter girl is too steamy as of now," said Damon in a low voice. "You better lay low for while. For your sake, as well as your girl's."

They stared at each other for a long moment. Talking with the use of their eyes. And just looking that Damon's eyes, Scorpius knew. He just knew that Damon knows about him and Rose.

"How did you--?" But of course, Scorpius already knew.

"It was quite obvious, actually," said Damon, wincing in a bit of disgust.

Scorpius rolled his eyes. He stood up and ruffled his hair. They followed the others who were waiting for them by the entrance of the Great Hall. Eyes followed Scorpius' every move, as usual. They passed by the Gryffindor table. Scorpius glanced at the Potters briefly. He didn't make any remarks. He wasn't in the mood. Besides, he only irritates Rose. The Potters, not much. He doesn't want to waste his time with them, see. He looked at them coldly and left the Great Hall with Damon. He led the others on their way to the dungeons. They were a noisy and sneering bunch.

When Scorpius reached his dorm, he didn't sleep right away. He wrote a letter to Rose saying,

Rose,

Sweet dreams. Be safe.

H.

Scorpius looked at it. H for Hyperion, his middle name. Will she know that it's him? Of course. She's not dim-witted. He shook his head as he called his eagle owl.

"You know what to do," whispered Scorpius to his eagle owl. He watched it fly away and disappear in the night sky. When the owl's gone, he stayed by the window, gazing at the stars.

Why must things be so complicated for us? he thought.

* * * * *

Madame Pomfrey returned and began removing the bandage that was wrapped around her leg. The swelling had gone down quite a bit, all that remained of the accident was a spectacular bruise on her knee. She was handed a mild pain potion she would have to take for a day or two in the morning. Rose nodded, happy to be free of her crutches and bandages. Just then, Rose heard a faint pop and she looked over and noticed her uncle Harry and aunt Ginny had arrived, each with a harried look upon their faces.

"Who did this?" Harry demanded as Madame Pomfrey came in to tell the intruders off, only to be taken aback by the two parents.

Rose shrugged her shoulders and shook her head as Ginny went over and sat on the bed beside her daughter. Harry ran his hand through his jet black hair and heaved a sigh before looking over to Rose. He gave a faint smile to Rose.

"Rose, it is late...You should head back to your dorm and get some rest,” he said.

Rose nodded and gave each a hug before making her way to the door. She lingered a moment long enough to hear Harry whisper to Ginny.

"We'll get to the bottom of this...Something is up, first Rose and now Lily? It isn't an accident, Gin..."

Rose made her way back to Gryffindor Tower and soon enough found herself back in her dorm. Exhaustion hit her as she collapsed on her bed, face buried in her pillow. She could hear a faint tap on the window that slowly picked at her nerves. Wondering if someone was going to get that, she looked up over at the owl in the window. Rose rolled off the bed and let the owl in, which flew in and stuck its leg out to her. Sure enough, her name was written neatly across the scroll. As soon as she took it, the owl departed and Rose went back to her bed. She unrolled the scroll and read its contents. Short and sweet and it was signed by H. Confusion swept over her for a moment before it dawned on her it was Scorpius, who else would write such a note? Plus she recalled seeing his initials inscribed on his bag and some of his items before. Rose sighed and rolled over on her side, still staring at the letter.

Be safe.

Her brow furrowed as she placed the letter on her nightstand. Something was amiss.

* * * * *

The next morning, Scorpius woke up in a daze. So many things have happened this weekend that it seemed like a dream to him. He lay in his bed, recalling the memories of yesterday afternoon. But then, he remembered last night. About the Potter girl and his friends hexing her. Rumors say that she was still in the infirmary.

Those idiots, thought Scorpius. Of all the people to jinx, they had to do it to a Potter. Of course, hexing someone is not really that big of a deal. But doing it to a Potter IS. People will get suspicious as who in the world would think to do that to Harry Potter's daughter.

Scorpius sat up and rubbed his eyes. Not a moment later, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," he said.

The door opened, and in came Damon. He put his hands in his pockets and casually leaned on Scorpius' study table. His expression was indifferent as he looked at Scorpius. He stayed that way for a few seconds.

Scorpius raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked, a bit annoyed.

"The boys are in trouble," Damon answered seriously, referring to Goyle and the others.

"How so?" asked Scorpius, frowning now.

"A reliable source told me that Harry Potter and his wife were here last night visiting their daughter in the Hospital Wing," explained Damon. "I know that we're both thinking the same thing." Scorpius didn't answer. Damon continued, voicing out what was both in their minds, "Harry Potter won't let this matter go."

Scorpius sighed heavily. He rubbed his temples, rapidly thinking. He climbed out of his bed and walked by the window. Damon waited for Scorpius. Finally Scorpius faced Damon.

"Call Goyle and the others," he ordered Damon. "I need to speak to them. Now."

End of Chapter Sixteen

_____________________________________

Please comment and vote!! ^_^