The Right Kind of Wrong (21)

I dedicate this chapter to the one who.... sort of continuosly asked me to upload this not so well-off story. hehehe..

And now, folks, I bring you.... the finale.

________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-One

While the others murmured to each other, Scorpius was watching Rose. She was pouring the Veritaserum on the empty bottle that she took.

Wha-? What in Merlin's moldy socks is she doing? thought Scorpius. Or rather, what is she up to? If she was going to sneak away the potion, she could've been a little bit more stealthy about it. Maybe this is her first time doing something like this. Well, it doesn't really surprise me.

Then, he caught Damon's eye. He was also looking. He's quite observant, Damon. That's one of the many things why he and Scorpius get along so well. Damon raised his hand slightly and pointed his forefinger at Rose, while he raised an eyebrow at Scorpius questioningly. Scorpius turned to Rose, and then back at Damon. He shrugged.

Scorpius was about to ask Rose when she spoke, "This isn't over...You may be so cunning to get yourself out of whatever situation that comes your way, but with this one, I'm one step ahead of you...Or maybe behind. Either way, for once you will finally get what you rightfully deserve."

Scorpius just raised an eyebrow. Huh. So she is up to something. But... Scorpius has a nasty feeling about this. The wound is still fresh in the gang's mind. If Rose succeeds in whatever she's planning, that might push them over the edge. They're too flamed by what that idiot Potter did this morning. There's no need for Rose to add the fire. She'll be putting herself in danger. If this is going to be her first time taking revenge, she won't help but be reckless. No matter how brilliant she is. The gang's an expert on being even. And in their vocabulary, being even means getting the last say -- or in their case, casting the last curse. If Rose continues with whatever her plan is, the boys won't rest until they get even. When that time comes, Scorpius doesn't know if he'll be able to protect Rose anymore.

No. He won't let that happen. He won't let her be in danger -- needless to say, his friends are the danger to her. But only if she succeeds. Scorpius can't take the chance. He can't risk her being in danger. Not all the time can he protect her from his friends. So he'll just prevent whatever she's planning.

I'm sorry, Rose, my love, thought Scorpius. But I'll do whatever I can to protect you -- especially from my friends.

He looked at Damon when Rose turned her back. He made a simple sign language that says, "Switching spell." Damon nodded, he summoned an identical bottle with only water in it and with a flick of his wand, the tiny bottle in his hand just vanished and was replaced by a reappearing one. They switched places without even moving.

"Excellent," mumbled Scorpius indifferently, looking away. He wasn't in the mood anymore. How could he not, when the only girl that he could possibly love was walking away, slipping from his hands? More importantly, he was a royal prat towards her.

"Shall we go to the hide-out, then?" asked Zabini. "I can't wait to make some plan to get back at Potter."

"Are you mad? It's broad-daylight, mate," said Lestrange incredulously. "Let's just go to the common room. I'm quite sure the other students are already attending their classes. Let's eat there. By the way, where do you recon the dragon came from?"

"I have a pretty good guess," answered Damon, grinning.

"Let us go and plan ahead," insisted Zabini. "The others are probably on their way there now."

"There'll be no planning," Scorpius suddenly said. He looked quite serious. He pointed his wand toward the door and whispered, "Muffliato!" Then he turned back to the others. "See what I kept telling you? They're just a bother. They're not worth the trouble." He stood up from his seat and looked at them straight in the eye. "After Damon and I get cleared from the accusations, I want nothing to do with their lot anymore. And I want each and every one of you to do the same. Go ahead and hex anyone you want. But not them. Pass that message to the three who aren't here." He pinched his nose in frustration of the trouble they're in. After he's fully calmed down, he ruffled his hair. "Let's go to the common room and eat. I'm going to skip a couple of periods. What about you boys?"

The others sneered after being frozen from Scorpius' seriousness.

"Do you really feel the need to ask that last question?" asked Damon, with a raised eyebrow. He started walking toward the door.

"Not really," answered Scorpius truthfully, walking ahead.

Scorpius may appear calm and collected as he usually does. But in all honesty, his mind is filled with Rose Weasley as they went to the Slytherin common room.