The Right Kind of Wrong (7)

Chapter Seven 

Rose sighed, her stomach giving a persistent rumble. Her appetite hadn't diminished at all and with that, she began to pack up her study materials into her bag. She slung it over her shoulder and made her way quietly out of the hallway. Her mind had been clouded nearly all day with thoughts of the insufferable blonde one, Scorpius Malfoy. It frustrated her to no end, not being able to get as much work done because of his gray eyes piercing her brain. She had mentally berated herself for such thoughts. Malfoy was forbidden territory, not to mention he was also an arrogant toe rag. 

The delicious scents of the Great Hall drifted through the air as she drew nearer. Rose entered, the warm glow and lovely smells washed over her. She smiled as she made her way over to the Gryffindor Table where her many cousins were sitting. 

"Hey, guys." Rose said brightly, taking a seat besides Lily and Al, her brother Hugo across from them. 

She poured herself a goblet of Pumpkin Juice and took a sip. An unknown force pulled her eyes away from her family and across the hall to the one who had invaded her mind all day. A faint blush crept across her cheeks as she remembered her day dream and she quickly looked away, rejoining the conversation between her family members. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius watched Rose Weasley sit between the Potters. He saw her glance at him and then quickly looking away. He smirked. Anytime now... 

He continued to stare at her when Goyle sat in front of him, blocking his view from the Gryffindor table. Scorpius didn't say anything. He just looked at Goyle, waiting for him to figure it out. Then, Damon looked at him while he munched on his bread. Damon turned to Goyle, and back at Scorpius. 

"Goyle, pass that caviar," Damon told Goyle, pointing to his far right side. So Goyle had to move, unblocking Scorpius view. "Stay there," said Damon, stopping Goyle from moving back. "I might want to get something from your reach." 

Goyle shrugged and continued eating. Scorpius smiled. 

Thank you, Damon, Scorpius thought. 

All of a sudden, an owl flew in the Great Hall. Everybody looked at it. It was quite unusual to get a mail during dinner. Everyone watched it as it landed in front of Rose Weasley. 

* * * * * 

Rose laughed at Albus' joke about Hugo, who sat there, ears red and glaring at the Potter. She took a sip of her pumpkin juice, still smiling, when she and the others of the Great Hall looked up as an owl came flew down the rafters. It was odd to get post at dinner, normally it was during breakfast. She felt her stomach drop as the owl landed right in front of her, sticking its leg out for her to take the letter attached. 

Rose looked around, her face sudden hot and an outstanding shade of red. She took the letter and the owl soon took flight out of the Great Hall. She peered at her brother and cousins and was aware that a countless number of eyes were on her. She stared down at it, wondering if she should open it. Her curiosity got the best of her, naturally, and she carefully opened the letter and stared down at its contents. 

If her face was red now, it became even more so, if it were possible. Rose stuffed it into her pocket and glanced around furtively. The whole thing in the library was real, not imagined. Well, possibly whoever had sent it to her was definitely not Malfoy, he would never think like that. Rose ignored the many questions that flowed her way from her family, insisting it was nothing to no avail. 

Lily leaned over, a mischievous glint in her eye as she spoke in a sing song voice. 

"Judging by the look of your face, you have an admirer!" 

Rose glared at Lily, she did not know even half the story. And no one ever would. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius looked at her curiously. Rose was red in the face. He chuckled quietly. Faking it as a cough so no one would notice. He put his goblet to his mouth so could cover the smile on his face. 

Now, she knows that the kiss is real, he thought. 

That was enough for him. But was it really enough for him? He knows that deep in his heart, he wanted her to know. He wanted her to know how he feels. But he can't. He cannot let this feelings go on the surface. He didn't work hard to revive his family's reputation just to watch it go to dust for a girl. And not just a girl -- a Weasley girl. That thought removed the smile on his face. He placed the goblet down in front of him, deep in thought. What can he do to prevent it from happening? But can he really prevent his heart from falling for Rose Weasley? 

What am I thinking? Scorpius asked himself. I already fell. How could I not from all those years of unexplainable magnet that's pulling me to her? What I can do now is prevent anyone from knowing it. And for me to know if ever she feels the same way. From there, I'll figure our what to do. 

"So, it's already dinner time," said Damon. "Let's discuss about when's Quidditch Practice." 

It doesn't surprise Scorpius how his friends, nor the other Slytherins, care about the unusual mail this evening. He smirked. The plan worked, just as he expected it to. 

"Find out when the Gryffindors are planning on reserving the field for practice," ordered Scorpius, not only to Damon, but to the rest of the team as well. "Then, reserve ours on the same day. Be stealthy. I don't want them to suspect anything." He added seriously. 

"Why, you don't want us to have a run in with them, Scorp," said Marcus, with a raised eyebrow. "That'll increase the tension between us." 

Scorpius's smile grew wider. He looked at Marcus, as he said, "That's exactly what I want." 

And he left it at that. Increasing the tension means a better game at Quidditch. Everybody will have to give it their best. There's nothing more than an unwanted little banter with the Gryffindor Quidditch Players to spike up the Slytherins'. 

End of Chapter Seven 
_________________________________________________________ 

Sorry it's quite short. I'm getting ready for school, see. Hope you like it.  

And it's my last post for today.. :)